Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson’s oldest known alumnus buried today, class of ‘36
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Clemson’s oldest known alumnus buried today, class of ‘36

Nov 5, 2018, 5:21 PM

Today I attended the funeral of Lieutenant Colonel Al H Stuckey who at 103 years old, was the oldest known Clemson Alum alive. He graduated in 1936 and thereafter joined the Army and served in the Pacific theatre in WWII and later Korea. He rose to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel before settling in Hickory, NC to become High School teacher in the 1960s. He was a lifelong die hard Clemson fan.
Attached pic, you will see him at a function we went to by the Fellowship of Christian Athletes in which Coach Swinney personally thanked Al and recognized him as the oldest Alum. Dabo was amazed quite simply. Dabo pondered in fact that as a military college in the 1930s all students were required to have rifles and now that would get you in trouble. Dabo gave him signed football, helmet and many other Clemson paraphernalia. It was a great gesture toward a man who at over 100 had seen it all when it came to Clemson University. Al in fact donated to the Alimni fund for over 80 years!
And today at funeral, there was a Clemson memorial, a wreath sent by University and to top it off, Tiger Rag playing inside church at end service!
Here’s to Colonel Al Stuckey! A true Clemson man through and through! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic