Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again

Mar 26, 2018, 8:13 PM

Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again

Spring break has ended and spring practice is back in session. The Clemson football team returned to practice for the first time in 12 days Monday, and we have plenty of news and notes to pass along. I’ll start with co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott, who had the statement of the night when he was asked about the progression of freshman quarterback Trevor Lawrence. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again

Mar 26, 2018, 8:29 PM

Um, mistake in there.... Highly doubt Jeff Scott was asked about Linebackers, then raved about a TE.

Tasty Hood nuggets and tidbits.***

Mar 26, 2018, 8:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tee

Mar 26, 2018, 8:34 PM

what? Dookies suck ###

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tee

Mar 26, 2018, 9:26 PM

That's a freshman comment if I've ever heard one. Tee will change his tune. I can't imagine attending any college and pulling for another team in the conference. I really can't get my head around his thought process.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really not that hard to understand...

Mar 27, 2018, 9:12 AM

He was a Duke basketball fan before he came to Clemson. Playing football at Clemson is not going to override his childhood admiration of Coach K and the Duke basketball program.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's really not that hard to understand...

Mar 27, 2018, 12:35 PM

Duke may be his favorite basketball team, but when another school is paying for your education, there are some things you just don't say to the media.

Re: It's really not that hard to understand...

Mar 27, 2018, 2:50 PM

So just because he's a Clemson athlete we shouldn't allow him to publicly enjoy what he has his whole life? I don't believe infringing on athletes first amendment is good publicity.

Mar 27, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Tee ]

How about this, Higgins isn't all in Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 3:49 PM

How about you shut up?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2018, 10:43 AM

How about shut me up FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW

Mar 26, 2018, 8:43 PM

He will likely, talent-wise at least, be WHOLLY deserving of QB1 in fall. Now Is that reality? I dunno, but echoes of Cole Stoudt linger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe TL starts a few games in. Why does he need....

Mar 26, 2018, 9:37 PM

start game 1? They can ease him in.

Re: While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW

Mar 27, 2018, 6:38 AM [ in reply to While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW ]

He will likely, talent-wise at least, be WHOLLY deserving of QB1 in fall. Now Is that reality? I dunno, but echoes of Cole Stoudt linger

This post echos a moron. That is all

Cole didn't win the ACC and lead us to the CFB Playoff...

Mar 27, 2018, 9:16 AM [ in reply to While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW ]

No offense to Cole.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW

Mar 27, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to While trusting of the staff, if TL is already at ANY YEAR DW ]

TL best QB by far.

Mar 26, 2018, 8:52 PM

Two things ... and not about his amazing hair .

1. High praise saying that he is on the same level as the best QB that has ever played at Clemson University ( that is not up for debate ) form a coach who coached them both .

2. With what we have heard thus far , Kelly Bryant is still our starter and Hunter is still our #2 ... until further notice is given .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 27, 2018, 2:16 PM

Scary.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:28 PM

If TL is anywhere close to as good as DW. Then Kelly Bryant has no business starting and it would just prove Dabo has a loyalty problem.

He meant DW as a true freshmen. KB is better.***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots are not very good at reading comprehension***

Mar 27, 2018, 12:51 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless KB has improved massively, I'd take true freshman DW.

Mar 27, 2018, 2:26 AM [ in reply to He meant DW as a true freshmen. KB is better.*** ]

If KB starts through the end of the year, 2018 will be a "what could have been" season.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he means that TL is as good as DW was ...

Mar 26, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

as an early enrollee during the Spring semester before his freshman season and before ever playing a game. .

Mar 26, 2018, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

Dabo has already proved he has a loyalty problem....

This won’t change anything. Anyone who thinks KB won’t be the starting our first game is naive.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I agree about KB starting the first game.

Mar 27, 2018, 12:01 AM

Why would that matter though? That's not a loyalty issue. It's part of the process and game 1 is a winner no matter who starts. As long as TL gets a bunch of snaps too.

Mar 26, 2018, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

Jessy89 said:

If TL is anywhere close to as good as DW. Then Kelly Bryant has no business starting and it would just prove Dabo has a loyalty problem.

Still good enough to beat your chickens...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

Jessy89 said:

Prove? Dabo has always been loyal. Its proven. I would consider it a blessing more than a problem. Prob why so many guys love playing for him. But I do feel his loyalty gets in the way of logical decisions from times to time.

Mar 27, 2018, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

What about loyalty to the team and the school?? Play the best d##n players!! This isn't grammar school.

NUGGETS!!! DIG IN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Mar 26, 2018, 9:31 PM

Thanks for the Nuggets! They were yummy! GO TIGERS!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: NUGGETS!!! DIG IN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Mar 26, 2018, 11:46 PM

Re: NUGGETS!!! DIG IN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Mar 27, 2018, 12:00 AM

Dabo can’t throw KB under the bus for the freshman. Way too early! But TL will continue to improve and impress and his time will come sooner rather than later. Just got too much talent to waste.

Mar 27, 2018, 1:29 AM

You idiots that come on here and talk about loyalty from Dabo to his upperclassmen have nothing to base it on. The Stoudt situation has been proven I don't know how many times that it has to be said that it had nothing to do with loyalty but the fact Watson got injured when he got to Clemson setting him back and you know what I am ot doing it again. If Dabo has a loyalty system then why did Wilkins start as a freshmen? Why did Dexter start as a freshmen? I could go on but instead why don't you Dabo has loyalties people give me an example of Dabo being loyal other than Stoudt.

Mar 27, 2018, 10:41 AM

I got it, you're looking for or wanting a list to prove other wise!!!

Mar 27, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Insider: Trevor Lawrence impressive, Huegel kicking again ]

Loyalty!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oooooooh. Don't use dirty words here. ;)

Mar 27, 2018, 1:30 AM

In the event TL takes over for KB is there any chance KB could switch to DB? Just joking folks but i am concerned about depth in the secondary!

Mar 27, 2018, 2:23 PM

Actually that would benefit both KB and the team. Kelly will never play a minute at the next level as a QB. As a defensive back, vey likely.

Loyalty — Problem....what gives?

Mar 27, 2018, 8:58 AM

I’m still amazed at people who conflate these two words together AS IF loyalty is a bad thing.
LOYALTY is “I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise”....

...who would ever want to play for someone who didn’t feel this way?!

If or when it is proven that due to some change in the situation or circumstances of a player or team needs...THEN Dabo will make the necessary adjustment and not before.

I don’t have any problem with that and, in fact, see it as a stable and positive way to run a consistently successful football program.

WHAT’S THE !@%##¥* COMPLAINT?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loyalty — Problem....what gives?

Mar 27, 2018, 10:47 AM

The only thing I can say is this, we got our A$S handed to us against a team we beat the year before with the biggest difference being the QB position!!!

Mar 27, 2018, 11:07 AM

First, by playing an injured QB, then by sticking with the wrong back-up. Not much to do with loyalty, and more to do with panic. No confidence in back-ups forced us to go with an injured QB.

Mar 27, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Loyalty — Problem....what gives? ]

KB is not a great drop back passer. We lost to Bama because our line could not block their D Line. Look at the tape. Our right tackle missed blocks all night long. Our backs could not pass protect. Hard for KB to throw under those conditions. Maybe our coaches should have called for some roll out passes to give KB more time.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2018, 12:06 PM

I keep hearing the same thing being said but, DW4 avoided the rush and completed passes all over the field and kept the game close enough to win the game at the end!!! I believe that it's more about the confidence in what the QB knows he can do, and not what he thinks he can do!!!

Mar 27, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Loyalty — Problem....what gives? ]

It doesn't help that KB couldn't move the ball 10 yards and was constantly putting up 3 and outs causing us to face a fresh defense every set of downs. Hint, we beat Bama because DW4 left their defense on the field most of the game, chipping away and when they got tired at the end is when we took over and started our come back. That's the bigger difference, statistically this was one of the best offensive line Clemson has ever had and some of the worst QB play we've had in a while..

Mar 27, 2018, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Loyalty — Problem....what gives? ]

Or put Christian and Dexter on the o-line that night.

Mar 27, 2018, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Loyalty — Problem....what gives? ]

Maybe the biggest difference was at qb, but don't forget, Gallman wasn't blocking, Leggett wasn't blocking, Williams wasn't there to make ridiculous catches and the supposedly stout offensive line wasn't blocking. I think DW4 would have had a tough time against 'Bama this past year with the same lack of support.

Mar 27, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Loyalty — Problem....what gives? ]

I think the point is that team choices should be based on performance and ability, not some misguided sense of "loyalty" that is very disloyal to the team as a whole.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic