Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question to all coots, who lurke here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Question to all coots, who lurke here

Nov 1, 2012, 9:31 PM

If the rest of the nation is bashing Spurrier and saying he was a jerk for what he did and you're the only ones defending him, does that not tell you something?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not defending him.

Nov 1, 2012, 9:39 PM

Look, everyone knows how classless he has always been. We didn't hire him to be nice. We hired him to win. So far, so good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not defending him.***

Nov 1, 2012, 9:42 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

At least we have that "in writing" from a coot

Nov 1, 2012, 9:47 PM

To win with class or without......."I'll take it any way I can get it". That's why my parents would not even let me apply to USuCk. It is the mentality in Columbia. Do whatever it take at any cost.

Re: I'm not defending him.

Nov 1, 2012, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I'm not defending him. ]

So far so good? How long has he been there? 8 years? What has he won? He said he came there to win a championship. I haven't seen one. Or maybe just the 3 in a row is what makes y'all happy?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, did you not see these??

Nov 1, 2012, 9:54 PM

Re: Dude, did you not see these??

Nov 1, 2012, 10:03 PM

Lol. You owe me a new ipad. This one may not work with Dr. pepper all over it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha that's too funny!

Nov 1, 2012, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Dude, did you not see these?? ]

Nm

Ya'll are satisfied with never winning conference?***

Nov 1, 2012, 10:02 PM [ in reply to I'm not defending him. ]

If Bama or LSU was doing what you call winning, would they be happy?

Re: As the late Conway would say " I can see that you have

Nov 1, 2012, 10:25 PM

never been this far before."

Re: I'm not defending him.

Nov 2, 2012, 7:08 AM [ in reply to I'm not defending him. ]

Bingo!

Winner, yes. Royal Delta Bravo absolutely.***

Nov 2, 2012, 7:13 AM [ in reply to I'm not defending him. ]

So far so good? How many championships do you have?

Nov 2, 2012, 8:27 AM [ in reply to I'm not defending him. ]

Fake @$$ 5th place rings for moral victories don't count.

Gator fans still love him and aren't bashing him...

Nov 1, 2012, 10:09 PM

fwiw.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gator fans still love him and aren't bashing him...

Nov 1, 2012, 10:15 PM

Maybe because he said he was a gator at heart.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Gator fans still love him and aren't bashing him...

Nov 1, 2012, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Gator fans still love him and aren't bashing him... ]

link?

Link.

Nov 1, 2012, 10:42 PM

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/history.php?his=ncaa1996.inc

And look what he's done for the coots...

Led them to the only winning conference record in the SEC East division in 2010, giving them the opportunity to lose the SECCG in historic blowout fashion...

Managed a 5th place finish in the league that put TWO, count 'em TWO teams in the MNC game in 2011...

Won two games in a row against Clemson for the first time in over FORTY years...

Might get a 2nd coveted 5th place ring in 2012, culminating in the greatest 3 year run in school history...

And all it cost them was $24 million in salary, $500,000 in legal fees, and 3 years probation. No wonder they worship the ground he ####s on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My gator friends have disowned him

Nov 2, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Gator fans still love him and aren't bashing him... ]

Get a grip bro.

Not true, from SBNation:

Nov 1, 2012, 10:31 PM

"The thick-skulled assumption here is that Steve Spurrier has to demonstrate class by liking Dabo Swinney, or his old nemesis Ray Goff, or anyone else he may genuinely not like. Real maturity is admitting that you don't have to like people, and in fact can dislike them productively. Real maturity--or intelligence, even--would be thinking about how Marcus Lattimore, sitting in his hospital bed with a shattered knee and no real definite answers about his future, probably laughed his ### off at this, and how the entire rivalry that helps put money on the table benefitted as a result."

Hey lucky you, you found one opinion....

Nov 1, 2012, 10:34 PM

..even though that opinion is merely that it's okay to be an ###. Awesome for you.

Re: Not true, from SBNation:

Nov 1, 2012, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Not true, from SBNation: ]

Saying not true and then quoting SBNation, is like saying National 3 letter network TV stations show great learning and educational programs by quoting a PBS line up. Quoting a source that no one gives a sh!t about does not count.

Intelligence is also knowing when to keep your mouth shut

Nov 1, 2012, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Not true, from SBNation: ]

how did that 'Bama beating NFL teams' comment work out for your 'brainiac' coach. Go back to sucking his @ss and learn when to keep YOUR mouth shut too

Re: Question to all coots, who lurke here

Nov 1, 2012, 10:39 PM

They r completely drinking way too much juice. Totally blind folded and ignorant

spurriers antics

Nov 2, 2012, 12:48 AM

Are nothing new, he has done this for years. If you are the ones on the other end of his jokes, sure you hate him. But dont deny what he has done for the program in the hardest conference in America. Win the East, 11 wins, strong chance to repeat that. Onky one team can win the conferenSEC but as shown, finishing 5th in the SEC is just as good as winning a weaker conference. ### for tat if you like and hate him if you must but if some of you dont see what he gas done then you are un serious denial.

i have a question in that case.

Nov 2, 2012, 4:05 AM

why does the 1969 acc championship flag still fly at the roach? if what you say were true, y'all would fly a 5th place sec flag, and " we beat clemson flag ",also.

In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments

Nov 2, 2012, 7:22 AM

I certainly did not defend him. Although I get where you are coming from.

That said, every fanbase ignores "the antics" of their own, shunning the national opinion in some cases.

Most of the country feels the SEC is far and away the best conference in the country. But many ACC fans argue that it is over-rated.

Most of the country feels like the ACC is a wet noodle of a conference. ACC fans would argue that it is better than you think - despite it's record in big games.

Most of the country laughed its ### off at Dabo's antics last year (and not in a good way). But few Tiger fans found him to be nothing but loveable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

So thick with hypocrasy are these chickentroll responses

Nov 2, 2012, 7:42 AM

its difficult to separate them from the stupidity of their authors.

To a man (or woman) every chicken I knew or heard 10 years ago had NOTHING good to say about Spurrier. But suddenly, his being an incessant jerk to all around him (including the media), the gawd-awful practice of roster management, the horrific graduation rates.........all these are now OK. It has nothing to do with "defending one's own"....these same people criticized Spurrier when he behaved like this in Gainesville.

No, its little more than clinging to that rarest of the rare at usuck--football success--by a group of desperate and very small people who willingly sold their soul.

The original post said nothing about conference affiliation, a popular theme and feint amongst the chicken set when faced with questions about their head coach they don't want to answer.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words,

Nov 2, 2012, 7:43 AM [ in reply to In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments ]

Yes, Steve Spurrier is an immature ###.

And yes, you're talking out of your ### again.

Re: In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments

Nov 2, 2012, 7:50 AM [ in reply to In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments ]

I can understand getting beat 3 years in a row by your rival stings. I can remember those days, and how super sensitive you can become when losing. Tommy Bowden once said that he loved hearing 2001. Something to the effect of he always wins or has a very good day when it is played. At the time it fired me up. Looking back he was right. Spurrier's comments were true as well. What Dabo said about USC was garbage, and you haven't been beating us lately. No Clemson fan will admit this, but deep down you all know it's true. Spurrier has not said one thing even remotely close as to what Dabo said about us before the ACCCG and I remember 99% of CU fans loving it.

Dabo comments were 100% accurate and, again, in response

Nov 2, 2012, 8:02 AM

to an antagonistic quote attributed to your irrefutably immature, jack ### of a head coach. And he didn't deny it until after the fact. What Dabo said in response to that was neither "garbage" nor "BS". It was purely factual. But then Spurrier's response to those facts was "garbage". I bet you don't remember that, do you?

Fact is, everywhere Spurrier has been, except the NFL where he sucked out loud, he's spewed "garbage". He's an antagonistic, classless goof. Always has been.

The only factual thing Spurrier most recently said was that we haven't been you recently, but otherwise, no, it wasn't true. Your weak attempt to rationalize it has failed.

Re: Dabo comments were 100% accurate and, again, in response

Nov 2, 2012, 8:22 AM

So, what Dabo said was "true" and what Spurrier said was "BS"? I'm shocked, as a Clemson fan, you would think that.

The question was what did we think of the comments and that is what I thought. Do you agree? of course not. You are a CU fan and will take up for Dabo. Just as much as I will take up for my coach. Spurrier did not take any personal shots at your school, as Dabo did.

And as for "denying" the comments. Spurrier didn't even know Todd Ellis said it until Dabo attributed it to him. Was he supposed to come out on Sunday and say "Hey, heard Todd said we were not Clemson. Sorry about that, please know that it was not me. I don't want Dabo to go on a planned 5 minute diatribe degrading the USC"?

Again, losing 3 in a row has stung and you're very sensitve about this, as you are not used to it. If you beat us this year those comments will not bother you one bit.

Nov 2, 2012, 9:23 AM

No - what is interesting is how you can come on here and say things that would have long ago had you banned from any usc board.

Seems like usc follows their "State" newspaper and coach's edict that no reasonable thought or even - gasp - criticism of the usc program can be tolerated.

I'm waiting on a thank you for allowing you to even be here.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 2, 2012, 10:09 AM

personally, I'm just waiting on him to leave...but Nov.24 will be here soon enough and Tigernet will be rid of chickentrolls for at least a while

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you show anything that Dabo said which was false?

Nov 2, 2012, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo comments were 100% accurate and, again, in response ]

Anything at all? I'll wait on that.

Simply put, there isn't a single factual or intelligent point in anything you posted.

Deer chickentroll loser.....

Nov 2, 2012, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments ]

The original question had nothing to do with Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban, or any other coach......you people are incapable of answering a simple question....even though the answer is simple and obvious to everyone...even looking through those squinty little chicken eyes.

and trust me, #########, 100 years of cheating and still losing at football to your rival doesn't even come close to the very occasional 3 losses in a row.

And the chickens are still less than an afterthought in the SEC

Name one thing Dabo said that wasnt true

Nov 2, 2012, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments ]

3 wins doesn't change 65-40 as us dominating you losers. So i guess you're one of the morons who defend the jerk?

Re: In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments

Nov 2, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to In my one other responseto Spurrier's comments ]

> I certainly did not defend him. Although I get where
> you are coming from.
>
> That said, every fanbase ignores "the antics" of
> their own, shunning the national opinion in some
> cases.
>
> Most of the country feels the SEC is far and away the
> best conference in the country. But many ACC fans
> argue that it is over-rated.

>
> Most of the country feels like the ACC is a wet
> noodle of a conference. ACC fans would argue that it
> is better than you think - despite it's record in big
> games.
>
> Most of the country laughed its ### off at Dabo's
> antics last year (and not in a good way). But few
> Tiger fans found him to be nothing but loveable.

most people other than sec fans and espn thank the sec is over-rated.

How about this

Nov 2, 2012, 8:19 AM

Just take y'all's chicken @sses back to your own board and quit being obsessed with Clemson, 1) you're not welcomed here 2) 95% of you are just ignorant and 3) your a football fan that sits in your dump of a stadium and screams Go #####

Re: How about this

Nov 2, 2012, 8:27 AM

Then why ask us a question?

Don't you think the whole "go back to your own board" thing is a bit overplayed? CU fans come to ours, we go to yours. Way of the world. Isn't that what makes the rivalry fun?

Nov 2, 2012, 9:44 AM

Any Clemson fan would have long ago been removed from any usc board for much less than you write here.

I was taught to be a polite gentleman when a guest.

You need to thank the administrators of this board for allowing you here.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 2, 2012, 8:20 AM

TWEET THAT

Cockstrap championships

Nov 2, 2012, 9:37 AM

Look at their media guide....they list bowl wins as championships, omg. I guess when you only have one real championship in 100+ years you gotta do something

What he said was wrong

Nov 2, 2012, 9:58 AM

wrong time, wrong place, wrong response to Dabo's sincere words.

I stated that Marcus is more than a football player and Dabo is more than a football coach.

I'm wording this carefully, the reaction to ML's injury and to SOS's comments have been over the top. Both for the good and for the bad. No one wants ML to have a speedy and full recovery more than I do but having ML Day is going WAY TOO FAR. Having a 7 second quote gather so much attention is another sign of the sound bite society we live in.

TRUTH: beat us and it will shut him up, lose and expect some more digs. Would that surprise anyone???

Just win....

Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM

5th place rings and probation.
Weeeeee are the champions.....my coooooots

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic