Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Howard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 997

Coach Howard

Dec 26, 2019, 3:47 PM

Was very much alive when the Woody Hayes incident occurred. Both Frank and Woody were from the ‘ole school’ of college coaches but their similarities ended there. No way would Coach Howard denigrate the sport they way Hayes did in the Gator Bowl. From that night on I have had a strong dislike for the buckeyes. Unfortunately, there have been other “woodys” in the sport that have been recognized recently. The day that the Clemson Tigers have anyone represent the university in the fashion of Hayes, and others, is the last day I will support this university and certainly will be the end to any financial support that I offer. But I feel safe in saying that this isn’t going to happen.

We are Clemson. We are better than this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Howard

Dec 26, 2019, 7:39 PM

Well, to be fair, OSU responded immediately and responsibly. i would hope if anything similar happened here our university would respond similarly.

Re: Coach Howard

Dec 26, 2019, 10:07 PM

Only because it was on national television and there was such an uproar over it. They would have preferred to have done nothing.

Frank Howard was a good man.

Dec 26, 2019, 8:03 PM

Woody was a psychopath.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 997
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic