Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Columbia area Tigers who have eaten at Maurice's BBQ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Columbia area Tigers who have eaten at Maurice's BBQ

Jan 30, 2015, 1:38 PM

over the last couple weeks...

Keep an eye on your accounts.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Not sure why anyone would ever want to eat at Maurice's.....***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:40 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a coot outfit and doesn't like certain folks.***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention the worst excuse for BBQ I've ever put

Jan 30, 2015, 1:52 PM

in my mouth. I swear, go get you a BBQ Sandwich from Aunt M's, I promise it's better.

Now, it is mustard based. But I prefer Orangeburg's Dukes

Jan 30, 2015, 1:56 PM

over Piggy Park. Farm Boys is pretty good and True BBQ has a very good product.

I grew up in Allendale County and the Dukes in Allendale and Fairfax was packed every weekend. Gone now so Orangeburg or Bamberg is the place to grab a good plate of Dukes.

I go to Piggy Park when I can't get to OBurg and I need a fix. The Brisket is o'kay.

Love the new Smoking Pig BBQ when I go to Clemson. Used to have Quatlebaum's at the ESSO and it was o'kay.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for Duke's in Orangeburg. Wife's grandparents have a

Jan 30, 2015, 1:58 PM

farm down there. Needless to say, every time they take a trip, they know not to come home empty handed :)

Re: Now, it is mustard based. But I prefer Orangeburg's Dukes

Jan 30, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Now, it is mustard based. But I prefer Orangeburg's Dukes ]

Duke's is the best! Some relatives on my mom's side of the family are the owners. They cater our family reunion ever year.

Jan 30, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Now, it is mustard based. But I prefer Orangeburg's Dukes ]

They've got a Duke's on James Island and it consistently beats the hail out of Melvin's, Bessingers & Jim N Nicks as a fan favorite. I haven't had a chance to eat there, because, as Yogi Berra said "nobody goes there, it's too crowded" ;)

Jan 30, 2015, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Now, it is mustard based. But I prefer Orangeburg's Dukes ]

If you like Duke's, try Palmetto Pig by Todd & Moore

like Bailey's on Laurens rd in greenville. . got it.

Jan 30, 2015, 2:00 PM [ in reply to It's a coot outfit and doesn't like certain folks.*** ]

The lazy chicken on butler rd is also a gamecock establishment but they at least professional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Shealy's in Batesburg-Leesville is the best I've had in SC

Jan 30, 2015, 2:04 PM

best I've had here in the close proximity would be Pig Out in Spartanburg.

The best I had was home cooked in a pit in the ground.

Jan 30, 2015, 2:05 PM

Shealy's is o'kay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shealy's is gas cooked. Not the best. Nothing but a

Jan 30, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Shealy's in Batesburg-Leesville is the best I've had in SC ]

bunch of slob eating there.

I don't know I wear my orange in there and I have seen Tiger

Jan 30, 2015, 2:03 PM [ in reply to It's a coot outfit and doesn't like certain folks.*** ]

fans eating there. It's not like that eating place in 5 points that has an unprofessional manager who hates Clemson fans and discourages them from eating there.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

What place is that?***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:23 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is called Saluda's restaurant***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:45 PM

Re: I think it is called Saluda's restaurant***

Jan 30, 2015, 2:49 PM

Holy crap I remember something with the owner of that place being an ### on the rivals forums. Being an ### to the point where people found out who he as and started prank calling this place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yeah. I think you are right on that. Just stuff I have heard***

Jan 30, 2015, 3:00 PM

Re: I have been in there, on a Sat. night after a Clemson

Jan 30, 2015, 4:56 PM [ in reply to I don't know I wear my orange in there and I have seen Tiger ]

game, and there was a lot more orange than anything else. Someone is lying..

Re: Not sure why anyone would ever want to eat at Maurice's.....***

Jan 30, 2015, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Not sure why anyone would ever want to eat at Maurice's.....*** ]

Because they like to spend a lot of money on average BBQ I'm guessing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have eaten it for years. Not the best nor the worse.

Jan 30, 2015, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Not sure why anyone would ever want to eat at Maurice's.....*** ]

Maurice has to fight off the BS, every few years, like Tillman does.

I haven't eaten at Mo-racist's BBQ in a long time !***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:40 PM

Maurice is dead. His children are good people.***

Jan 30, 2015, 3:49 PM

Re: I see a lot of people of color eating there. They must

Jan 30, 2015, 5:00 PM [ in reply to I haven't eaten at Mo-racist's BBQ in a long time !*** ]

not be that racist or, else, they have the best BBQ. I would guess, the first, as their BBQ is certainly no the best nor the worst.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE SCUM OF THE EARTH

Jan 30, 2015, 1:49 PM

than a Racist Gamecock

Best Is The Standard

How about a racist, gamecock, nazi, malcontented, pervert?***

Jan 30, 2015, 1:54 PM

... at a tailgate near a fence?***

Jan 30, 2015, 3:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

thx for the heads-up! But have you tried?????!!!?,

Jan 30, 2015, 2:33 PM

Sorry for the hijack so please forgive me.,I've never really liked Maurice's bbq. I grew up loving Big Ts here in east Richland. But I visited The Southern Belly four weeks ago and man it was the bomb! If you enjoy pulled pork like I do, then go by there. All they serve is pulled pork sandwiches of various favors. It's a small joint but #### good!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just a fraud analyst.

Jan 30, 2015, 2:37 PM

I occasionaly post compromised locations in the SC area.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I'm just a fraud analyst.

Jan 30, 2015, 2:58 PM

As a fraud analyst, I would expect you to do more scok hunting

Re: Columbia area Tigers who have eaten at Maurice's BBQ

Jan 30, 2015, 2:49 PM

What do people recommend for BBQ in the Charleston area?

null

Jan 30, 2015, 2:57 PM

Dukes on James Island (beside the McDonald's on Folly Rd) has won City Paper's best BBQ thing every year it's been open, I think. I haven't ate there yet (it's always PACKED) but by all accounts, it's worth the hype.

His BBQ is terrible, worst BBQ in SC....

Jan 30, 2015, 2:50 PM

his BBQ gives a bad name for mustard base sauce. Absolute worst kind if mustard base sauce.

Re: His BBQ is terrible, worst BBQ in SC....

Jan 30, 2015, 3:27 PM

All you people who don't care for Maurice's ...good! That leaves even more for me and my family. Obviously
many others feels the same as there was no place to sit the other day....packed.
Yum, best in the state!!

Jan 30, 2015, 3:11 PM

The ONLY BBQ that I ever had to spit out of my mouth. The absolute worst BBQ in the Southeast. My wife and I ate there once - we had to leave and go to another restaurant to actually get something to eat.

BARF!!

Jan 30, 2015, 4:10 PM

If you find yourself in the Midlands around Holly Hill, Santee/ Eutawville on a Friday or Saturday, you must try Sweatman's BBQ outside of Eutawville. I grew up in the area and the BBQ is incredible.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic