Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coin Toss Impact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,093

Coin Toss Impact

Jan 2, 2018, 3:41 PM

Has anyone thought about how big Alabama winning the toss was in this game ? Elite defenses and games with two of them in them become field position games. Both teams are somewhat average per their offences. So IF Clemson has won the toss and deferred as they would have done imagine how the game could have been different. Three and out by Alabama and Tigers control the field position ! Something to think about !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

this will probably haunt me the rest of the night***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did wonder why they got to call it.

Jan 2, 2018, 3:55 PM

Officiating blunder number 1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: I did wonder why they got to call it.

Jan 2, 2018, 3:55 PM

Visiting normally calls the toss, right? Since they were the lower seed they were the de facto visitors.

Because they were the visiting team?***

Jan 2, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to I did wonder why they got to call it. ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

they were the "visitors"

Jan 2, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I did wonder why they got to call it. ]

I do think if we had won it it definitely could have made a difference early. They couldn't sustain long drives on us. We had things flipped on them at the beginning of the 2nd and were about 35 yds from possibly taking the lead until the int so we had our shot to do the same in the 2nd

Elephant in the room*****

Jan 2, 2018, 3:56 PM

Re: Coin Toss Impact

Jan 2, 2018, 3:57 PM

I thought about that but I doubt it. They looked like they were all playing in a different gear last night compared to Clemson. They were better prepared and their players looked like they had a bottle of NOS injected in them.

Re: Coin Toss Impact

Jan 2, 2018, 4:02 PM

I told myself the same thing, it was the beginning of the field position game we could hardly recover from til the 2nd half. Granted Never taking a touchback and Cain dropping the open first down catch played into not getting field position back, it was def big. Had we won the toss, we could've been in position to control the field position from the start, but not sure we would've been able to hold it long with how bad the offense looked early.

If Cain catches the first down we get some rhythm and

Jan 2, 2018, 4:07 PM

flip the field at the very least. Huge drop.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,093
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic