Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
McDaniel leaning toward returning for his senior season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Dec 28, 2009, 10:33 AM

Clemson safety DeAndre McDaniel said after Sunday night's Music City Bowl that he has heard he would be a second round pick in this year's NFL draft, and if that is the case, he would be in Clemson next season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on McDaniel! Geez this would be awesome.***

Dec 28, 2009, 10:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McDaniel probably the best D player on either team last nigh***

Dec 28, 2009, 10:37 AM

Re: McDaniel leaning toward returning for his senior season

Dec 28, 2009, 10:40 AM

I hope he comes back, I really am a defensive fan, don't know much about it but watching him I see something a lot above average.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

one thing for sure, that degree can never be taken away

Dec 28, 2009, 10:50 AM

would love to have him back, but understand if he goes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The amount of $$$ he would get from going out

Dec 28, 2009, 10:59 AM

would surely pay for a years worth of college to get a degree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

how many guys come back when they leave early?

Dec 28, 2009, 11:01 AM

I don't know the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they don't have the mental makeup to come back

Dec 28, 2009, 11:03 AM

they probably aren't the type who would have actually used the degree anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you would have to use it to get job. College degree gets

Dec 28, 2009, 11:06 AM

you more money upfront.

That depends on the degree. B.A.'s for many majors are

Dec 28, 2009, 3:00 PM

practically worthless in the job market. Many times they are even a liability for jobs that don't require a degree. Philosophy, history, sociology etc. bachelor's are worthless by themselves.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I'm saying is, if you don't have the mental fortitude

Dec 29, 2009, 11:18 AM [ in reply to you would have to use it to get job. College degree gets ]

to go back to school and complete your final year worth of school(if he even has that much to complete) you're likely not going to succeed in a professional enviornment anyway so your degree is worthless anyway.

he's gotta do whats best for him

Dec 28, 2009, 2:57 PM [ in reply to The amount of $$$ he would get from going out ]

got to maximize earning potential and the NFL will pay more than a college degree will over the next 10 years.

Handle your biz Dmac, but either way please come back and complete your degree as soon as possible!!

Emanuel Cook disagrees with you-regular or unleaded sir?****

Dec 28, 2009, 3:21 PM [ in reply to The amount of $$$ he would get from going out ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That you Stockstill?***

Dec 28, 2009, 3:24 PM [ in reply to The amount of $$$ he would get from going out ]

null

Miller said he was coming back

Dec 28, 2009, 10:50 AM

He didn't. I'll worry about DM when its the deadline and we know for sure. Till then its all just talk anyway.

Hope he comes back but we'll see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fingers and toes crossed. I'd understand if he left...it'll

Dec 28, 2009, 11:08 AM

be hard matching the year he's had, at least statistically with the INTs, but I'd love to see him punishing with the Paw for one more year.

Same deal for DeMc as for CJ...

Dec 28, 2009, 11:23 AM

If he has the patience to wait for one more year, and if he can avoid career-ending injury, he stands to up his draft stock dramatically. Spiller was smart enough to make the wise choice; I hope McDaniel will as well.

Come Back!

Dec 28, 2009, 11:28 AM

Last night when watching the game, every time I heard or saw a hard hit, number 2 was always the instigator!

Surely...

Dec 28, 2009, 11:28 AM

Surely he doesn't think that with CJ going to the NFL that he is going to be first round?? DM was awesome last night and I hope he makes the wise decision to stay his senior year...especially if he wants to be first round...won't happen this year I'm sorry to say...Plus I would like for us to get one more year out of him:)

Question...how much improving of your draft stock does it

Dec 28, 2009, 11:30 AM

take to overcome the lost salary of one year in the pros? I actually have no idea, but is 1st round money so much different than 2nd round money, that it is more in the longrun to forego an extra year of salary?

I'm not familiar with how the numbers work for rounds and salary.

Why don't you ask Spiller that question in a few months?

Dec 28, 2009, 11:43 AM

I suspect that CJ will recoup more than he would have made last year in his signing bonus... and he'll have a much higher salary.

Typically 1st round signing bonuses are so much different

Dec 28, 2009, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Question...how much improving of your draft stock does it ]

than 2nd round it is worth it.

Remember NFL salaries are not guaranteed.
If you are drafted in the first round you are looking at a 500k MIN signing bonuses, probably more, and maybe quarter that for 2nd-3rd round.

If you dont make the team, get injured in your 1dt training camp etc, you are cut and the only money you keep is the signing bonus $$$

Being drafted in the first round is better than winning the

Dec 28, 2009, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Question...how much improving of your draft stock does it ]

lottery. It is an insurance policy against having a bunch of terrible things happen to you that may ruin your first season or career. Signing bonuses are gigantic and guaranteed.

If you're a player, the money is in your second contract

Dec 29, 2009, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Question...how much improving of your draft stock does it ]

not your first.

Rookie Salary cap next year....might want to weigh the cap

Dec 28, 2009, 12:59 PM

against the second round pay. I know most of you make over 500k a year so giving up a 2,3 4 5, 6 hundred thousand...is not that big of a deal....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Would the rookie salary cap be apart of the collective

Dec 28, 2009, 6:02 PM

Bargaining agreement between the players and owners? If so, isn't in question right now if an agreement will even be met by next year?

Dec 28, 2009, 3:45 PM

DeAndre pleezzzz come back!! We can be the best, and you would play a big part in that!!!

Dec 28, 2009, 11:27 PM

Berry didn't decide to come back for his Junior year, he had to no redshirt means you have to come back, can't leave until 3 years removed from high school... he's a true Junior this year.

Berry did not forego his sophmore year!

Dec 29, 2009, 11:14 AM

He was a true sophmore last year. He couldn't go pro in year two of his college career. He has to be three years remove from high school to be eligible for the draft. Bad example in using Eric Berry as a reason to return.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic