Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cole Stoudt...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Cole Stoudt...

Jan 10, 2014, 2:01 PM

...has BIG shoes to fill, but I think he has the chops to do some great things. He KNOWS the system, his accuracy is stellar, and he has REAL talent chasing him from behind on the bench. I think he gets it done in a BIG way!

These are the facts, and they are not in dispute.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm excited about Cole. We'll need a game manager type

Jan 10, 2014, 2:02 PM

With the improved running attack and TEs, we really just need someone to come in and make good decisions.

Re: I'm excited about Cole. We'll need a game manager type

Jan 10, 2014, 2:03 PM

He can run as well, so there's that. I remember a game this season when he came in for mop-up duties, one of the announcers said he wasn't effective running the ball, so Cole promptly ripped off a long run for a TD.

Yeah, that was pretty funny***

Jan 10, 2014, 2:12 PM

Re: Cole Stoudt...is the QB to beat

Jan 10, 2014, 2:04 PM

agreed...and he's not as slow as alot think.
he made plenty of plays with his feet & ran well for TDs & moving the chains when needed.

his knowledge of the system & experience he's had should be the main factor.

Jan 10, 2014, 2:05 PM

He may be a sleeper for Heisman. He is solid passer, decent legs, and he knows and operates within a high octane system.

accurate passer, puts touch on the ball when needed and

Jan 10, 2014, 2:08 PM

leads receivers well----he will do a wonderful job!

Jan 10, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt...is the QB to beat ]

He reminds me of the Dalton kid from TCU (at the Bengals now?). Not a "Shaw" type runner, but enough to move the chains and pick up yards with his feet when needed.

He killed us the year we played them in the valley.

What I noticed this year is when he came into the game the

Jan 10, 2014, 2:07 PM

offensive tempo picked up noticeably

I agree, I like Cole a lot. I think too many people are

Jan 10, 2014, 2:17 PM

already handing the starting job to Swag Kelly or Deshawn.

From what I've seen, Cole is leaps and bounds better than Kelly at this point. Kelly has a lot of improving to do over the spring and in the fall to catch Cole.

But, if Cole wins the job, its highly likely that Chad transfers out and cole is only around for one year. That means next year Deshawn will be our only QB. I'm kind of thinking that Dabo gives the job to Kelly, whether he wins it or not, just to keep him around for a couple more years. That way we have Kelly and Deshawn for the forseeable future.

that thought has crossed my mind but I sometimes don't let

Jan 10, 2014, 2:19 PM

everything that crosses my mind come out...lol

Re: that thought has crossed my mind but I sometimes don't let

Jan 10, 2014, 3:39 PM

> everything that crosses my mind come out...lol

How long you been married?

No way it happens like that for those reasons. There is

Jan 10, 2014, 2:20 PM [ in reply to I agree, I like Cole a lot. I think too many people are ]

absolutely no way that Dabo would play Chad if Cole was the best QB just to keep Chad on the roster. You do that and it could be the difference in a couple games...then Chad goes down next spring for a career ending injury and you are in the same situation (no Chad) and with fewer wins the year before...you play to win the game today - not tomorrow.

I agree with you, you play to win the games and the best

Jan 10, 2014, 2:48 PM

player should start. But Chad has already been really upset about being a backup and redshirting for the last two years. He's already hinted publicly that if he doesnt start he's gone. Dabo has made deals like this in the past pertaining to Kyle Parker.

Who would have beaten out Parker?

Jan 10, 2014, 3:04 PM

It is possible that later in the season, Tajh may have been able to beat him out. But there is absolutely no evidence of this - and he did come in during the SC game late and didn't improve on where Parker had left us...

I expect him to be a lot like Whitehurst...

Jan 10, 2014, 2:20 PM

NFL dad. Well prepared. Good decision maker. Fewer turnovers.

Win or lose I just hope if its him in there he's smart

Jan 10, 2014, 2:32 PM

No rolling the wrong way on the play, or running into blocked defensive linemen, and no jump passes. Tajh was a great talent, good on his feet but not great, and could make any throw on the field 90% of the time. But the other 10% I don't know what would get in his head but he would make some crazy mistakes. Next year whoever is in there needs to be smart and run what they are asked and we will be fine.

I still don't think he'll win the job.***

Jan 10, 2014, 2:34 PM

Re: I still don't think he'll win the job.***

Jan 10, 2014, 2:48 PM

i addressed the C.Kelly leaving scenario after he was irritated & apparently showed his butt to the coaches after the Citadel game...but they talked it over & "got his head right" so they say.
after now listening to Dabo's interview with WCCP's Roy Philpot...i thaink there's a very distinct & strong possibillity that we will see alot of BOTH QBs. Stoudt being the experienced 'brains' & Kelly the 'brawn' since he seems to be a more gifted runner.
that's exciting to think about! :)
even though i kinda have my reserves about a 2-headed monster...it seems to work for lots of teams, sometimes (or at least they get plenty-o-media-hype).

using the 2 (or 3) situationally would make them hard to defend if they can build the chemistry enough. they're all very skilled passers though & if the QB does his job throwing the ball consistently to the right spot, it'll make it that much easier for Clemson's freak-show star WRs on-the-way.

we're good

Re: I still don't think he'll win the job.***

Jan 10, 2014, 2:51 PM

we could use some o-line improvement please, but i think that happens for next season.

Re: I don't either.***

Jan 10, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to I still don't think he'll win the job.*** ]

Re: Cole Stoudt...

Jan 10, 2014, 2:36 PM

Even if he never starts at Clemson. IMHO he will play on Sunday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Matt Cassel did it

Jan 10, 2014, 2:44 PM

Stoudt can probably do it too. NFL teams love game-managing backups and being a backup QB is just 1 injury away from starting.

I think Stoudt undoubtedly is not as good of an athlete

Jan 10, 2014, 3:01 PM

as Boyd but I get the sense he will be more deliberate than Tajh.

I don't see him trying to lob the ball into the endzone for an INT when the first down marker is staring you in the face...

I think he'll definitely be a step down but he'll be solid.

I also think he's heads and shoulders above the Chad from what I've seen this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cole

Jan 10, 2014, 3:12 PM

I'm sorry to all the cole stoudt lovers the kid is good but not as talented as kelly or watson. Let's not forget about kelly was pretty much Boyds back up prior to the spring game injury. Stoudt has good numbers but his stats were against very low level talent or 3rd string compo. I'm a believer kelly could put up similar numbers against that same level of compo. I'm pull hard for cole if he does win the job but I'm not seeing it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic