Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole had better improve on these stats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Cole had better improve on these stats

Oct 13, 2014, 10:46 PM

or Clemson is in big trouble.

Chad better find those plays that Cole can make and stop doing a lot of things that make him think or takes a while to get off.

look at these stats from another poster on another site.

If you take away the SC State game, we have now gone 27 consecutive drives without a TD when Cole Stout is in the game at QB. That is a stretch of possessions that goes all the way back to the first half against Georgia when CJ Davidson scored on a run to put us up 21-14 and includes multiple possessions each game against Georgia, FSU, UNC, NCSU and Louisville.

Edited note - since I originally posted this some have questioned whether this includes kneel downs, etc at end of games. The answer is no. I did not include the 1 play drive to end the Louisville game and did not include the final drive against UNC. All 27 drives were legit situations where we ran our full offense in game situations. The full stat line on Cole, not counting end of game possessions, is 32 drives at QB and he has led us on 2 TD drives. Both TDs were in first half against Georgia. We have scored 1 TD in his last 31 full drives. Here's to hoping we end this streak of no TDs against BC on the first drive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope Lakip Stays HOT***

Oct 13, 2014, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is depressing

Oct 13, 2014, 10:52 PM

But eye-opening...

Thanks GtoG.

Re: That is depressing

Oct 13, 2014, 10:58 PM

who would replace Stout if he gets hurt? I don't see Cole lasting through an entire game if Chad has him running the ball a lot.

Cole is no Boyd and can't take that type of punishment. I know Chad likes to run the QB but he has to know they can't afford to lose Cole and use the RBs instead.

Do you think the kid that transfer in from Stanford might be the better option if Cole gets hurt or just can't run the offense since he does have some major college experience.

Re: That is depressing

Oct 13, 2014, 11:07 PM

Not even sure the Stanford kid got much PT (if any)?

It's a crap shoot for sure - I think Chad has to lay off the QB runs for a few games.

Let's see the other 30% of that playbook coach!

I'm all for qb runs

Oct 13, 2014, 11:25 PM

if Woody Dantzler's back there, but not Stoudt.

But according to york tiger, Cole has played great***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to That is depressing ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People love to mention the QBR of Watson

Oct 13, 2014, 10:57 PM

Watson's #2 in the country with 88.2.

On the other end of the spectrum is Stoudt at 36.5, good for 109th out of 129 eligible QBs. In a very QB-friendly system, that's not very good. If Stoudt's truly injured I think we need to see what Schuessler can do. Stoudt obviously deserves every chance to succeed, but at some point we need more production from the QB position.

I believe that's why Morris started mentioning him early...***

Oct 13, 2014, 10:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People love to mention the QBR of Watson

Oct 13, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to People love to mention the QBR of Watson ]

or should they go with the more experienced QB who transferred in from Stanford.

he has at least played in some major college games.

Olson only played in one game in his career at Stanford...

Oct 13, 2014, 11:32 PM

He wasn't their 2nd-string guy either. He only played in a 55-17 win against Washington State last season for Stanford. I don't think he's ever even attempted a pass.

You're right if the offense keeps on being anemic under...

Oct 13, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to People love to mention the QBR of Watson ]

Stoudt, we will have to at least give Schuessler a try. 3 and outs, and settling for FG's with good field position isn't going to work against BC, since BC always plays us tough. But, I will be pulling for Stoudt. He just hasn't shown anything this season to have any confidence in him.

Re: Cole had better improve on these stats

Oct 13, 2014, 10:58 PM

The screen game will work between the 20's. The redzone will tell the tale. So far he is completing 27% in that area.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:01 PM

27%

you boys keep making me more nervous with all these low numbers

Re: Maybe, if the defense continues to play good and the fg

Oct 13, 2014, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole had better improve on these stats ]

kicker continues to hit, we will have a chance.

Re: Maybe, if the defense continues to play good and the fg

Oct 13, 2014, 11:17 PM

Not worried about Syracuse, Wake or GT. BC scares me though.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:18 PM

He didn't play well in the second half of the UGA game and our field position didn't help.

The FSU game he had one drive and drove us to inside the 10 and made a poor pass on 3rd that cost us a TD.

The UNC and Nc State game I don't think that's fair because it was limuted work and preparation.

U of L I think he came on late in the game and played well considering he didn't practice.

Good news he's faced the three best defensive teams he'll see all season.

Oct 13, 2014, 11:27 PM

It's hard for me to buy the "drove us down the field" line when the throws that get us down the field are passes to the sideline that pretty much any QB could make.

Those were wide open screen passes***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:29 PM

Re: Those were wide open screen passes***

Oct 13, 2014, 11:31 PM

That's what I'm saying.

Re After 5 or 6 near picks, Saturday, I did not want him

Oct 14, 2014, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Cole had better improve on these stats ]

throwing anything else. I hope he is healthier this week. He won't be facing as good a secondary as Louisville had.

Cole had 3 drives against FSU

Oct 13, 2014, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole had better improve on these stats ]

We had two 3-and-outs, and then the other drive Artavis Scott took a screen pass 32 yards to put us in field-goal range. Stoudt had one decent run in the FSU game, but that was about it.

Re: Cole had 3 drives against FSU

Oct 13, 2014, 11:59 PM

didn't he also miss an easy TD to the TE by throwing the ball 3 yards short of the TE at the goal line, then they missed the FG

No doubt. Cole's vertical passing game has been bad;

Oct 13, 2014, 11:20 PM

combine that with a weak O-line and no stud RB, and it all adds up to poor offensive production.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Cole's limited physical skills notwithstanding

Oct 14, 2014, 1:29 AM

He should be playing better.
I curse him for the stupid plays, like at the end of the half, and pick into cvg when the TE in the flat is wide open.
He did well early against Uga, but he's been very disappointing since.

Also, calling runs for him in short yardage just needs to stop. How about Choice running the option from the wildcat?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2014, 10:28 AM

Sorry, but the inadequate play calling the 2nd half was the problem at GA. CM kept calling passes behind the line of scrimmage resulting in 3 downs & punt the rest of the day. GA defense saw it coming every play. CM never adjusted & ever called a pass across the middle, 5-10 down & outs or any slants inside or outside. Did not use the ends or run a back out of the backfield for a pass. I certainly don't remember any. CM never made an adjustment.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic