Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Bill Cowher seems to be the forgotten man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Coach Bill Cowher seems to be the forgotten man

Dec 12, 2013, 8:24 AM

in coaching. He's doing TV ads for Time Warner Cable now. Word was that he was going to be HC at N.C. State or one of the Tobacco Road schools but coaching openings have come and gone and he's still doing commercials. I just wonder if he has any interest in coaching anymore. There will be plenty of jobs coming open but I wonder if he's even thought of anymore in coaching circles. I always thought he was a good, hard-nosed coach and I'm surprised he hasn't been in the mix for some of these jobs. Anyone know any more about him? Does he even want to coach again?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Bill Cowher seems to be the forgotten man

Dec 12, 2013, 8:28 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24072730/bill-cowher-on-coaching-in-nfl-i-didnt-get-out-of-it-to-get-back-in

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for another helpful link...

Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 AM

your Googler is working overtime this morning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

well, i gave it a few days off after the big game...***

Dec 12, 2013, 8:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Bill Cowher seems to be the forgotten man

Dec 12, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Coach Bill Cowher seems to be the forgotten man ]

I guess that pretty much says it. Google is our friend... thanks for the info! It seems to me that the pull of coaching has been very strong for people who have been successful at it...and he was successful at the very highest level. I always pictured him down South in a college program, but it appears that's not what he wants to do with his life. I wish him well!

He's waiting on the Cleveland job to open up. So, he has

Dec 12, 2013, 8:30 AM

a few weeks.

null

Won't be long before the Browns are drafting a QB

Dec 12, 2013, 8:35 AM

that's doomed to fail

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

logan thomas looks good in ugly colors...***

Dec 12, 2013, 8:36 AM

True, but we'd rather ruin the career of someone with

Dec 12, 2013, 8:37 AM

more promise than Logan Thomas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

who ped in your keesh this morning?

Dec 12, 2013, 8:40 AM

logan's got feelings too.

Someone put PED's in my keesh?

Dec 12, 2013, 9:16 AM

Well that should make me the best poster on this bored today

at least we spell it right, not like that frenchie cuatfl...

Dec 12, 2013, 9:19 AM

and yes, you're sec bored material now.

My typing speed has increased dramatically

Dec 12, 2013, 9:21 AM

Now franc won't be able to post things before I can anymore

franc's been juicing for years...***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:23 AM

Your typing speed has increased? Great.....all that means

Dec 12, 2013, 9:25 AM [ in reply to My typing speed has increased dramatically ]

is I get to read your drivel quicker. Hello Ignore Button...

null

Step 1: Donate

Dec 12, 2013, 9:33 AM

Step 2: Use ignore button
Step 3: Quit being a cheap #### freeloader

Ryan Leaf's looking for a team.***

Dec 12, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Won't be long before the Browns are drafting a QB ]

null

Re: He's waiting on the Cleveland job to open up. So, he has

Dec 12, 2013, 9:51 AM [ in reply to He's waiting on the Cleveland job to open up. So, he has ]

When is Cleveland getting an NFL team?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Cowher is a career NFL guy....

Dec 12, 2013, 8:32 AM

and if he resumes his coaching career at some point, it would likely be for another NFL team IMO.

That said, he has repeatedly said that he has no plans to coach again in the immediate future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Cowher is a career NFL guy....

Dec 12, 2013, 8:36 AM

Well, he was a LOT better coach than he is in those commercials. I was never a big Steelers fan but there was something about Cowher that I liked. He was kind of a no nonsense guy...or at least that's the way he appeared to me.

When he stepped down in 2007...

Dec 12, 2013, 9:08 AM

his wife had just been diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to spend more time with the family. Sadly, she passed away in 2010.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did not know his

Dec 12, 2013, 9:41 AM

wife passed away. I always thought he would be a great college coach too; take no BS from players and give them the Cower scowl.

Other than the TV thing, he was pretty much a fulltime Dad

Dec 12, 2013, 9:49 AM

Two of his three daughters are now married and his youngest either currently plays or played basketball at Wofford.

As a Steeler fan I hope he stays retired.***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:45 AM

^^^content with being 3rd in the AFC North^^^^***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:51 AM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic