Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cold hard fact: Tigers are a "1 win team" this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Cold hard fact: Tigers are a "1 win team" this year

Dec 1, 2013, 5:45 PM

Beating UGA in the opener was our one & only legitimate win in the eyes of most CFB reporters & experts. Obviously, we performed like we all expected in the other 9 games and won them. HOWEVER, in the 2 games that would have give us national legitimate respect, FSU & SCU, we self-destructed. I personally feel Boyd crumbled under the pressure & tried to do too much on his own. True, the OL was pathetic in it's protection, but coaching & schemes led to no improvement over the season. Hot Rod had a great game last night, but SOMEBODY took the ball out of his hands...that is a question I would love to have answered.

I have repeatedly expressed my appreciation for Boyd & his accomplishments & records, but stats against inferior teams will always be tainted IMO---it's what you do in the 'underdog' games that is the true mark of a leader.

GOOD LUCK TO THE TIGERS IN BOWL SEASON...whether it be the Orange Bowl or the Prune Bowl, I'll be with you (frustrated or not) all the way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"coaching & schemes led to no improvement over the season"

Dec 1, 2013, 5:46 PM

Are you just talking about the O?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES...I thought the "D" made big strides for the most part

Dec 1, 2013, 7:57 PM

Still some individuals that need more seasoning & film sessions, but 'big play passes' & mental breakdowns were reduced alot. Over pursuit on blitzes left us weak up the middle for some big gains by several QB's, which need addressing. The front 4 'hawgs were impressive an overwhelming amount of the year. Grady Jarrett is my MVP.

So.... If we're a one win team... How is a zero win FSU in

Dec 1, 2013, 5:47 PM

the MNCG... after all, their win against us can't count, right?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Well played, sir!***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

zero losses > 2 losses if you'd like to play the attrition

Dec 1, 2013, 5:54 PM [ in reply to So.... If we're a one win team... How is a zero win FSU in ]

game and for anyone that thinks an undefeated acc champion can't make the natty title game over a 1 loss sec, well, they were wrong in 2013.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you talking about.... I just think it's funny the

Dec 1, 2013, 5:56 PM

OP calls us a one win team. By that logic, FSU has zero wins

Not a pro or anti Clemson coaches post

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

they have zero losses which means they're playing for the

Dec 1, 2013, 6:00 PM

title even if they're schedule is considered soft.

how do i need to make it clearer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see.... You taking me as seriously questioning FSU...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:01 PM

which I'm not at all...

I's confuse

not taking you seriously in the least, why would i?***

Dec 1, 2013, 6:04 PM

O'kay so FSU and USuC are our targets. I assume FSU would

Dec 1, 2013, 6:16 PM

be the harder one to surpass because of their recruiting. Both stand in our way to success. Also, are there any other challengers behind us who are gaining on us? We need to be aware of that.

Knowing this is one thing. Finding a plan to put your program on par or equal with these 2 is the question. I think we have an easier shot against USuC if we continue to recruit at the level we are at now. But you can't back down from FSU. Even if we get slapped in the face a couple of times you have to keep challenging your team/program to compete against them. Knowing your enemies should make it easier to shoot toward besting them. We knew USuC was going to be hard but FSU surprised us.

Dabo and his coaches have a lot of work to do.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! That's a good point.

Dec 1, 2013, 5:58 PM [ in reply to So.... If we're a one win team... How is a zero win FSU in ]

We are as near a quality win as they got this year I suppose. Did they play anyone else worth half a shyatt OOC this season? Probably not.

Difference is, they won all their games... and they beat the s#it out of everyone they played. BC scored some points on them. I think that's about it.

If the 'noles aren't legit, it will be bitter medicine for them to swallow in the national championship game. I suspect they are up to the task. They look pretty tough to me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go slow with him, clemson is their resume, but we lessoned

Dec 1, 2013, 6:08 PM

it last nite.

they didn't lose & are among the last standing when all the shooting was over.

i'm just glad it appears the sec string will come to an end unless michigan state breaks up this little shindig.

Re: Cold hard fact: Tigers are a "1 win team" this year

Dec 1, 2013, 5:49 PM

Our OC and DC are totally in over their heads and clueless!

BV is clearly in over his head

Dec 1, 2013, 5:51 PM

wut?

It's simple. The best coaches are

Dec 1, 2013, 5:58 PM

in here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

At least we aren't losing to Wake and Merryland anymore.***

Dec 1, 2013, 5:57 PM

Yep...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:03 PM

And apparently that's where we're hanging our hat. We're dialing in the "10 wins in the ACC" and ripping the knob off.

Along with some wishful thinking that we will beat FSU and or the coots again someday. But really who gives a s#it about that as long as we get ten wins, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:04 PM

But Bowden could never get through a season without losing to a lesser ACC squad.

We are 0-2 against top 25 teams this year. UGA wasn't great at any point this year***

the team clemson beat is the same team that punked scar.

Dec 1, 2013, 6:02 PM

they were a great team decimated by injuries.

UGA wasn't great at any point this year?--need

Dec 1, 2013, 6:05 PM [ in reply to We are 0-2 against top 25 teams this year. UGA wasn't great at any point this year*** ]

clarification on this one.

he's your bizzaro world twin...

Dec 1, 2013, 6:09 PM

:)

i don't know what he's talking about either. the georgia win was a great vic.

Definition of Delusional

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Delusional

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

I guess FSU and Ohio st are too huh?

Dec 1, 2013, 8:05 PM

Bama only has one win also(LSU). Good Lord some of you morons are way gone. Do you realize how stupid you are?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic