Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot

May 14, 2014, 11:47 PM

Usain Bolt...Puma's biggest endorsement deal recently re-signed an "undisclosed" deal, but estimated to be under 4YR/40M. This is UNHEARD of, even in Nike's world...regardless of the level of athlete...like say...TIGER WOODS.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-25/usain-bolts-puma-deal-is-the-worlds-fastest-man-worth-the-money

http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/25/usain-bolt-puma-markets-equities-sponsorship.html

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/aug/25/usain-bolt-biggest-sponsorship-deal-puma

But now Clowney signs a nearly $200M dollar deal, according to MonroeCoot? What did they sign him until he's 45?

It's cool, I heard Sammy Watkins just signed a $1 Billion dollar deal with Pony Shoes. Spread the word...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot

May 14, 2014, 11:53 PM

He'll soon quit football with his "new $$$" and set off on a 'Round the World strip club tour.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "2KIV Bankruptcy Tour"...or so I HERD...***

May 14, 2014, 11:55 PM

2KXIV...sorry, it's late...***

May 14, 2014, 11:56 PM

Not surprising, LiGHtBulbBill signed a 500 million dollar deal w/ General Electric

May 14, 2014, 11:58 PM

Or was it General Eclectic?

Either way, he's worth every ruby.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GeNEraL EleCTRiC...FTFY

May 15, 2014, 12:00 AM

;)

Union?

May 15, 2014, 12:07 AM

Or non-union? Bi-union?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Re: Union?

May 15, 2014, 12:13 AM

And I'm totally telling ESPN and Michael Sam about the "Bi" thing...you BIgot (no LbBiLL pun intended).

;)

No but sirusly...I'm hearing Soviet Union...

May 15, 2014, 12:15 AM

HTH this helps.

like real Soviet Union or like fake Ukraine Soviet Union?

May 15, 2014, 12:28 AM

Asking for a vodka drinking comrade.....

May 15, 2014, 5:13 AM

Dude that was a report from "The State" paper and a quote from Gil Brandt an executive from the Dallas Cowboys. I didn't make it up. I also recall that Lebron James signed a 100 million dollar contract out of high school. That kind of money is there if you are a national know player. More people have heard of Clowney than Usain Bolt and NFL football has a MUCH larger appeal than track....get real !

May 15, 2014, 5:18 AM

My bad....Lebron's was for 90 million out of high school..

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2003/05/heir_jordan.html

Kobe Bryant has got to be just a little pissed off today. Already down after his Los Angeles Lakers got booted from the playoffs, he wakes up to see this: ESPN reports that high-school basketball star LeBron James has signed a seven-year Nike endorsement contract worth more than $90 million.

I suppose for most of us, it doesn't matter how many deals

May 15, 2014, 5:54 AM

any of these athletes sign.

ALL OF THEM will be laughing all the way to their banks, while we may wish we were their bankers! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suppose for most of us, it doesn't matter how many deals

May 15, 2014, 6:03 AM

very true my man....very true !

May 15, 2014, 7:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot ]

and you think a company named puma is gonna give the clown man 100 million more than a company named nike gave lebron. you coots are a funny bunch. come on moronec. none of these kids are going to be hurting for cash.

You might want to check that

May 15, 2014, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot ]

Yes in the states football is bigger but that isn't the case around the world. Track is a VERY big deal around the world. iSight now without question Usain Bolt is much much more well known the the Clown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You might want to check that

May 15, 2014, 7:11 AM

They are concerned about the market in THIS country with Clowney. People in THIS country do not follow track except during the Olympics, which is every four years. You want to be a player in the shoe business...you pick a high profile guy and you pay him well. That's what that is.

Hey you are the one who used that example

May 15, 2014, 7:09 PM

I didn't bring Bolt into you did in order to say Clowney deserves more money. Well more people may know Clowney more than Bolt here (a fact I'm not completely convinced of) but that doesn't mean his contract focused on the US market is going to be more than Bolt's world-wide market.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you care?

May 15, 2014, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney's 190 million dollar deal...according to some idiot ]

1. He's not giving any to you.
2. The money is mostly incentive laden, if he doesn't perform he doesen't get it.
3. He's not giving any to you.

Congrats to clowney, he has no college education, but a wad of cash. Without good financial management it will be gone soon and he will be selling used cars.

Yeah, that can't be right.

May 15, 2014, 8:38 AM

The State needs to check their source or rephrase the statement.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic