Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's Clowney? Haha!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,571

Clemson's Clowney? Haha!

Aug 8, 2013, 12:41 PM

Did anyone else just hear ESPN say Clemson's Clowney when discussing the players in the autograph scandal? I threw up a little when they combined his name with Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish we had Clowney and so should you.***

Aug 8, 2013, 12:58 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish we had Clowney and so should you.***

Aug 8, 2013, 1:05 PM

Doo Doo Clown? The equipment folks would hate those skidmarks. Wonder if the Shamecocks have to budget for extra bleach?

A player with Clown E's abilities? Yes.

Aug 8, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I wish we had Clowney and so should you.*** ]

Clown E has more than proven to be a me me me player that doesn't even come close to representing a student athlete.

He's just fine where he is. Good fit.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson's Clowney? Haha!

Aug 8, 2013, 2:12 PM

Clowney has yet to do anything that would embarrass Clemson University if he would have signed with them

It is one thing to hate USC with a passion

It is another to attack a student athlete who by all accts is a model student and teammate

I think Sammy really messed up with marijuana and Adderall and he truly seemed remorseful and I think most "coots" appreciate his big play ability and let things go with him. Like it or not USC has actually run a pretty clean program while winning which only begs for people to check even harder in to your program.

there is nothing that Clowney has done to deserve the vitriol he gets on this website.

Along the same lines, Spurrier has been a winner for years and has a magnificent record with NCAA compliance. The NCAA, other coaches, and even educated fans comment regularly on how clean an operation he runs. He gets Dabo mad when you start to question his teams because he is passionate about that. Now his other personality traits can be debated but his coaching and running a clean program are as clean as they get.

Whitney gate was an actual deal with a former nice Condo unit idea that failed and turned Hotel yet before going under thought they would let students pay them to have 2 room suites. It is a dump and has been for years. Athletes were staying there paying rent just like other students. When a few students and 3-4 athletes were found to not be paying their bills, Spurrier jumped in and made them move and pay back their monthly rent amts before playing in a game. Even to the extent he dropped a future NFL tight end from the team who by the way even after signing a big NFL contract never went back and paid his money owed.

The delusion is strong with this one...

Aug 8, 2013, 2:21 PM

A little refresher here... Whitneygate was not just about overdue bills. The main problem was that the bills were significantly lower than any other person off the street would incur. They were getting a significant break on rent from the USC booster that ran the joint. Spurrier can say he knew nothing about it, but even if that's the case, shame on him.

As for him running a clean program... that's laughable. The amount of oversigning he has done while at USC is absolutely appauling. I did the research on this a year or so ago, but in a 4 year span, he had signed over 100 players. Keep in mind, you are only allowed 85 scholarships. Meanwhile, Clemson signed 85 in that time period. It's easy to create depth when you oversign by about 5 players every year, then just kick the ones that don't pan out to the curb.

Spurrier is a slimeball and always has been.

null

Your spelling is "appalling"

Aug 8, 2013, 2:28 PM

I'm ready for the first link from any former player that has ONE bad thing about the way they were treated under Spurrier. Every school in the country oversigns...you sign just 85 then you're just stupid. Academic, injuries, and circumstances change...the next class you sign where 100% go through four years on the team and graduate will be your first.

Re: Your spelling is "appalling"

Aug 8, 2013, 3:10 PM

I'm pretty sure the two players that were offered scholarships two years ago, then were made aware they would not be receiving LOIs the NIGHT BEFORE signing day would have some choice words for Spurrier and the way he runs his program.

Sure, I understand that every program oversigns a little bit. Attrition via the NFL draft and transfers happens. However, 20 players in 4 years is a bit much. You can look around the rest of the NCAA to see SCAR is up near the top of the list when it comes to oversigning. Spurrier runs a scummy operation and you know it.

null

Old, but, ya know

Aug 8, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Your spelling is "appalling" ]

Applicable:

http://gamecocks.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1121426856

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20050728/NEWS/507280319

http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/25308

But hey, as long as he wins, it evens out, right?

Clemson

Saying south carolina has ran a clean program is laughable***

Aug 8, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Clowney? Haha! ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Clemson's Clowney? Haha!

Aug 8, 2013, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Clowney? Haha! ]

> It is another to attack a student athlete who by all
> accts is a model student

LMAO! Thanks for the laugh of the day!

Humor me some more. You got a reputable link for this shart?

Clowney is a model student? lol***

Aug 8, 2013, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson's Clowney? Haha! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Clowney is a student?

Aug 8, 2013, 5:42 PM

Didn't know that.

To our resident Coot Trolls

Aug 8, 2013, 5:47 PM

EFF OFF!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive