Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comment from CFB Live yesterday concerning UGA Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,663

Comment from CFB Live yesterday concerning UGA Game

Oct 16, 2013, 11:24 AM

"If UGA doesn't botch that field goal, they would have won."

Um...no you can't say that with certainty. If they make that field goal, then we aren't played prevent D at the end of the 4th quarter.

Which means that UGA probably doesn't get that last touchdown. Our defense was dominating at that time, and I like to think we could've put a couple sacks on Murray if Venables turned our guys loose.

I'm also tired of hearing "UGA's o-line played bad that game, Murray played bad that game."

Um...how about giving Clemson's defense some credit? We are currently ranked #10 in scoring D in the nation if you haven't noticed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If its and buts were candy and nuts....

Oct 16, 2013, 11:26 AM

you know the rest :D

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I thought it was....

Oct 16, 2013, 11:31 AM

If Jesse Palmer had nuts she'd be someones uncle.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Weren't we up 10 with the ball late in the game?

Oct 16, 2013, 11:28 AM

We'd have won by 17 if we'd scored there.

What am I missing??

Hopefully, they'll ALL be forced to give us credit late Saturday night.

You are right.. but still.. keep winning and it won't matter.

Oct 16, 2013, 11:32 AM

Not only that, but we stopped them when they had first and goal and FORCED them to attempt a FG. We muffed a punt and turned it over. Why is the botched FG the only game changer? What about the dropped interception we had on the goal line that would have prevented one of their early touchdowns?

We were the better team, and we still are now. I don't know if we will beat FSU, but we are obviously a better team than UGA this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its their JOB to pump the SEC...Clemson has made espn look

Oct 16, 2013, 11:32 AM

foolish and they dont like it.

All of this "if" nonsense is ridiculous...

Oct 16, 2013, 11:36 AM

If Boyd had hit Sammy twice for wide open touchdowns in the NC State game, we might have won by 40.

If Clemson hadn't stalled often in the Syracuse game, we might have won by 60.

If Drew Brees had scrambled for that first down with 2 minutes left in the game against New England the other night, then The Saints would be undefeated.

This kind of talk always baffles me. It's like when people say "Oh, well if those teams played again 10 times, that team would win 9 of them." Great. Does it change what happened? No.

Grrrrrrrrr.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Who cares? They lost. Case closed.***

Oct 16, 2013, 11:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

BOOM....Period....End of discussion.***

Oct 16, 2013, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm confused.

Oct 16, 2013, 11:40 AM

"Murray is a heisman candidate." ESPiN

"Murray had a bad game." ESPiN

"Heisman candidate have bad games but still win." ESPiN

The previous statements by ESPiN are the classic definition of having one's head up one's ###. Therfor, we may conclude that ESPiN has it's head up it's ###!

Any comments, questions?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murray actually played really well

Oct 16, 2013, 11:40 AM

I don't know how anybody could say Murray had a bad game against Clemson. And the whole game changes if UGa has 3 more points, as you said.

If we really want to play the "what if" game, Clemson would've won by two scores if they hadn't gone into prevent mode on UGa's last drive. Clemson also would've scored at least one more TD if Bryant had been catching the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. As far as I'm concerned, we should've won

Oct 16, 2013, 11:46 AM

that game by 10, not "UGAy 'only' lost by 3..."

If Clemson LB doesn't drop interception against FSU in 1988

Oct 16, 2013, 11:59 AM

There is no "Puntrooskie".

If LSU had just run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down they probably get those 2 yards and there is no 4th and 16 magic.

I can play this game all day ESPN.

That is why you actually have to snap the ball and execute the play. To see if you can actually execute the play. There is no rule in college football that says "Well, they are inside the 10 yard line so let's just give them 3 points."

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic