Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College games are becoming longer than NFL games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,106

College games are becoming longer than NFL games

Aug 7, 2017, 8:07 AM

http://jacksonville.com/sports/florida-gators/florida-state-seminoles/2017-08-06/it-s-about-time-college-football-steadily

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want games to be shorter

Aug 7, 2017, 8:16 AM

Clemson only plays 15 games a year if they are lucky. I don't want a single second taken away from my football experience. If every game lasts a crazy 4hrs, that is a total of 60 hours of football viewing. A measly 0.68% of my total time in a year. I can definitely say that I'm willing to invest far more than 0.68% of my time to watching Clemson play.

I don't care if the commercials are long. It gives us more time to be with other fans and enjoy the game's atmosphere. It also gives us time to reload on drinks...

I've never left a Clemson game and said "that was good, but I wish it was an hour shorter". It's always the opposite... "man I wish I could watch them forever".

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I don't want games to be shorter

Aug 8, 2021, 6:16 PM

The only time I wouldn't mind a game being shorter is Clemson leading,
having the ball on the opposing teams 35 yard line,and taking a knee with one second to go.

Commercials aren't a part of the experience

Aug 7, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I don't want games to be shorter ]

Have you watched a CBS broadcast? It's laughable how many commercials they stick in there. It's distracting and obnoxious.

There have to be some commercials to pay the bills, but it gets frustrating when they are after every other set of downs. It bogs the game down.

You can be with other fans before or after the game if three hours isn't enough. We didn't always have commercials to contend with and did just fine that way. Tailgating, house party, whatever. It doesn't have to start or end with the game.

Five minute commercial breaks and long replays

Aug 7, 2017, 11:38 AM

to challenge calls are brutal when you are sitting on the sunny side of the field in early Sept. during a noon game or even at 3:30. I have left the upper deck wishing we had a 3 hour game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Five minute commercial breaks and long replays

Aug 7, 2017, 1:31 PM

Replays will get shorter as the process becomes better and technology improves. I'm not as concerned with that. The commercials are ridiculous, though.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have been livid 9/17/16.***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I don't want games to be shorter ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I don't want games to be shorter

Aug 7, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to I don't want games to be shorter ]

I only want more fb and have never left memorial stadium saying, #### that was just too much football. I have no desire for doing things to shorten the tiny amount of football I get each year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ loves lightning delays***

Aug 7, 2017, 1:55 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Hasn't it been that way for awhile. NFL games usually finish within their

Aug 7, 2017, 3:22 PM

3 hour time window. College games always go over.

Re: Hasn't it been that way for awhile. NFL games usually finish within their

Aug 7, 2017, 9:29 PM

Seems like it's a matter of time before college football modifies the rule to stop the clock on each first down.

If that were to happen, I would hope they could keep the current rule for the last 2 or 4 minutes of each half.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

starting to?

Aug 7, 2017, 8:12 PM

College games are always longer. Sometimes the CBS games take as long as 4.5 hours. NFL are usually 3 hours on the dot

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,106
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic