Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which recruit are people most excited about?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Which recruit are people most excited about?

Oct 25, 2016, 11:54 PM

I love how AJ Terrell is 6'2''..I really like tall cornerbacks especially ones ranked 11th overall!!!...I'm old school, I think defense wins championships and somebody like Terrell can shut down half the field and be disruptive on goal line fade routes/ jump ball situations

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which recruit are people most excited about?

Oct 25, 2016, 11:59 PM

Hunter J.....to win big u gotta have a big time trigger man

Oct 26, 2016, 12:15 AM

Ye, he's really on a short list of quarterback people are getting excited about. He's such a prototype. 6'3''over 200lbs and he's not just top ranked QB, but he's the 5th overall..that's why its so great to get Aj (11th ranked overall)

Strictly speaking from a recruiting perspective, You guys are going to be just as talented as BAMA sooner rather than later...also Michigan is going to start taking talent from Urban and Saban so talent won't seem so lopsided.

Is it me or.has his numbers been very, uh

Oct 26, 2016, 5:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Which recruit are people most excited about? ]

Substandard for a #1 QB? He's barely over 50% for the yr. I'm sure it's all based off potential. I think he's gonna need some time tho

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it me or.has his numbers been very, uh

Oct 26, 2016, 8:51 AM

I know what you mean, but that could be a bad o-line or any number of things. I bet his rating is more about potential and how he performs at the combines, because I've noticed that with a few other 4 and 5 star recruits

Likewise, the players with the best stats in high school rarely become the big stars in college. According to Maxpreps there's a senior QB from TX named Nick Gerber who's thrown for over 3600 yards, with a .648 completion % and 54 TDs...but he's unranked on rivals w/ zero stars

Tucker Israel had huge HS stats.

Oct 26, 2016, 1:54 PM

Not to say that Tucker won't eventually become a great college QB, but only to illustrate that HS stats alone are not a particularly good measure of future performance at the next level.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you, we will be down until that position is filled

Oct 26, 2016, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Which recruit are people most excited about? ]

And DW4 had some big shoes to fill

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zerrick Cooper can spin it man!! He's the next great QB

Oct 26, 2016, 1:59 PM

...then Hunter Johnson after RS year and a year behind Coop

Zerrick Cooper needs to be the real deal and Hunter Johnson

Oct 26, 2016, 1:59 PM [ in reply to I'm with you, we will be down until that position is filled ]

or Chase Brice needs to be good enough to pressure Cooper for the start each and every week.

Im not used to all these choices haha***

Oct 26, 2016, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2016, 12:14 AM

It's a toss up for me .
Offense : Cordarrian Richardson , the film on him is outrageous . He has the frame and leg strength to compete early and I believe he will .

Defense : Jordan Williams , has a great kick and already seems to use his hands well to get off of blocks . There is always a place on a defense for 6'5" defensive ends who combine both great speed and strength rushes .
This '17 class is going to be special across the board .

DB23

Oct 26, 2016, 12:20 AM

I agree, I was just telling the first person who responded to my posting how I think strictly from a recruiting perspective, Clemson is going to be just as strong as BAMA and Ohio State, especially because Michigan is going to start to take some of the 5 stars - so top talent will start to spread out more and more...i thinks it's better for the game.

But in the meantime you guys are seriously one of the best at recruiting so enjoy it!

DE definitely seems like a need.*****

Oct 26, 2016, 7:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Which recruit are people most excited about? ]

Tee Higgins. Next megastar at CU***

Oct 26, 2016, 6:51 AM

Re: Tee Higgins. Next megastar at CU***

Oct 26, 2016, 11:29 AM

I just interviewed Tee Higgins this morning...he's so family oriented i can see him being a great teammate and a perfect target for Hunter Johnson. Maxprep has him at 6'5'' 196...he's going to be a serious deep ball threat

Amari Rodgers looks great on film.*****

Oct 26, 2016, 7:21 AM

Commintted: DeHond 6'7" 325 lbs on the oline. Uncommitted:

Oct 26, 2016, 2:02 PM

Jeffry Okudah big time CB/S prospect out of Texas... expanding the brand and footprint!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic