Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Gameday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

College Gameday

Aug 18, 2013, 2:23 PM

Football season is upon us and Clemson University and the Tiger football team has been awarded College Gameday like we all thought--a perfect stage to show off our beautiful campus, beautiful people, passionate fans, and great football tradition. With that big stage on Clemson we must act accordingly. How many of you consider this to be one of the greatest college towns in America with some of the most passionate fans anywhere around? I know I do. I take great pride in all things Clemson and I hope you all do too. I love watching College Gameday on Saturdays and seeing all the signs and flags and great coverage ESPN brings to each school's campus and I can't wait to see that here in Clemson.

It is our job as fans to show the country how awesome Clemson is and how passionate we are about our football team. We do that by acting like the better fanbase. By that, I mean let's turn our focus on only Georgia for that day. If you are going to make signs or wave flags make them be about Clemson or something anti-Georgia (without being classless.) We don't need any "Bleep Spurrier," "Clowney can't read this," or other South Carolina-related signs out there. Do you remember in the past when the fans in Columbia spent more time booing than cheering and got called out by the ESPN hosts? Or last year when they were playing Georgia and based on the signs it looked like it was November and they were playing Clemson? Let's not be like that. Save that for the Lamecocks and their fans, let's make this the loudest and most rowdy College Gameday we can, one that we will all remember, but most of all, let's show the country what Clemson is all about and make these ESPN people want to come back more often. We all know how amazing Clemson's campus is and how great our fans are, let's go show everyone that. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said. Barker should send this out to

Aug 18, 2013, 2:25 PM

All the students and fans.

Re: Well said. Barker should send this out to

Aug 18, 2013, 2:26 PM

I hope so, if not the students (maybe myself included) should get the word out somehow, whether it be through Facebook or whatever else.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:35 PM

I disagree. No one should have to tell Clemson fans to be classy. It SHOULD come natural!

With that said ... there will be more signs about the Columbia mafia than anything else. Most of you just can't let it go. Not even for one fabulous Saturday. Sad.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:39 PM

I hope not. it will be just pure sour grapes. We don't need that stuff, we have been waiting for this game for months and all some people can focus on is those dirtpeckers in Columbia.

Aug 18, 2013, 2:42 PM

This is a real opportunity for Clemson to show the world. I hope a few haters don't 'frig'it up.

What the heck kind of signs are going to displayed....

Aug 18, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Well said. Barker should send this out to ]

"fear the thumb?" I believe concentrating on UGA will bring more goodwill than a game that is 12-13 weeks away. If everyone does what's expected, ESPN will be in Columbia in November for another important game.

Re: What the heck kind of signs are going to displayed....

Aug 18, 2013, 2:55 PM

So you think signs about South Carolina? A game that is almost 3 months away are fine then? It makes people look stupid.

we were all knucklehead students once

Aug 18, 2013, 2:46 PM

You are spot on sir. And I'm with ya. However, you can bet the peanut gallery will show up as well. I hope that they can keep classiness in mind and hopefully a few of the upper classmen will also share this belief.

Rest assure that some knucklehead will find the genius sign idea at 3am on Friday night after their 20th jager shot. I'm not for sensoring folks but I would ask that they be reasonable and rational. Is you're advertisement in the university's best interest. That's what I'll be asking folk.

I hope that the game

Aug 18, 2013, 2:50 PM

at the end of the year is meaningless to espn. A matchup between an undefeated Tiger team and a two win gamecock club would be o.k. by me.

Remember 2006?

Aug 18, 2013, 3:31 PM

We did a fine job representing our university and will do it again in less than 2 weeks.

And as for signs making fun of Scar... It's our rival we hate them, they hate us.

No doubt this will be the best Gameday experience for the ESPN crew.

Go Tigers! Beat the Dawgs!

this is the most logical post i have seen on this subject.

Aug 18, 2013, 3:48 PM

we all know that usuc fans, with usuc having played on thursday night, will be at the clemson gameday festivities with some d.a. signs, trying to make us look bad. yes, they are that desperate. just think about it,with all that usuc has accomplished in the last few years, they look out the window and see- yes, CLEMSON. man, we probably can't fathom the hatred that usuc fans/alumni/sec faithful,etc. must have for us! it's like the better they get, for the one time in their lowly existence, we are right there, yes, maybe a couple spots behind in the polls, but then, when we are top 10, they are 99.99% of the time, nowhere in the picture. they do good in this, and we, inevitably, do good in that- we are in their picture, and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it! ###, i am glad i am a clemson man!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm okay with it if the sign mentions something about their

Aug 18, 2013, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Remember 2006? ]

loss to the Heels.

"Clowney can't read this"

Aug 18, 2013, 5:25 PM

That's funny. But in all seriousness, the man/woman makes a good point. But I tell you this, if any of those mullet wearing, trailer park trash, meth head dirtpeckers show up to sabotage OUR GAMEDAY, somebody better take care of business and take out the trash!!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic