Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers

Nov 5, 2017, 10:11 PM

I'm not a coach and don't profess to be. I'm a fan and from my perspective our passing game is below average to awful. Just curious as to how our passing attack is as average to bad as it is with such high quality recievers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QB*****

Nov 5, 2017, 10:12 PM

Re: Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers

Nov 5, 2017, 10:12 PM

We have a qb whose greatest attribute is running. The offense is catered to that

This Post is Worse Than Even GT's Passing Game***

Nov 5, 2017, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Post is Worse Than Even GT's Passing Game***

Nov 6, 2017, 5:11 AM

The thread subject was a dead give-away of another 'entitled Bama' view. This gets so bloody old.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right, you're not a coach and dang close to being an

Nov 5, 2017, 10:20 PM

IDIOT. Facts don't support your claims

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Kelly-Bryant-the-facts-1748268?tstart=0

Re: You're right, you're not a coach and dang close to being an

Nov 5, 2017, 10:34 PM

Funny how you call me the idiot those same stats say we have a third stringer with a 90% completion rating and 175 qb rating. Stats can say whatever you would like. Results are what matters and if our passing game doesn't improve if we make the playoffs we stand no chance of winning.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:42 PM

Can you immagine where Georgia, ND and Alabama would be without their high powered passing attacks? Duh

"If we make the playoffs we have no chance of winning ..." ?

Nov 6, 2017, 3:15 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right, you're not a coach and dang close to being an ]

LOL.

So now, you are so spoiled that you expect to not only make the playoffs every single year, but to also always be in a position to win the National Title??

Seriously delusional.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "If we make the playoffs we have no chance of winning ..." ?

Nov 6, 2017, 7:28 AM

Why can't we expect a natty every year bama does

Re: "If we make the playoffs we have no chance of winning ..." ?

Nov 6, 2017, 8:55 AM

Bama fans are delusional too ... (see 2016) ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 7:27 AM [ in reply to You're right, you're not a coach and dang close to being an ]

Be very, very careful using stats to make your point. I took several years of Statistics at CLEMSON, and trust me when I say, you can bend them, stretch them, twist them, use and abuse them any way you want to if you want to make a point. Maybe just stick to watching the games and leave those stats in your bag.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:34 PM

We have 3-5 NFL wr's (Cain, Renfrow, Higgins, ??), which is pretty impressive. The whole 9 thing is a little silly and coach speak

We have more than that.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:39 PM

You're way off. You will see once TL gets on campus. He is just talking about guys who have NFL potential anyway.

we have 9 scholarship WR, that's where the 9 comes from***

Nov 6, 2017, 4:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but the other poster said we just have 3 NFL caliber.*****

Nov 6, 2017, 10:31 AM

Nov 5, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers ]

I agree completely. I was just stating what our coach said not my words his. We need improvement in the passing game and I've seen plenty of post stating that our recievers aren't making the plays and was just curious of why? Didn't know that I was the problem until I started the topic and it was pointed out just how dumb I am.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:55 PM

I know you were repeating coaches talk. I think it's fine to hype the players up. There's a ton of talent on campus for sure, but it's hard to make the NFL. I asked what I thought was a legit question years ago and got panned for being a "coot", that's how it goes I guess. One of the reasons our wr's aren't making plays is because they can't jump 10 ft in the air to catch some of the passes coming their way

We have at least one high potential NFL QB - Hunter Johnson

Nov 5, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers ]

Not sure he will play another down for Clemson and I'm fine with that from an HJ and Clemson perspective. Wish him the best as Clemson pursue championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have at least one high potential NFL QB - Hunter Johnson

Nov 6, 2017, 6:13 AM

It is kinda like keeping CJ on the bench except mop up time. We were built for fast paced spread offense and have the receivers to run it. The problem is we can’t get them the ball very often. Sometimes we look great, but we are a different team this year. We are still winning and that is the goal. Just not sure how we will stack up later as we will need passing at some point over the top.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2017, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Scott says we have 9 NFL recievers ]

We have some very good receivers, some of the younger guys just need to get more physical and fight for the ball. Renfrow and Cain are very good but we need someone to take the Mike Williams approach, if it's close, I will catch it.

I'm sure we could line up 5 wides...

Nov 6, 2017, 6:52 AM

every play and change to HJ at quarterback and be more exciting. We also would turn the ball over more, not control the clock, etc. and be 6-3. That would be awesome.

Re: I'm sure we could line up 5 wides...

Nov 6, 2017, 7:28 AM

Which 3 games would we lose in your analysis? Curious about this.

Nov 6, 2017, 7:59 AM

Geesh. I'm not Nostradamus. But, a theoretical question gets a theoretical answer. Pick 3 from Auburn, Louisville, Ga Tech, NC State, or Wake.

Nov 6, 2017, 7:39 AM [ in reply to I'm sure we could line up 5 wides... ]

So where are the 3 L's...would love to know.

It's not bad. You need to watch some other games.

Nov 6, 2017, 7:32 AM

It's a bout average. But it should be AWESOME considering we are loaded with 4 and 5 star receivers.

The HUGE difference I see last year to this year, is we

Nov 6, 2017, 11:00 AM

don't have receivers that fight for the "50/50" balls. Kelly was high with his passes all game seemingly Saturday, but I think #7 comes down with at least a couple of those, where Cain didn't even give an effort toward getting them. Overton appears to me to do a better job in those situations, and we haven't even seen enough of Higgins to know how he would do. We won Saturday because of KB superior running, not passing. Good news is, both the QB and WR situation get better next year. For what was in some minds (including mine) a stopgap year, this team is still performing above expectations, so nitpicking success is much better than nitpicking failure!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic