Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Read this inbred Brownell haters...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Read this inbred Brownell haters...

Dec 29, 2013, 4:15 PM

ACC Men’s Basketball Coaches guaranteed annual salary:

1) Mike Krzyzewski, Duke – $4,195,519
2) Mark Turgeon, Maryland – $1,900,000
3) Tony Bennett, Virginia – $1,700,000
4) Roy Williams, North Carolina – $1,655,000
5) Leonard Hamilton, Florida State – $1,503,500
6) Mark Gottfried, North Carolina State – $1,200,000
7) Jim Larranaga, Miami – $1,100,000
8) Brian Gregory, Georgia Tech – $1,000,000
9) Steve Donahue, Boston College – nearly $1 million, according to the Boston Globe
10) Brad Brownell, Clemson – $923,300
11) James Johnson, Virginia Tech – $680,000
Could not find Wake Forrest Coach's salary

Newest members of the ACC next year

Pittsburgh - James Dixon - $1,250,000
Syracuse - Jim Boeheim - $1,520,000
Notre Dame - Mike Brey - $1,230,000

This doesn't factor in out terrible facilities either... but we should be in the top .500 in the ACC? or make the tournament every year????

I'm lost on how Brownell is a bad coach. He does a great job given the situation. Replacing Brownell with another mid major guy won't fix anything.

(I pulled the numbers from a tnet post in March)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters...

Dec 29, 2013, 4:20 PM

oh well as long as it is from an unimpeachable source like Tigernet. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

youre right. brownell is a top paid coach...***

Dec 29, 2013, 4:23 PM

Re: youre right. brownell is a top paid coach...NO

Dec 29, 2013, 4:25 PM

but use a real source

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters...BTW to be clear

Dec 29, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters... ]

I like Brownell. I think recruiting is getting better and he is going to do a good job with the guys he brings in. Hopefully whatever we do w LJ will last for more than 10 ears and be done right this time

Dec 29, 2013, 4:29 PM

You cannot really blame Littlejohn, when his predecessor had the same situation and won with it.

Let me finish your sentence….

Dec 29, 2013, 5:41 PM

he won with for a couple of seasons until no one to come play for him. He left nothing. His lack of quality recruits has left Brownell behind the curve. AP certainly hasn't lit the world on fire at his new gig. Hasn't won more than 12 games in his first 3 years @ DePaul. He couldn't win in the Dean Dome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me finish your sentence….

Dec 29, 2013, 6:41 PM

OP's last 5 signees were Rivals 150 recruits.

Re:OP left because he could not recruit quality white

Dec 29, 2013, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Let me finish your sentence…. ]

players to CU. They all went to Carolina and Duke.

Who wants to come play for a coach that presses

Dec 29, 2013, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Let me finish your sentence…. ]

40 minutes a game? Drove the fans crazy, can just imagine the players especially with the press getting shredded most of the times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who wants to come play for a coach that presses

Dec 29, 2013, 8:18 PM

Shreded most of the time to 3 straight NCAA appearances. If you are going by attendance, it was much better with OP than it is now. We also played in games where both teams were top 25. Brownell has yet to have his team ranked.

Dec 29, 2013, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters... ]

Yes, Columbus es ship made the voyage to the new world and back. But it surely wasn't something the King or Queen of England would've have sail on. Little John isn't a place that young recruits want to play in. They see lots better in lesser schools than Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, explain to us how that 16k seat white elephant in

Dec 29, 2013, 7:44 PM

Columbia has helped the Coots.

hed get paid when he actually does something

Dec 29, 2013, 4:40 PM

Worth while. Getting worse every yr is not the way to get paid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he is improving***

Dec 29, 2013, 7:45 PM

not sure what your point is

Dec 29, 2013, 5:07 PM

If he wins more, and more consistently, he'll prob get an up in pay

Really reaching...aren't we?***

Dec 29, 2013, 5:08 PM

Dec 29, 2013, 5:09 PM

I agree...Clemson fans care about the basketball program but the university doesnt. Clemson tries to hire a gem of a coach for cheap to try and get a bargain but when its all said and done with the facilities and amount of money they offer a basketball coach then we would be lucky to win in basketball and be a tournament team every year

Just got back from a date with my sister, what did I miss?***

Dec 29, 2013, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Those numbers are old

Dec 29, 2013, 5:23 PM

you should have read the replies to that post

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13747114

Calling people names and then posting incorrect 'facts' makes you look like an idiot.

I think that salary is wrong...

Dec 29, 2013, 5:32 PM

He got a bump in pay after his first year when he got to the dance. I think it is around 1.1 million now.

Re: I like him but he is overpaid.***

Dec 29, 2013, 5:34 PM

BB is overpaid????..

Dec 29, 2013, 5:44 PM

dang, some of you people want to compete in the ACC with a $7.25 and hr coach.

For that product he's putting on the court, yes.***

Dec 29, 2013, 6:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Bo,money does not grow on trees. Show me something

Dec 29, 2013, 7:37 PM [ in reply to BB is overpaid????.. ]

A good h s college can do what he is doing.

Brownell isn't the problem...................

Dec 29, 2013, 6:03 PM

There is more than enough blame to go around for the lack of success of the Clemson basketball program.......... Fans, Athletic Department, and administration........

The last time we upgraded Little John we had an AD with no vision who waste 38M dollars......... He was cheap and our entire athletic facilities fell apart under him.........

I know most of you on this board don't like OP and you think he left because of a girlfriend....... I can tell you that had nothing to do with him leaving............ He got tired of having to fight with the athletic department to get things that were in his contract.................... That is not how you keep a coach............

OP won more games his last three years in the ACC than any program than Duke or Carolina......... He took us to the ACC finals for only the second time in school history....... He beat South Carolina like a drum......... He got the top basketball players in South Carolina there aren't many but he got them.......... He got us three straight NCAA bids........... Yes he never won one............. How dare him we have won sooooooo many...................... Not sure why we didn't support him......... But the basketball program was in better shape than anytime in school history........ If we would have supported him he would have never left he wanted to coach in the ACC.............

This time hopefully we will do the rebuild of Little John right ............... Not spend most of the money on a new roof.............. The next time we have a winning coach I hope we support him that includes fans, athletic department.............Or we will be reading how he left because of a girlfriend just like the last two winning coaches.......... What a joke.......Like they don't have girls in Texas or Chicago.......... Also please don't say we supported Barns or OP .......... I went to plenty of games under both with less than a 1000 fans in Little John..... And there is not excuse for having less than a 1000 fans at a game.............

Re:You have got to remember that Clemson has limited

Dec 29, 2013, 7:40 PM

resources. We can easily get in the position that FSU was in a year or so ago.

Dec 29, 2013, 6:04 PM

"Terrible facilities"? Even if that were true, that argument doesn't hold any validity. Cameron indoor Stadium was created in 1935 and underwent its first major renovation in 1987. Cameron had it's second major renovation in 2009. Coach K won three national championships between the time he took over in 1980 and when Cameron became a semi modern indoor basketball facility in 2009. It was the worst facility in the ACC by far and yet coach K won THREE national championships. Great players come to play for great coaches. They don't necessarily come to play in shiny new stadiums that offer marginal incremental benefit for the fans. Cameron still only holds 9314 fans.

So what you're saying is

Dec 29, 2013, 6:06 PM

We need to hire Coach K...brilliant, I'll draft the letter to D-Rad.

Coach K replaced Coach Foster who just

Dec 29, 2013, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters... ]

took them to the final four with Gene Banks and a host of great players........ Duke won and won a lot before coach K they also supported the program .......... If Clemson would pack Little John for all it's games like Duke does and did even during down years it wouldn't matter what Little John looked like but we don't........... So we need something extra...... And the hope is that the fans will come out also.............

Dec 29, 2013, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Read this inbred Brownell haters... ]

one thing you don't understand the Duke name recruits all on its own. Cameron is kinda of a dump, but the fans would riot if they wanted to change it. That dump, to Duke fans, is more sacred to them than any church they would ever walk in. We don;t get to see the player facilities, but you can take a look here:

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=218245

Any coach that is at Clemson has a disadvantage from the get-go. There is nothing in Clemson that would appeal to the black athlete. Now before you start saying we get black football players....they join a team that has more blacks than whites and there are 85 players to "family" with. Not so, with basketball. Facilities hurt a bunch.

Really has nothing to do with "black athletes"

Dec 29, 2013, 6:53 PM

It has to do with the name on the jersey. When kids see Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky or Indiana doors immediately open. When kids see Clemson they might crack the door, but the chain stays on.

**Brownlee***

Dec 29, 2013, 6:05 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the answer is pay him more?

Dec 29, 2013, 6:06 PM

Fail

Response to your post:

Dec 29, 2013, 6:55 PM

1. You just called fellow Tiger fans inbred. Brilliant...

2. Brad Brownell is worth no more than his pay, what is your point?

3. You are just another fan making "facilities" excuse for an average coach. Ask The Coots how that huge facility is working for them.

4. Enjoy the cellar, that's all Brownlee is going to do for you!

How about tell me who you would hire rockstar?

Dec 29, 2013, 7:03 PM

You can hate on a coach that was left with nothing. We would be screaming for Purnell to be fired with the last two years of players.....

Re: How about tell me who you would hire rockstar?

Dec 29, 2013, 7:21 PM

Not sure how you are "left nothing" when your best season is with your predecessor's players, but why let facts ruin your rant??

Re: Response to your post:

Dec 31, 2013, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Response to your post: ]

So you're Brad Brownell.

You're hired late due to OP's sudden departure, so you have no chance at any decent recruits for your first season. You're left with headcase Milton Jennings and underachieving Booker as starters from OP. You have a couple of OP recruits who clearly are not talented enough to play for you and eventually transfer. One of your first good recruits suffers a devastating injury in HS and is not available. Another guy tears up an Achilles and is out for the year. Despite all this, the team plays competitive basketball in the ACC, though there's a long way to go. He's just landed two excellent recruits that are upgrades over current talent. And now here come additional top 25 teams to compete in the ACC (Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, and ND). I think expectations that any coach would be near the top of the ACC under these circumstances are unrealistic. Should we expect to be better going forward? Absolutely. But in context it is a process that is moving forward and changing a coach because we're not beating Duke and UNC now is a knee jerk reaction and will hurt us for the next 5 years. Stay the course.

Coach B......You've stooped to posting on tigernet?

Dec 29, 2013, 7:02 PM

Times really are hard in Littlejohn......

Now that's original.***

Dec 29, 2013, 8:02 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic