Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College football attendance down 3.2%, biggest drop since 83
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,632

College football attendance down 3.2%, biggest drop since 83

Feb 14, 2018, 11:56 AM

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/don-t-blame-clemson-or-gamecocks-but-college-football-attendance/article_f260aea0-10f9-11e8-8581-33c820d3f6e6.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orl? Is it really technology or the cost?

Feb 14, 2018, 12:37 PM

I think you'll find many people just cant justify the cost of watching football in the stadium vs watching it at home.

If it wasn't for my older son, I'd probably stop going myself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Orl? Is it really technology or the cost?

Feb 14, 2018, 12:41 PM

I usually go up to Easley when I visit my parents and we watch it on their 60" TV. Some people like the atmosphere but sometimes people can also be very aggravating drunk and packed together like a bunch of sardines.

I enjoy being in the stadI'm but it comes

Feb 14, 2018, 1:05 PM

At a hefty cost. I don't know how much longer I can justify the amount of cash on entertainment.

I spent more money watching clemson football in 1 yr than I did on my daughters 1st car.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Orl? Is it really technology or the cost?

Feb 14, 2018, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Orl? Is it really technology or the cost? ]

Not just the expense, but now you can actually get every single game on tv, as at the very least ESPN3 will have each game. It wasn't that long ago when this wasn't the case, and if you wanted to see Clemson vs. SC State, or even Clemson against a team like Wake at times, you'd have to go to the game.

Now due to the tv options, it's a choice between waking up at 6 am on a Saturday, facing the cost of travel, food, etc... even if you already have tickets, and then dealing with traffic, heat, and everything else just to watch Clemson destroy SC State(or some similar team) or you can sleep in, save money, and watch from your favorite chair, and then have the rest of your Saturday in front of you.

Re: College football attendance down 3.2%, biggest drop since 83

Feb 14, 2018, 12:47 PM

As much as I love to Tailgate and the Game atmosphere it is getting too expensive to do every game. Parking the the main problem. A cheap spot to park NEAR the stadium is $200 to $300 and higher. Time it’s said and done I can drop $700 a game for my family and that’s with upper deck. So I average 3 home games a year, others are watched on TV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 12:47 PM

As much as I love to Tailgate and the Game atmosphere it is getting too expensive to do every game. Parking the the main problem. A cheap spot to park NEAR the stadium is $200 to $300 and higher. Time it’s said and done I can drop $700 a game for my family and that’s with upper deck. So I average 3 home games a year, others are watched on TV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 12:49 PM

It’s ridiculously expensive.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most obvious

Feb 14, 2018, 1:21 PM

thing is that our home slate was rather boring... the headliner, FSU, had a terrible season.

NFL kneeling hangover***

Feb 14, 2018, 2:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Feb 14, 2018, 4:41 PM

Yes, the expense of attending Clemson games is expensive and getting more so. The main thing that irritates me the Motel/hotels in the area which double/triple their rates and require two night stays on a Clemson game weekend!

Feb 14, 2018, 5:33 PM

The brand of football being played in places like Columbia , SC have as much to do with it as anything.
Who wants to go watch ugly football from the stands ? Then , after seeing the shameful performances...you have to stumble across busted pallets and carnal coeds to get back to your dumpster-side tailgating spot .

Not me man .

DB23

expect it to drop even further with next year's slate***

Feb 14, 2018, 6:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,632
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic