Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comments section on TigerNet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 234

Comments section on TigerNet

Sep 20, 2013, 1:22 AM

*apologies if this has been posted/addresses already, I was unable to find any threads/posts regarding this subject*

First-off, I've been a long-time lurker and love this site to death. I haven't posted at all but I'd just like to make a suggestion about upgrading the comments section on all of the boards to make it a bit more user-friendly when browsing, as it's something that has been irking me. It just seems kind of clunky. I feel like I have to make more clicks than necessary and am constantly hitting the back button on my browser just to get back to the article to select a new comment.

I don't have any examples of comments sections right now that I can link, but will gladly get some together for some inspiration; I also invite any others who share my sentiments to post links to some that strike their eye. I guess now that I'm thinking of it, even something like a Facebook-type comments section, where you really don't have to click anything (other than up-voting/down-voting posts) and allowing you to easily scroll through the comments.

Something like this would help promote more conversation, keep track of things more easily (rather than having multiple "RE:" links to comments), and if there was a system to up-vote/down-vote it would go a long way with doing away with spam/trolls (even if they are t really prevalent on the site. Less work for admins!

Anyway, keep up the good work, TigerNet! Love you guys. Apologies for making my first post one of slight criticism, but hopefully somebody out there shares my opinion on the matter.

And as always, Go Tigers!

-Rick

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try emailing the mods***

Sep 20, 2013, 2:17 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Change the settings in your profile

Sep 20, 2013, 9:33 AM

Change the view to threaded and it is much easier to see which posts further down the message contain LBODs. No having to go back or scroll down to click on the next comment.

Not exactly what you are saying, but it helps.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Change the settings in your profile

Sep 20, 2013, 9:35 AM

My only problem with that is it is sometimes hard to tell who is responding to who...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 234
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic