Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney 110 in a 70 news stories
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Clowney 110 in a 70 news stories

Dec 9, 2013, 4:48 PM

http://www.wistv.com/story/24174780/jadeveon-clowney-stopped-cited-with-going-110-in-a-70

Here's another one

http://www.counton2.com/story/24174779/clowney-ticketed-going-110mph-in-70mph-zone

Message was edited by: Tiger2017®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof he can't count higher than 50***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney 110 in a 70 WIS news story

Dec 9, 2013, 4:50 PM

Isn't 30+ over reckless driving and a ride to the pokey?

It is here in GA.

Dec 9, 2013, 4:56 PM

I think it is considered reckless drivings (and 6 points) - but I'm not sure about going to jail - think it depends on the circumstances

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rules on the charges

Dec 9, 2013, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Clowney 110 in a 70 WIS news story ]

At 25+ it can be written two ways, as a speeding 25+ which is six points, or depending on the circumstances (Was there a lot of traffic, was he bobbing and weaving through the traffic, etc., etc.) a 6 point reckless driving charge. It is the trooper's (officer's) discretion. That includes the going to jail for a reckless charge.

Source - I was a former SC State Tropper

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was a former trooper? double negative- coot, or just plain

Dec 9, 2013, 8:51 PM

uneducated?

Do you want to retract your previous statement tigerinneb?

Dec 10, 2013, 5:02 AM

You are correct, it is a double negative. I was typing fast and not paying attention. Mistakes happen. Such as your lack of capitalization and your incomplete sentences. So before you start critiquing someones grammar, please make sure you are practicing what you're preaching.

As far as the coot comment, are things that bad in your life that you feel the need to go around looking for the slightest thing to call someone a coot for? If so, please go ahead and call me a coot all you want, if that makes you feel better. My Clemson season tickets, my car that has had thousands of miles driven to Clemson away games, and I know that I am the furthest thing from a coot. You are not hurting my feelings in the least.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that can't be true, no way he can drive that fast with

an ingrown toenail, and a shredded dread. I mean those things kept him from playing, so I surely would think they would keep him from driving a car.

Quality first post, TU***

40 mph over the limit? Will Korncoot request the dash cam?***

Jun 1, 2023, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or discuss the model and year of his car? Which I bet is a

Dec 9, 2013, 4:57 PM

lot newer and nicer that Sammy's.

Those boosters in Rock Hill do a great job.

40 MPH over the limit isn't just speeding....

Dec 9, 2013, 5:00 PM [ in reply to 40 mph over the limit? Will Korncoot request the dash cam?*** ]

it's wreckless driving.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That' what I was thinking. I know people that have been

Dec 9, 2013, 5:02 PM

taken in for going 40mph over the speed limit.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

It's left to the discretion of the officer.

Dec 9, 2013, 5:12 PM

Years ago I got stopped and ticketed for going 65 in a 35 through a small town in Spartanburd County, although my actual speed was closer to 50 or 55.

The officer accused me crossing left of center as I rounded a curve and attempted to charge me with wreckless driving.

After I pointed out that the road on which I was traveling did not have a curve but was straight as a sting and that he was in no position to see me even if I had crossed left of center (he was sitting down in parking lot that was well below the grede level of the street), he relented and just charged me with speeding but he charged me with +30 rather than the actual +20.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it could definite cause a wreck. It is reckless, though

Dec 9, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to 40 MPH over the limit isn't just speeding.... ]

:)

Will wonder why he wasn't driving one that would go faster***

Dec 9, 2013, 6:48 PM [ in reply to 40 mph over the limit? Will Korncoot request the dash cam?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 4:54 PM

Its not fair the speed limit signs were not in Crayon he counted read them.

null

Steve Spurrier....

Dec 9, 2013, 4:54 PM

He violated a traffic law, he was ticketed for it, he will pay the fine and that will be the end of it. He has been punished enough. No further disciplinary action will be taken.

Re: Steve Spurrier....

Dec 9, 2013, 6:21 PM

I bet he won't even see court before Jan 1.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

cop that pulled him is smarter than the moron

Dec 9, 2013, 4:56 PM

Who got Dabo..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

wonder if the tag on the car said JayZ***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder which Rock Hill dealership gave him the car?***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not reckless driving

Dec 9, 2013, 5:01 PM

Or a trip to jail per my state trooper buddy. I thought it was myself but he said that stuff isn't true. It's just a ridiculous speeding ticket

Wreckless driving is left to the discretion of the officer***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:02 PM

....the discretion of the Highway Coot-trollman.***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:05 PM

I don't know why your buddy would say that, but try going

Dec 9, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to It's not reckless driving ]

over 110 on the highway and see what happens.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Someone should demand the dash cam video

Dec 9, 2013, 5:05 PM

and make a huge deal about it like the coots did with Sammy's arrest and Dabo being pulled over!! Give them a taste of their own medicine

bigcu is correct.. the cop can hit you for

Dec 9, 2013, 5:06 PM

Reckless any time she wants. My brother got hit for reckless for doing 35 in a KMart parking lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

It is based largely on circumstances.***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:13 PM

Re: Correct.***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:28 PM

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: I don't know why your buddy would say that, but try going

Dec 9, 2013, 5:07 PM

He said it because I asked why didn't clowney get arrested. He said they don't do that unless the person does something aside from speed. Like run people off the road, weave in and out of traffic dangerously. He is a straight shooter and just said the facts. It's simple as that. He has absolutely no reason to sugar coat it. He also just said he knows clowney has been pulled over for speeding several times but not that fast.

It's just like they can give you

Dec 9, 2013, 5:11 PM

A ticket for to fast for conditions if you are going 1 mph. It all depends on the attitude of person involved. For example, a snobby college girl bumped into the person in front of her at a red light while it was red. She got an attitude and a "to fast for conditions" ticket for moving 1 mph when the light was red. Conditions called for 0 mph lol. I found it humorous

Person(s) involved...***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my best

Friend who is a trooper said he usually arrests anyone for over 30 but its left up to the patrolman.

He would have arrested Clowney had it been him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem...dismissed in court, no points, SCSHP...

...getting signed footballs for gifts for Christmas for the kids!

It's all good...different rules for star USuC players.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Paging Neal Lourie, paging Neal Lourie !!!***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:30 PM

the ticket

Dec 9, 2013, 5:14 PM

Happened Saturday night, wasn't it raining up in that area? If so, he should have been charged/ticketed a little more

Speed limits are intentionally lower to generate revenue for

Dec 9, 2013, 5:39 PM

police, so I'm sure he was being safe doing 110 on a very straight piece of highway. I don't have a problem with this.

That said, the way South Carolina fans reacted with Dabo's speeding ticket, I think it is only fair game considering this is a much larger speeding violation...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

SEC speed.

Dec 9, 2013, 6:21 PM

I'm surprised the cops could even catch him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC speed.

Dec 9, 2013, 9:00 PM

I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!

Highway Patrolman was scared of Clowney so he didn't take

Dec 9, 2013, 6:43 PM

him to the pokey. The Patrolman is also a card carrying fan of Tajh Boyd, Aaron Murray and Zack Mettinberger.

coot cop and/or his famuily willl be rewarded

Dec 9, 2013, 8:46 PM

pensions not needed by him

Re: Clowney 110 in a 70 news stories

Dec 9, 2013, 6:48 PM

What an absolute mockery. A waste of space for a human.

Prediction: Clown is wounded in first game next year in NFL and NEVER amounts to anything (not that he ever did) in the pro's. Oh... and has NO college degree either. Dies at 45 from stroke. Again... mockery.

Clowney is so close to that NFL money now he can taste it...

Dec 9, 2013, 8:57 PM

Hope this isn't a harbinger of how he's going to behave once it actually arrives. So much talent, such a small window to put it to full use. I hope he survives it all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a speeding ticket going 23 over.......

Dec 10, 2013, 5:38 AM

....the speed limit in a small Georgia town. My ticket cost me $350, but the officer told me if I mailed in my payment before my court date I could include a note asking for no points on my license. I did just that and sure enough the judge signed off on the "no points". I worked for an insurance agent and she looked up my MVR and..... no points on my license.

But, yeah. I agree that Clowney going that fast is stupid.

Dec 10, 2013, 5:42 AM

NFL=Not For Long. Stupid is for life. Sad, just sad. I hope this man child finds an earthly angle to look out for his interests or I suspect he will leave the NFL broke and uneducated.

Dec 10, 2013, 5:59 AM

..... or maybe his NFL veteran teammates can be people he learns from and grows up. We all make mistakes and alot of them are stupid.

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic