Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's super secret super weapon. We have two.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Clemson's super secret super weapon. We have two.

Sep 18, 2012, 9:29 AM

AE's hands.

Haven't run the wheel route all year. That'll leave AE with a LB on him. CJ never had the WR's to draw all the secondary. FSU's defense is over their heads. How they gonna study a play they don't have on film?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's super secret super weapon. We have two.

Sep 18, 2012, 9:32 AM

Skeptical. I know he has been working on it this off-season, but it seems like he has always been sub par in this category. I hope he proves me wrong because I love watching a back do some damage in the flats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there any area AE hasn't improved on this year?***

Sep 18, 2012, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we'll see three things against them....

Sep 18, 2012, 9:34 AM

1. AE will get some touches out of the backfield. I think we'll swing it to him, and check down more to him.

2. Misdirections and screens - Morris will use their speed against them. I think we'll see some mis-direction stuff, with TB getting several called runs. The screen game will be key as well. I look for that to slow them down.

3. I don't know if this is in, but I have been waiting to see some option. I think we will. I think we'll see a few option looks, especially when motioning someone to the backfield.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I think we'll see three things against them....

Sep 18, 2012, 9:36 AM

The option could be a weapon. Their ends are uber aggressive, and could perhaps find themselves out of position.

We saw a little option against AU.

Sep 18, 2012, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I think we'll see three things against them.... ]

Only to the right if I remember correctly.

we give the look alot by carrying out the fake...

Sep 18, 2012, 9:41 AM

we did it with Sammy against Furman after he motioned in

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The offense has really been pretty vanilla up to this point

Sep 18, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I think we'll see three things against them.... ]

and I believe that has been by design. I think it's a fairly safe bet that we will see some new wrinkles this weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Add the jet sweep package with Watkins. Haven't even

Sep 18, 2012, 9:44 AM [ in reply to I think we'll see three things against them.... ]

seen that much this year (if any) and there is supposedly more of that in Chad's playbook.

Good point.

Sep 18, 2012, 9:50 AM

We should start a 'What we haven't see Clemson's O do this year,' thread. I'd forgotten that one too.

wasn't his TD on a jet sweep?***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Add the jet sweep package with Watkins. Haven't even ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no... he was offset to Boyd's left...***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:14 AM

Re: wasn't his TD on a jet sweep?***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:14 AM [ in reply to wasn't his TD on a jet sweep?*** ]

I know his TD was a sort of sweep but I thought he cut inside too soon for it to be called a sweep play.

You might be right but I though a sweep went all the way around the corner and up the sideline. I guess it's just semantics.

Heck, he was 10 yds downfield before I even saw him .. LOL***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering we only used 40-50% of the play book....

Sep 18, 2012, 9:42 AM

Chad is going to open the flood gates on them. We were so vanilla on offense the past few weeks that you could almost tell Tajh and the offense was kind of bored. I can't wait to see a few wrinkles like we did last year. I especially liked that one play against UNC when Sammy took the ball for a sweep and tossed it to Bellamy going the other way, caught every defender flat footed. This kind of things are what makes an aggressive D pull back and think instead of attack.

I don't think we've seen that much of it.***

Sep 18, 2012, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It looked as if Tajh was throwing to the WR with the most...

Sep 18, 2012, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Considering we only used 40-50% of the play book.... ]

guys covering him. Sometimes I though Ball State and Furman had 12 guys in the secondary.

Shhhhhhhh!!!

Sep 18, 2012, 9:46 AM

What if Jimbo reads Tigernet!!??

Did I say all that outloud?

Sep 18, 2012, 9:59 AM

DOH!

Hmm, could be right????????????/

Sep 18, 2012, 10:33 AM

Wondered why they have not thrown to AE all year when he asked to be thrown to!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring back the Panther play from the '04 Peach Bowl***

Sep 18, 2012, 10:47 AM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic