Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comparing 2020 DE's to recent college stars (RIVALS)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 2,131

Comparing 2020 DE's to recent college stars (RIVALS)

May 13, 2019, 9:28 AM

1. BRYAN BRESEE

Comparison: Nick Bosa

Overview: Bosa was a dominant force at Ohio State when healthy and basically did as he pleased at defensive end. Bresee could be a bigger version of that since he is already 6-foot-5 and 280 pounds and is committed to Clemson, which clearly knows how to develop defensive line talent. The five-star defensive end has power to dominate offensive linemen and surprising speed to the edge. He’s special - just like Bosa was in high school - and it wouldn’t be shocking to see him as a first-round draft pick down the line.

Farrell’s take: Bresee is bigger than Bosa at the same stage but slightly less explosive. However, he’s ranked higher because he can play defensive end or tackle at the next level. His motor is similar to Bosa’s and he has excellent pass-rushing moves as well. It’s hard to beat either Bosa, Joey or Nick, but Bresee has a chance to be as good.

3. MYLES MURPHY

Comparison: Chase Young

Overview: Murphy was terrific at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by adidas last summer, which was especially impressive since he was an underclassman at the event. It didn’t matter. The five-star has an excellent frame where he could probably still add weight, he’s quick to the inside, quick to the edge and can win reps basically however he wants. Young plays in a similar way where he’s fast and aggressive off the edge and that’s why he led Ohio State with 10.5 sacks last season. Murphy, who has Clemson, Georgia and Auburn on top, could be special at the next level.

Farrell’s take: Murphy is a little more advanced as a pass rusher at the same level but Young was a little more athletic. This is a great comparison because Murphy could easily hit college and become a star at a young age. Young should be a first-rounder when he comes out and it wouldn’t surprise me if Murphy did the same down the line.

https://n.rivals.com/news/comparing-2020-defensive-ends-to-recent-college-stars

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comparing 2020 DE's to recent college stars (RIVALS)

May 13, 2019, 10:17 AM

IMO I feel like Bresee is going to be one of a kind. I really think he’s a lot more versatile than Bosa. Can’t wait to see what CBV does with Bresee and moving him around and different packages for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 2,131
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic