Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney: Pay college athletes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Clowney: Pay college athletes

Feb 13, 2014, 8:46 AM

Updated: February 13, 2014, 8:35 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Don't take long for the brown paper bag to become empty
What's the value of an education, oh wait that requires going to class unless at UNC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he trying to say SEC players don't get paid?!***

Feb 13, 2014, 8:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney: Pay college athletes---Link

Feb 13, 2014, 8:50 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10449257/jadeveon-clowney-says-college-athletes-paid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clowney, your pay was all the free room, board and tuition !

Feb 13, 2014, 9:34 AM

Pay doesn't always come in the form of cash. Sometimes it's in the form of opportunity. Anyhow, we don't expect your SEC brain to comprehend that fact.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney got paid in so many ways

Feb 13, 2014, 9:40 AM

Not to mention Spurrier turning a blind eye to your insubordination and all the University of SC did to promote your career and improve your NFL status.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Very true !***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300

Feb 13, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney got paid in so many ways ]

He got caught going 110 mph in. Seriously, what college student can afford a $30,000 car? Especially one that doesn't come from a wealthy family.

one that goes to an sec school. for 1000,alex.***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300

Feb 13, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300 ]

30,000 for an '06 300?? #### I'd love to sell you my used altima

In the article I never saw the year so I assumed

Feb 13, 2014, 3:24 PM

It was a 2013

Feb 13, 2014, 1:19 PM [ in reply to You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300 ]

uh you really think anyone in the clowney family paid for that car. rotflmao. hell his dad, a convicted felon, was given a job by the president of the york county coot club, at a beer distributorship no doubt, and mr clowney was so grateful he didnt bother showing up for work. pretty bad when you have to fire a guy that will not even show up for a cush job. go ahead coots, try and disprove any of those statements. the car came from the coot car dealer in lancaster by the way. disprove that while you are at it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2014, 2:08 PM [ in reply to You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300 ]

The kind of student that is a future first round NFL pick. Banks actually give loans to those types. Go figure huh? Probably because they are certain "future millionaires". Besides, that car was 4 years old, worth maybe $10-13,000.

Feb 13, 2014, 2:21 PM

most banks actually make you start making payments after 45 days. methinks he got the "loan" from the lancaster car lot.

If they know they only have to make their savings last

Feb 13, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300 ]

3 more years until he gets paid, they can spend money more freely than most families in their situation normally would. Plus you can buy it used for less.

With football, he wouldn't have had a job.

Feb 13, 2014, 3:26 PM

Maybe he did in high school, but saving up $13k while playing ball? Doubt it.

And I doubt a bank were to give a convicted felon(his dad)

Feb 13, 2014, 3:29 PM

A $13k loan for a car even if his son were to get in the NFL, because what if he got a career ending injury or something along those lines.

Parents.***

Feb 13, 2014, 5:06 PM [ in reply to With football, he wouldn't have had a job. ]

Feb 13, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to You're forgetting about that nice Chrysler 300 ]

Have you seen Tajh Boyd's car...?

Feb 13, 2014, 2:46 PM

yep his car is older than clowneys. and guess what. his parents actually have jobs.

and the $$$ he received for signing all that memorabilia

Feb 13, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Clowney got paid in so many ways ]

Spurrier and $CU pretty much turned a blind eye to that as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He was paid as a college athlete***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:44 AM

Re: Clowney: Pay college athletes

Feb 13, 2014, 10:45 AM

They should have just paid him in crayons. I bet he would have never figured it out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney: Pay college athletes

Feb 13, 2014, 11:35 AM

These college athletes buy these cars usually a year before they turn pro. They take out a loan and pay it off once in NFL. Eric Ebron on UNC said that on twitter account. But Im with that players should be payed something. Not a large amount. They can't have a job. There no time for it plus they would be harassed while on job from fans. So they have no money to go out with friends and do other things. They need to give these kids something. Anywhere from 100-300 a week.

uhhh , No ?

Feb 13, 2014, 12:16 PM

Paying kids who recieve a four year free ride worth about 90K? That I would do anything to have recieved even one year of that gift. Guess I shoulda been better at Checkers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: uhhh , No ?

Feb 13, 2014, 1:16 PM

when I graduated in 10 tuition at 8k a year for in-state students at USC. I'm guessing its at 10/11 now, which means he gets a value of 20k a year for his scholarship max. His name alone is worth way more than that, let alone all the publicity he generates for the university. Let the man take what he earns instead of having other people profit out of his talents.

Re: uhhh , No ?

Feb 13, 2014, 2:31 PM

His name means nothing except on the recruiting trail in HS. He gets to go to an SEC school & has his likeness shamelessly promoted on TV. Yes, others made money on him, but that kind of marketing is worth millions, as he will soon find out.

He doesn't play football on TV and he'll spend his days making 20k a year for life. Maybe he prefers that path in life.

This ain't new baby, play the game and if you are good enough you get paid like a rock star when you get out. No one said it was easy, you should have to pay some dues for the marketing machine that is college football.

Those not good enough at least get the opportunity for a free education, unless of course you get "cut" or "processed" out of the system.

I got an idea WP85

Feb 13, 2014, 2:21 PM

Screw you and Clowney. Quit taking up for that moron. I disagree with paying students. Yes their names are in jerseys. That is free advertisement. They get an opportunity for a 4 year ride. How much schoolwork you think Clowney really did? He worked harder coming up with excuses this past year than he did working on studying. Is he a freak of nature? Yes! He is and he will he compensated well for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much does Clowney owe ESPN

Feb 13, 2014, 2:37 PM

For hyping him beyond reasonable belief. A first overall pick?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic