Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson women's basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson women's basketball

Nov 4, 2012, 6:28 PM

Lost to Anderson College Friday 72-67. Today, the usuck women beat AC 88-31. Umoh will be taken to the woodshed by Dawn Staley when they play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson women's basketball

Nov 4, 2012, 7:19 PM

Dude. Really she should take her to the wood shed. Its not apples to apples at this point. Umoh took over a program that had fallen so far. Littered with players that should not even have scholarships on this level.

She just got her first good class. She got rid of some of the bad seeds. One being her best player from last year. The year before she got rid of the best pg on the roster. She loves clemson and realized she had to clean up the program and take losses to make it attractive to any real players. It has taken a couple years just to do that. She is starting from scratch to completely rebuild the program it seems. The team gpa was at its lowest point ever in a freaking womans sport and now it is at its highest point ever. The freshman class is the best group ever assembled and will be good one day. ONE DAY. Not good in women's sports when the best players are freshman especially in the mighty ACC. They will be crushed but the future is bright with patience.

Its a womens sport and i might be a lil harsh if it were football but it was in the worst possible place when she took over. Give me a freakin break. I am all for lighting a fire under coaches but if I see improvement like recruiting is getting better, this year is the first real year, gpa is better, players not getting in trouble like they were, kids actually want to come here now and they compete. I checked and 10 fresh and sophs on roster and that counts transfers sitting out a year and injured players so no depth because you kick players off who were your best players but trouble makers. Get it yet. Only ranked recruit in first class tore ACL this past spring. I'm sure there is even stuff I don't know about. This is just the public stuff.

If she beats Dawn Staley or anybody with this group THEY should be fired. The program under Davis was a thousands times better and you can argue that the real mistake was letting him go and letting the program sink now we gotta let it go through this.

Doesn't seem to be an easy job. How about we cheer for these kids understanding what they are going through. Must be real hard for some of them but they are trying but they are severely overmatched. I saw the exhibition and even as bad as it looked it looked better than the past two years. Believe that? Thats because you haven't seen it with your own eyes. The freshman were the best players but were lost and still expected to do everything. LOL Encouraging and sad at the same time.

They stink. They really stink. Its like Shyatts crew when she took over but women if not worse.

Nov 4, 2012, 10:17 PM

Getting talent is half of the job, the other half is knowing what to do with it. There is absolutely NO REASON for an ACC school to EVER lose to a SAC school. Mind you, Anderson was picked 8th out of 10 teams in the SAC. She has a reputation of being a helluva recruiter. Unfortunately, when you hire someone who has only been an assistant, you don't know what they are going to do when the timeout pressure, game prep, and day-to-day operations fall on him/her. Bottom line is she appears to be failing in the area of game prep and coaching. I have seen them play and know the game of women's basketball, they are too loose, lack discipline, and have a lot more talent than the Anderson team that beat them the other night. No excuse for that.

Nov 4, 2012, 10:20 PM

One more note...Purnell hadn't won only five ACC games in his first two years at CU. By year 3, he was in the NCAA tourney. Don't think CUWBB is on that same path. Hope I'm wrong, but just an observation.

Not true

Nov 4, 2012, 11:32 PM

It took Purnell 5 years to get to the NCAA Tourney. Give it time

Re: Not true

Nov 5, 2012, 7:52 AM

Sorry about that, my intent was to write "post-season play." Obviously it was past my bedtime! Thanks for the correction.

Nov 4, 2012, 8:19 PM

Have you seen the Team photo?

There are several that are seriously not in shape!

I forgot is Round a shape?

This is the last thing I want to see when I'm looking for

Nov 5, 2012, 1:13 PM

stuff about baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic