Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1.2 million a year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

1.2 million a year

Mar 14, 2013, 11:59 PM

Yes that's brownlee's salary
Until 2017
How does anyone justify this
Meanwhile, tuition continues to climb

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this for real??? UNBELIEVABLE!!***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:01 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Yes, it is correct

Mar 15, 2013, 12:03 AM

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2011/apr/29/clemson-extends-brad-brownell-raise-following-stel/?print=1

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

And can you believe the price of tea in China?***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches aren't paid from tuition. The AD isn't funded that

Mar 15, 2013, 12:07 AM

way. A small amount of money comes from the athletics fee, though. State budget cuts and inflation are the drivers of tuition growth, not the salaries of athletics coaches. Most of CUAD's money comes from IPTAY donations, ticket sales, and from rights fees (ACC TV deals, merchandise). Bottom line, if you don't like the performance of the CU teams, don't give to IPTAY, go to games, watch them on TV, or buy CU merchandise. Whining on T-net won't do any good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Correct, after 9/11 when the government diverted all

Mar 15, 2013, 12:13 AM

education money to homeland security and defense budget, tuition has gotten out of control everywhere. Clemson's tuition skyrocketed during my time there, 2001-2006.

Wow

Mar 15, 2013, 12:07 AM

That's messed up that he's getting paid like that and we're seeing what we've seen this season. I say give him 1 more year, of he doesn't show progress (NIT or better), then cut him loose.

No one has yet explained why Brownell is a good coach

Mar 15, 2013, 12:08 AM

A lot of posters say "If you can't see why Brownell is a good coach, then you know nothing about basketball."

For the most part, what I see is not very good. None can articulate why Brownell is a good coach.

The results tell the story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one has yet explained why Brownell is a good coach

Mar 15, 2013, 12:12 AM

Somebody somewhere over the past 3 years said he is a "good x and o's" coach and everyone copied and pasted that until they actually believe it.

I've seen nothing to support it.

He is at or below the shyatt level.

But hes above the Martin level***

Mar 15, 2013, 8:52 AM

Nrownell was not the one who missed all those free throws...***

Mar 15, 2013, 12:21 AM [ in reply to No one has yet explained why Brownell is a good coach ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RESULTS are the operative word here.***

Mar 15, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to No one has yet explained why Brownell is a good coach ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

I believe that Brownell is a good Coach because

Mar 15, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to No one has yet explained why Brownell is a good coach ]

of his first season here at Clemson. There is no way OP takes that team to the NCAAs. He did a FANTASTIC job with Stitt and Grant leading the way.

Since then, it has become more and more apparent that he can't recruit. We are running in the ACC with Southern Conference players.

Great point. Let's fire him and pay him 1.2 for four more

Mar 15, 2013, 12:13 AM

years and hire another coach that can come in here and suck.

I'm frustrated as well, but c'mon. Its something in the water at Clemson. I was a frosh in 81 and we couldn't shoot free thows back then. Nothing's going to change.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure he has a buyout..

Mar 15, 2013, 12:18 AM

Pay him a million to just go away
Just can't keep accepting mediocrity

You come up with that million. We've tried everything.

Mar 15, 2013, 12:23 AM

Let him finish his K out unless the right situation falls into our lap. In the alternative, let's spend some money and get someone else if he doesn't turn things around.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure he has a buyout..

Mar 15, 2013, 12:31 AM [ in reply to I'm sure he has a buyout.. ]

Without continuity you will always have mediocrity. There are not many great coaches that have success in their first 4-5 years. Most of the greats sucked for 5-6 years before they even began field solid teams.. Especially in a sport that is not well funded nor that popular. Football rules at Clemson. We had Rick Barnes and he led us to some solid season but he left because Clemson told him he would not receive extra money for the basketball program. He realized then that Clemson was a football first school.

Yep, here you go

Mar 15, 2013, 1:14 AM

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/news/2011/apr/29/clemson-extends-brad-brownell-raise-following-stel/?print=1

what does Marlin make at Scar???***

Mar 15, 2013, 8:51 AM

Re: 1.2 million a year

Mar 15, 2013, 9:08 AM

His direct salary from Clemson is the same as Dabo's, $252,350. Is that the amount the state pension is based on?

How does the rest of his compensation break down (shoe contract, TV show, bonus, etc.)? Is the other 1 million in comp considered earned income?

Creighton pays their coach 1 mil***

Mar 15, 2013, 2:50 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic