Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Rally falls short as Tigers suffer 9th consecutive ACC loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Rally falls short as Tigers suffer 9th consecutive ACC loss

May 19, 2017, 10:43 PM

Rally falls short as Tigers suffer 9th consecutive ACC loss

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Rally falls short as Tigers suffer 9th consecutive ACC loss

May 19, 2017, 11:09 PM

There are NO WORDS for this... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 11:11 PM

There are NO WORDS for this... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2017, 11:12 PM

Sorry, I'm not making light of this.
It is maddening!

May 20, 2017, 7:28 AM

Why was Gilliam removed after only one inning and three strikeouts? During the skid, the coaching staff has had a real knack for removing a relatively good pitcher and replacing him with someone with makes it difficult to win the game. That's on them. A few unnamed pitchers are consistently not performing. Why use them unless they are ready? The other problem is that there is a "dead spot" at the bottom of the order where nothing happens. We need production. Jolly needs to stay in.

Coach Lee admitted

May 20, 2017, 8:18 AM

in his post game that it was a mistake to pull Gilliam. He hoped he could send Andrews (who has been pitching well) out and save Riley for today. He said that in hindsight it was a mistake but I can understand his thought process.

And without Chris being able to catch, his bat is in that DH spot. Both Jolly and Wilkie have their strengths and weaknesses at catcher which is one of those positions that you have to take defense over offense (better of course to have both). So it's hard to say Jolly should stay in. If Wilkie looks better behind the dish that day, he needs to start for his defense. Or vice versa. Again, Williams not being able to catch affects this line-up in a lot of ways. We NEED him back for his defense and offense. Until then, Wilkie and Jolly will switch depending on who gives us the best chance defensively.

Pootie will likely be out today in CF which hurts us. I would venture a guess that Weston Jackson starts there and he will be fine, but he is not Chase.

The toughest time for this team is amplified by injuries to the field and bullpen. Tough stuff.

Anguish and Heartbreak

May 20, 2017, 9:44 AM

These are some of the feelings that come to mind. You know the players feel it too, and more. The regular season has slipped away, but it'll take a different brand of baseball in postseason to get where wwe want the Tigers to be--winners. Can they do it? I prefer the glass half full philosophy. Go Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 20, 2017, 11:10 AM

I know Lee has seemed a savior, bu he certainly let this ending happen. What the heck happened? You don't loose this many games without there being an issue. And I start with the coach.

May 20, 2017, 11:23 AM

Really seemed like Williams is the heart and soul to this team we were a little sluggish at beginning until he got healthy again then took off then gets hurt in the unc series yes he still DHing but without being behind home plate has hurt us more than we think. Plus with Williams back at starting you can put Jolly back in the batting order bc you don't have to worry about wilkies anymore. I have a feeling when/if Williams gets healthy for post season we will come back on. That's just me and yes pitching changes have hurt us but possibly help down the line or next year getting young guys game time even tho it's hurting us now!!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic