Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team

Jun 24, 2015, 10:32 AM

Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team

Clemson kicker Ammon Lakip has been suspended from the Clemson football team indefinitely in connection with his arrest earlier this month. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team

Jun 24, 2015, 10:33 AM

thanks david, had you kept your nose out of this we would still have a kicker.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 AM

You are a morron. David was not 1st to break stry and he is doing what reporters do. Reporting. Also if you think Dabo would just ignore this then you are crazy. I dont think the kid will play again

i agree, someone here is a morron.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:everyone here is a morron.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:49 AM

Some moreso than others though. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i agree, someone here is a morron.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:50 AM [ in reply to i agree, someone here is a morron.*** ]

yeah, the OP. If he has to take down this entire team to get that coveted desk job at the Washington Poast, he just might

You might want to check the batteries

Jun 24, 2015, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

in your sarcasm meter, if you have one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Seems this post is an important one to read.***

Jun 24, 2015, 5:28 PM

lol......Fuse meet match..... smh***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

Jun 24, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

Not for Clemson, at least. David had nothing to do with the suspension, nor exposing it. It could not have been ignored by fans, other reporters and news types. I wish there were things such as privacy for the team, but in today's world there are no secrets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lighten up Francis! It was a joke and I believe if Ammon had

Jun 24, 2015, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

kept his nose out of it, we would still have a kicker...lol

Re: lighten up Francis! It was a joke and I believe if Ammon had

Jun 24, 2015, 2:56 PM

If he had kept his nose out of it, we would have beaten FSU last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

David is only reporting what is already a known fact...I'm sorry that you would consider forgetting about this and not maybe getting this young man the help he needs. Dabo did the only thing he could. I just pray this young man will seek to turn his life around and become a greater kicker in the future...we know that his family will support him and get him the help he needs. I know Dabo will be working to replace him with another kicker. Yes, we have concerns, but this young mans life is more important than kicking or (don't hate me Tiger fans) but the Tiger football team. He let his team down and it is a shame, but he can bounce back with treatment. We need to lift this young man up and give him encouragement to want to not use drugs to enjoy life. Drugs are a downward spiral for all people. God bless this young man.

Jun 24, 2015, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lakip Suspended from Clemson Team ]

Your post sir is one of the dumbest I have seen on facebook and that says a lot. Besides he was not our only kicker.

Right move.

Jun 24, 2015, 10:33 AM

Bring him back if Alex Spence can't handle it.

;)

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Right move.- U mean Sus Spence

Jun 24, 2015, 10:50 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense

Jun 24, 2015, 10:39 AM

Sammy was suspended 2 games for his 1 charge, this should be 4 games since he has 2 charges. about the same - controlled substances.

Re: Makes sense

Jun 24, 2015, 10:42 AM

hopefully we will not need a kicker until FSU

he's agood kid that made a mistake. I believe this will be

Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Makes sense ]

used as a life lesson and he will return and finish out a better man.

Cocaine and weed are a tad different my friend

Jun 24, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Makes sense ]

I don't eat weed for breakfast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Careful with the gums....***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cocaine and weed are a tad different my friend

Jun 24, 2015, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Cocaine and weed are a tad different my friend ]

yeah. seriously.
you're up, spence!!

Sammy had two charges***

Jun 24, 2015, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Makes sense ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

cocaine and weed are not equals.........Right?***

Jun 24, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Makes sense ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alex Spence!!

Jun 24, 2015, 10:41 AM

Your time is NOW son!

Make the most of it!

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 24, 2015, 10:45 AM

He could go play for FSU with no penalties assessed. Would just have to wait out a year after transferring.

Jun 24, 2015, 4:50 PM

You mean kicker U? No way he would ever get play time there for as average of a kicker as he is

Jun 24, 2015, 10:48 AM

He's garbage anyway. I bet Alex Spence is better

Get back in your dumpster...***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there Ammon, we still love and support ya.***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:49 AM

PTI and let him back on th team...

Jun 24, 2015, 11:07 AM

That's what I want. I say give him a second chance.

Way to #### up your life Lakip

Jun 24, 2015, 11:12 AM

smh

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not what you expect from your Mormon kicker***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:27 AM

Das secularisss....***

Jun 24, 2015, 11:28 AM

Possession of cocaine is only a misdemeanor? Wow, how

Jun 24, 2015, 11:29 AM

times have changed. Even weed was a felony way back in the dark ages when I was at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2015, 11:40 AM

What an idiot

Jun 24, 2015, 11:40 AM

What an idiot

Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!"

Jun 24, 2015, 11:53 AM

http://youtu.be/udNHsk57f24

Re: Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!"

Jun 24, 2015, 12:25 PM

Lets not glorify something that can destroy a young mans life. The actors and stars glorify this kind of things...not people who have a real life. How many of the stars and others who do drugs of this type have ended up never being heard of again.

Jun 24, 2015, 12:32 PM

I think his life is in much more danger of being destroyed by our over-zealous court system that treats drug possession the same way as real crimes where somebody was actually hurt by another person. If this cop had not pulled this young man, nobody would have been the wiser and I'm sure he would have gone on to a great career at Clemson and maybe the NFL. But now all of that is probably out the window. So what the real problem? A little coke or the over-reaction to it?

Jun 24, 2015, 1:13 PM

yep, no one would be the wiser until he killed someone while driving DUI. But, hey,,,what does someone else's life matter?

His arrest could be the best thing to happen to him. It could save his life. Some people think his life is more important than kicking a football. I hope the kid gets things together and gets rid of the drugs in his life.

Do you understand what cocaine is?***

Jun 24, 2015, 3:49 PM

Re: Do you understand what cocaine is?***

Jun 24, 2015, 10:14 PM

I have no personal experience with it but I know that facts show what it can do to people. It has been proven that when mixed with alcohol, the effects of cocaine last up to two and a half times longer and cocaine counteracts the effects of alcohol giving you the feeling you can drink more.

The effects of taking cocaine and alcohol together are far more dangerous than taking either drug alone. Cocaethylene is formed when alcohol and cocaine meet in the liver. This ‘metabolite’ remains in the body much longer, subjecting the heart and liver to a prolonged period of stress. That’s why some of the recorded deaths from Cocaethylene occur up to 12 hours after the user has mixed substances. The risk of sudden death is 18 times greater when alcohol and cocaine are used together. And what’s even worse is that you can’t see it coming, you could be feeling completely fine one minute and the next minute, BANG.

I know that alcohol can reduced reaction times, reduced concentration and makes one drowsy. It can also make you lose concentration on one or more things such as staying in your lane and paying attention to other things such as other traffic or traffic signs.....OR not using a turn signal.

So, I am not sure what your point is.

Jun 24, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!" ]

You are an idiot!

Jun 24, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!" ]

Being on the road lit is the problem. Yes cocaine is still illegal. Give us a shout when you or a family member gets the first hand experience of meeting a drunk on the road. Got the t shirt.

Jun 24, 2015, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!" ]

Being on the road lit is the problem. Yes cocaine is still illegal. Give us a shout when you or a family member gets the first hand experience of meeting a drunk on the road. Got the t shirt.

Jun 24, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Rick James: "Cocaine is a heII of a drug!" ]

What are u talking about?? No one is glorifying it...someone is just making a joke about it. If u knew what u were talking about, before making an assumption, then you'd know that Rick James died at a young age of 56 from complications of years and years of drug abuse (cocaine being one of the main drugs of choice). If you only knew how many pro athletes abused drugs (especially cocaine) then you'd be appalled. Yes, Lakip made a serious mistake & is lucky he didn't kill someone or himself but he doesn't deserve a second chance if he wants one.

Jun 24, 2015, 4:30 PM

Correction: he DOES deserve a second chance if he wants one!

Jun 24, 2015, 12:32 PM

Anyone else noticing a difference between us and FSU. Jimbo Fisher would have praised Lakip as a good role model......smh

Ok, cocaine doesn't impair your ability to drive.

Jun 24, 2015, 3:46 PM

I understand it's illegal... but if anything he was the least likely to have a delayed reaction or fall asleep at the wheel that night.

are you speaking from theory or reality????

Jun 24, 2015, 3:59 PM

...if reality, you bought some flour... lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand that it's good that most here haven't used it..

Jun 24, 2015, 4:37 PM

but I thought it was pretty common knowledge what exactly cocaine does to the body. It's actually a functional drug, meaning that when you use it, your brain is going to be on speed-dial, until you crash that is. Yeah it's dangerous and highly addictive, but when you use it you are super alert. Most people can probably multitask better on cocaine. That doesn't mean people should use it, but it does mean unless he was crashing it didn't impair his ability to drive. Pot, though probably less addictive, is a depressant, which would impair driving.

Kids are prescribed drugs with a similar effect to cocaine in pill form. Cocaine is an upper, similar to Ritalin.

Re: I understand that it's good that most here haven't used it..

Jun 24, 2015, 5:29 PM

cocaine ingested recreationally is not ingested with an intent to not get that intense high that it creates. prescribed in minuscule controlled doses, your description is correct. but in other, blow-my-mind settings, it is ingested particularly for that highest of highs, which is why is sometimes leads to overdose. that highest of highs does impair your ability to drive and do other things, like even to maintain the most mundane of motor skills...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you seriously arguing the chemical affects of cocaine?

Jun 24, 2015, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Ok, cocaine doesn't impair your ability to drive. ]

nm

Re: Are you seriously arguing the chemical affects of cocaine?

Jun 24, 2015, 4:30 PM

What are the chemical effects?

What's to argue?***

Jun 24, 2015, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Are you seriously arguing the chemical affects of cocaine? ]

I see, hmmm........

Jun 24, 2015, 5:20 PM

the kept this on the down low for....2 weeks, really...
really.

:(

So what is the kicking . .

Jun 24, 2015, 8:49 PM

going to look like this fall? The kid . . is a moron. Do dumb things you suffer. No excuse for this.

first offense misdemeanor ... he can do that sentence

Jun 24, 2015, 11:07 PM

standing on his head. He'll get pre-trial intervention with community service, some drug counseling and following completion the record will be expunged.

Response from Lakip on this situation:

Jun 25, 2015, 6:33 AM
lakip.gif(491.9 K)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Lakip should get the same tx as Sammy

Jun 25, 2015, 9:36 AM

Marijuana is schedule 1 and cocaine is schedule 2. Both are misdemeanors. The DUI charge is classic overcharging by police who just assume because of their extensive education in pharmaceutical science that cocaine in someone's system means they are DUI when they drive. Give the kid a break, it's just a possession case. Why should this kid be treated worse than other possession cases?

Re: Lakip should get the same tx as Sammy

Jun 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

He was driving under the influence of alcohol, not the cocaine. He was seen leaving bar parking lot driving poorly. He smelled of alcohol and failed field sobriety tests miserably. DUI charges are a lot more serious than the misdemeanor drug charges both of them got.

Re: Lakip should get the same tx as Sammy

Jun 26, 2015, 12:18 PM

You should probably read the law and the report. DUI is a 30 day offense. Poss cocaine carries more time. The officer pulls him over for a turn signal violation and doesn't mention seeing Lakip leaving any bar just the area where bars are.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic