Topic: Clemson's Recruiting is a Self-Cullilng Mechanism That
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 21, 2018 11:42 PM by: LeverBeach85
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Clemson's Recruiting is a Self-Cullilng Mechanism That

[11]
Posted: Dec 21, 2018 6:57 PM

For the most part weeds out kids that would for some reason not fit well at Clemson. There is a bit of culture difference and a workman like culture interspersed with self-accountability that is not for everyone.

When we lose a kid to another top 10 program it hurts but you generally understand it. When you lose a kid to that rahtard farm in Knoxville it tells you the kid is either addled or was not going to have the style and work ethic to play at Clemson. Not trying to be elitist but Dabo's program, mostly is turning out great character kids and is likely recruiting most heavily those types.

I am generally chalking up losses like Crouch to a highly talented kid not wanting to share the spotlight, be accountable and do the school work and field work to win. Not everybody wants that, look at Rashan Gary....dude just wanted fastest trip to NFL and 7 figure contract. Hey good for him, in hindsight that type player is more of a rarity a Clemson.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Yup...crouch must like to do all the bad things in the bible

[2]
Posted: Dec 21, 2018 6:58 PM

Clearly

What's unique about Gary? He played 3 years and is now

[2]
Posted: Dec 21, 2018 7:43 PM

going pro. Sounds just like big Dex to me.

His HS coach was given a job at Michigan

[3]
Posted: Dec 21, 2018 7:45 PM

around the same time he chose to go there.

2019 white level member

The Gary commitment on ESPN was and will always

[3]
Posted: Dec 21, 2018 9:30 PM

be one of the strangest events I've ever seen in sports.

The kid looked absolutely miserable. idk maybe he was just nervous but look at his face. He just looks very unhappy to me. I wonder if he wanted to come to CU but for whatever reason didn't feel like he could. Half the folks in the video looked like that though, soo, maybe I'm not reading the room well.

https://youtu.be/0YF-VTg2wyY

2019 white level member

Re: The Gary commitment on ESPN was and will always

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 11:34 PM

Yeah, after watching that live at the time, and lack of excitement, I thought we were better off with out.

I LOOOVE self Culling myself...

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 11:42 PM

Especially to 5? on p??nhub

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4-Section W...$3600 for the four. Email if interested. Go Tigers!! Payment can be made in full or ha...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1580 people have read this post