Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Climate warriors with sad faces today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Climate warriors with sad faces today

Sep 25, 2020, 6:11 PM

Cheer up. There may be deadly hurricanes later.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It’s almost like the Atlantic and the Gulf had a bad case of the poops

Sep 25, 2020, 6:18 PM

Now it’s in that stage where you’re washing your undies and refilling the TP just in case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that doesn't prove that climate science is a hoax, I

Sep 25, 2020, 6:20 PM

don't know what does. Science, lol. Keep that sorcery away from me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Climate warriors with sad faces today

Sep 25, 2020, 6:21 PM

i love hurricanes, they are awesome, especially when you live on the Atlantic Coast of South Florida. It's like, please let there be a hurricane. I want my house to get flooded and find my elderly neighbor floating in the pool.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Extra lulz if the neighbor is DEAD

Sep 25, 2020, 6:26 PM

{laugh emoji}

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Extra lulz if the neighbor is DEAD

Sep 25, 2020, 6:57 PM

true story actually. it just hasn't happened to me yet.

Re: Extra lulz if the neighbor is DEAD

Sep 27, 2020, 1:26 PM

So if you don't believe in global warming then you want neighbor dead and floating in pool. Yes, we can read between the lines.

Be careful, it's a long way down off that horse.

Sep 25, 2020, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Climate warriors with sad faces today ]

Sep 27, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Climate warriors with sad faces today ]

i love hurricanes, they are awesome, especially when you live on the Atlantic Coast of South Florida. It's like, please let there be a hurricane. I want my house to get flooded and find my elderly neighbor floating in the pool.

That's cool, I don't like your elderly neighbor either.

Next time it rains just push him in the pool.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 6:26 PM

Oh hell, I thought everything was ok. June 3,2008--..."this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."--from BHO's nomination victory speech.Obviously we can check that box off, as the Obama's bought a seven bedroom home on almost 30 waterfront acres on Martha's Vineyard late 2019. I'm now motivated to finally pull the trigger on a much simpler place on Kiawah. Thank you Mr Obama for alleviating my fears about buying coastal property. I can't see him dropping a cool $12 million for the chance to surf fish from his porch in a few decades or is it 12 years before we all die?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 6:32 PM

To be fair, it is getting warmer. I don't know what the ideal temperature is though and unless China and India get on board, I can't see how the US can have a dramatic impact on changing the climate back to whatever is deemed ideal.

Sep 25, 2020, 10:34 PM

It's been getting warmer ever since the last ice age. If Yellowstone blows it's top and it is a super-eruption, the next big cool down will come from the ash cloud that will hang around for years.

COVID will seem like a sniffle compared to the lives lost to that explosion. It has been predicted by scientists that a super-eruption of Yellowstone could kill 5 Billion people world wide. BTW, Yellowstone would NOT blow because of global warming but thats the way the planet works.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yellowstone is a park***

Sep 26, 2020, 12:58 PM

If you saw Kiawah after Hugo, that statement would take on

Sep 25, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Climate warriors with sad faces today ]

new meaning... I was there boarding up our place and didn't see a single soul when I left at about 5:30 on the day it hit.

I tried to return the next day but it was under martial law. I made it back a little over a week later. There were gators and deer still wandering around like "What happened?"... There was a lot of damage to buildings, but even more to the vegetation.

Kiawah was truly lucky to be on the west side of the eye wall... My point: Hurricanes can hit anywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you saw Kiawah after Hugo, that statement would take on

Sep 26, 2020, 11:45 AM

Agree. I was being facetious about buying coastal property. For 2 weeks a year I am just fine to pony up the rent without worrying about regime fees, Charleston county taxes and insurance on property east of 17. It's a source of contention with my wife. Yep, every coastal area is potentially under the gun. I actually flew into CHS very shortly after Hugo and was stunned looking out of the plane at the timber strewn everywhere like matchsticks.

Well, we went through the alphabet and September isn't

Sep 25, 2020, 7:41 PM

over yet.

Sep 27, 2020, 12:12 PM

swimmer,

Let me ask you a serious question: What would it take for you to acknowledge that climate change is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with ? What would have to happen for you to take it seriously ?

Sep 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

he would have turn off Fox news for at least a month.

Sep 27, 2020, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Climate warriors with sad faces today ]

Can your climate change scientists come up with a way to prevent millions of micrometeors per day from crashing through our atmosphere or how to deflect solar flares and EMP's?

Dood, pull your head out.

Sep 28, 2020, 3:33 PM

next,

What the heck are you talking about ??

Sep 27, 2020, 3:08 PM

Yeah, it says "in the next 48 hours", go ahead and hang your hat on the next 2 days.

Ignore the facts, and no activity in 2 days means there are no climate changes:

"The 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is an ongoing tropical cyclone season which has featured tropical cyclone formation at an unprecedented rate. So far, it has featured a total of 24 tropical or subtropical cyclones, 23 named storms, 8 hurricanes, and 2 major hurricanes.[nb 1] With 23 named storms, it is the second most active Atlantic hurricane season on record"

And we're still just in September.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Atlantic_hurricane_season

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic