Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Plow Right: Man who dragged Gamecock says South Carolina game "did something to me"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Plow Right: Man who dragged Gamecock says South Carolina game "did something to me"

Jun 23, 2020, 8:01 AM

Plow Right: Man who dragged Gamecock says South Carolina game "did something to me"

Emory Smith might be known outside of South Carolina as the brother of former Florida Gator and Dallas Cowboys star Emmitt Smith, but to Clemson fans Smith will always be known as the man who drug a Gamecock down the field. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like his positive comment about Mt. Rushmore.

Jun 23, 2020, 8:09 AM

refreshing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

How can you write this article and not post the video of

Jun 23, 2020, 9:10 AM

the run. Personally, I don't need it because it is permanently embellished in my brain, but the yougsters on here would get a kick out of it...

Re: How can you write this article and not post the video of

Jun 23, 2020, 9:17 AM

Trying to find that video, but no luck yet! If anyone finds it please post.

lol was thinking the same thing, Spud.***

Jun 23, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to How can you write this article and not post the video of ]

Re: TNET: Plow Right: Man who dragged Gamecock says South Carolina game "did something to me"

Jun 23, 2020, 9:13 AM

I loved watching him block the most but he was a determined runner also. He’s definitely a Clemson man ????, Thank you Emory, we miss you and love ya man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Video of the play

Jun 23, 2020, 9:14 AM

Found a video on YouTube showing the play:
https://youtu.be/B-Nwjps7l4g

Starts around 4:40 of the highlight reel.

Thank you!

Jun 23, 2020, 12:46 PM

I haven't seen that play since the game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: TNET: Plow Right: Man who dragged Gamecock says South Carolina game "did something to me"

Jun 23, 2020, 9:15 AM

Thanks SPUD for video evidence. I was at most of these games but on young side to remember these highlights.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Hey-youngstersGo-to-the-436-markTigers-been-draggin-1839073

Jun 23, 2020, 9:16 AM

Great story about Emory Smith! Thanks Tigernet staff!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the video of that play

Jun 23, 2020, 9:59 AM

https://youtu.be/upNCMTvZ-OI?list=PLYPNXT-J87j6bzZQkfNvAA1xTZ-5SeOFB&t=9323

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Click on the link below the video***

Jun 23, 2020, 9:59 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the video of that play

Jun 23, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Here's the video of that play ]

Crazy how much Brad Scott and Jeff Scott look alike when you see Brad when he was coaching the Dumpster Fire ??, the coaching graveyard.

I’m glad we recognized how valuable Brad Scott was and Jeff Scott came to Clemson. They were the best ‘Ster Fire ?? ever had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 23, 2020, 10:07 AM

One of my favorite "unsung hero" players, and underrated for sure. I loved watching him play. He was a mack truck.

One of my favorite [and unfortunately hazy] memories of him was a game when on our opening drive it was 3 straight handoffs to Emory and he was just destroying the defense. So they loaded the box to stop him, and play #4 was something like a 50-yard bomb down the field. Might have even been a scoring pass. It was amazing. Wish I could remember the specific game and year so I could look up the stats. I think it was against GT in Atlanta, when Emmitt Smith made a cameo on our sidelines. Might have been Maryland. I can no longer recall with certainty.

Jun 23, 2020, 11:46 AM

Hard work and team player always remind me of Emory Swift. Proud we can call him a Clemson Man.
Thanks David.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 12:03 PM

I agree Rodney!

Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 23, 2020, 12:16 PM

Yes. He did that right in front of where I was sitting. It was fantastic to watch. I think South Carolina announced after that game they were not seating any more Clemson fans on the sidelines.

Thank you, David Hood

Jun 23, 2020, 12:49 PM

I thought about Emory a few weeks ago and wondered what he was doing these days.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 23, 2020, 5:11 PM

Thanks for this! Love Emory. One of my all time favorite Tigers!

Emory was rock solid

Jun 23, 2020, 9:42 PM

Thanks and job well done sir!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic