Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Closed the gap game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Closed the gap game

Dec 27, 2019, 6:02 AM

A few thoughts -
- If I were an OSU fan, I would be excited because the makeup of the Bucs is different. Three years spent getting in faster players; a rebuild that started in 2016. A new DC and a defense that with a strong secondary and line.

- I think OSU wanted a rematch vs OK more than they did not eat to play us. That's why looks on faces, etc.

- And this game will measure how much the gap has closed. I find it hard to believe that the gap is still 31 points. Unlike many on here, I think it will be a hard game and will take some great plays. And the turnover battle.

- OSU wants to confuse TL enough to get a turnover or two, particularly at the start of the game. We say it won't happen but Vanebles did it to Tua, so while not likely, I would hate to spot them some points. If they can't confuse, they want to contain and rattle. It's clear from thier comments they hope to do this.

- Another question is if our team tips off plays in some way. Hafley's players say this is one of his gifts, seeing what plays a team will run and calling the right D, real-time.

They are being mentally prepared that we will score and they have to get back up and come at us. It sounds like stronger coaching than Meyer.

Galloway is our wildcard. The TE pass will really challenge them.

When we get 200 yards rushing, 200 yards passing, we have what, 0 or 1 losses? So I will watch that and have fun seeing

On D, I am really looking forward to the game. l think they will start strong and then Venebles will adjust.

Have they closed the gap? Yes. But we are better too. Should be a fun game. And may the best team that night win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Closed the gap game

Dec 27, 2019, 6:19 AM

Nothing of the last several years including this year makes me think Ohio State has closed the talent or the coaching gap that we saw in 2016. However Ohio State does have an interesting history as the one team in the last 18 years to rise up from that northern ilk and compete.

The Maurice Clarette / Jim Tressel coached 2002-2003 team rose up and competed with a great Miami team.

The 2014 Cardale Jones / Urban Meyer coached team destroyed Alabama and Oregon.

Two national championships in a sea of Alabama, Clemson, FSU, LSU, USC tell us that Ohio State is the one team that can recruit and coach well enough to join the Championship club at least for occasional years

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Closed the gap game

Dec 27, 2019, 7:06 AM

Somewhat disagree on the recruiting. They’ve always recruited as of late. No other teams around there to challenge them. Penny state tries but imo the the big thing is he has it right, they’ve re-engineered the offense with speed. They, like LSU and Bama copied us.

However, that being said, as you rightfully posted- they stole one of those championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they did. Miami had the better team.

Dec 27, 2019, 7:37 AM

Phantom PI

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic