Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do you guys see this playoff shaking out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

How do you guys see this playoff shaking out?

Dec 7, 2017, 9:58 AM

I think the championship will be Clemson vs UGA.

I don't see OU winning, they aren't physical or good at tackling. UGA is at the least as athletic, significantly more physical, and better coached on D. I got UGA by 10+.

I think Alabama is a better version of Miami this year. Everyone keeps saying Bryant is the key, well I don't think he has to be perfect bc Jalen hurts is a huge liability throwing the ball. Also Alabama does not have a very good ol this year. I think Clemson wins in a low scoring game but will be clearly in control throughout. Maybe 17-10?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^ About same as my thoughts..

Dec 7, 2017, 10:00 AM

10 point wins by CU & UGa

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately I forsee

Dec 7, 2017, 10:00 AM

A few cheap beer hangovers. .I'm not looking foward to them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

you really should not strive for that hangover

Dec 7, 2017, 10:03 AM

go for a much more expensive hangover

drink good beer - not that cheap crap

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: you really should not strive for that hangover

Dec 7, 2017, 12:58 PM

or even better, good bourbon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be ideal*****

Dec 7, 2017, 10:02 AM

That would be Awesome...

Dec 7, 2017, 12:59 PM

As long as I'm able to get a ticket through IPTAY. If not, I hope for Oklahoma

Oklahoma has the most balanced offense in the country.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:15 AM

Given their experience and talent at QB versus the one dimensional Georgia team with a true freshman QB, I give the edge to Oklahoma. It's much easier to stop a one dimensional running team than a balanced team with a great passing attack. Yes, they don't play great defense in the Big 12, but they don't play great offense in the SEC.

Oklahoma vs. Clemson in the Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the other hand, maybe OU's D can't stop the run...

Dec 7, 2017, 10:24 AM

and Georgia owns the time of possession. It could happen. I give the edge to the Sooners as well, but you never know how it all shakes out.

If Georgia can't stop the balanced Oklahoma offense, it

Dec 7, 2017, 10:30 AM

won't matter if Georgia can run the ball. The offense will have to abandon the run to keep up and they don't have the firepower. Oklahoma can do either.

Re: Oklahoma has the most balanced offense in the country.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Oklahoma has the most balanced offense in the country. ]

I thought that too until the SEC championship game. Fromm has gotten better every week. His stats are comparable to KB but with more passing TDs. On top of that OU won't be able to get to him. UGA has the 2nd best OL in the playoffs. I personally no homer orange glasses on, believe Clemson has the best OL in the playoffs. I also see OU has the same issue it had in 2015 their OTs aren't quick and have sloppy footwork. Luckily for OU Mayfield is good at throwing on the run. UGA has theDEs and LBs to contain and Chase down Mayfield, something no teams in the big 12 have.

null

Georgia is 55th in the nation in sacks. None of their

Dec 7, 2017, 10:57 AM

defensive players are in the top 116 in the nation in sacks.

Re: Oklahoma has the most balanced offense in the country.

Dec 7, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Oklahoma has the most balanced offense in the country. ]

I think Oklahoma actually scored more points in 2015 than in 2017 against FBS teams through championship week (if not, it was close) and we saw how that worked out.
Nevertheless, with these 4 teams I think any one of them could win it all. Kicking game obviously could hurt us unless we have the TD to FG attempt ratio we had in the playoffs last year.

I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:16 AM

I also don't think Hurts is the liability at QB people on here want to make him out to be. He's a 2 yr starter with big game experience and torches us for 31 last yr. Do people think he got worse?
Bama Clemson is a toss up, and Ok beats UGA by double digits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:30 AM

He torched last year's D with his legs. Then blown coverages didn't help, throw in BigBen getting isolated and poof theres easy cheap yards. Loved Ben but he was the weak link last year. Didn't OJ Howard have another big game last year? Leading me to another point, yes Hurts got worse he locks in on Ridley and rarely checks down.

null

Re: I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok. ]

I just looked at hurts stats last year's game. 13/31 131yds 1td....

null

Hurts has gotten worse. He's passed for one third fewer yds

Dec 7, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok. ]

and one third fewer touchdowns and half as many completions.

In his biggest game against Auburn he was 12 of 22 for 112 yards.

Hurts is the worst QB in the final four

Dec 7, 2017, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I think UGA doesn't belong. I don't believe they'll be able to stop Ok. ]

Look at his stats vs MS State, LSU, Auburn, and FSU. I think his highest completion percentage was 55%.

He's the reason we were able to spot Bama 14 point last year and come back and win. He cannot sustain drives and convert 3rd downs with his arm. His flaws are masked by Bama's run game, but against teams that can hold up to their line and backs, Hurts cannot move the ball consistently.

Last year we gave up 2 big runs to Scarborough, a big run by Hurts and a blown coverage on OJ Howard. Those 4 plays totaled 150 of their 376 Total yards. If we don't make mistakes we keep them under 300 yards easily. This years defense seems to allow fewer big plays. I don't expected them to gain over 300 yards or score more than 20 on us unless we have turnovers.

Worse than Fromm?***

Dec 7, 2017, 11:49 AM

I think so

Dec 7, 2017, 1:17 PM

Fromm's weakness seems to be his ability to diagnose defenses, understandable for true Freshman. His throwing ability and accuracy downfield seem to indicate he's a good passer when he has time to make his reads.

Hurts is simply not accurate with the football with any consistency. Yes he can hit wide open receivers when defenses have to sell out to stop the run, but against good defense where Bama can't just run over the opposition, he struggles to throw downfield or when the is any type of decent coverage.

Hopefully, 2 more SEC tombstones.***

Dec 7, 2017, 10:18 AM

If I had to guess it would be Clemson Oklahoma. Georgia has

Dec 7, 2017, 10:27 AM

an extremely average QB and a defense that still has yet to really impress me or make me think it's one of the best in the country. Auburn was moving the ball most of the SEC championship game with 3 busted RB's and on top of that Auburn shot themselves in the foot every chance they could get and turned it over way too often to win against even a decent team. Oklahoma is playing well right now but I wouldn't be shocked if they showed up and laid another turd on national television. If both play to their full potential I'd take Oklahoma.

Our game with bama goes with out saying. If we play at the level we've been playing at we win by 2 scores or more. After that I like our chances against both OU and Georgia. Our defense is a nightmare for UGA and Oklahoma gets exposed every time they step out of their job defense playing conference and have to face a competent defense.

Re: If I had to guess it would be Clemson Oklahoma. Georgia has

Dec 7, 2017, 10:51 AM

They held auburn to 259yds of total offense in the SECCG and pretty sure no one besides auburn broke 21 on that defense.

null

Re: How do you guys see this playoff shaking out?

Dec 7, 2017, 10:35 AM

I think we beat Bama more handily than we did last year. Low double-digits. Oklahoma will squeak by Georgia with some last minute plays by Mayfield.

Then we get Oklahoma in Atlanta. Would love for our D to have the chance to plant Baker Mayfield at midfield!! Clemson vs Oklahoma would be a closer game with us winning on the strength of an interception or two and another turnover, a good kick/punt return or two, and a strong, consistent, time-grinding offense. I see some big runs by our backs and KB. It would be relatively high scoring and a fun game to watch. Maybe 38-35. Clemson, of course!

Clemson vs. Jawja in a biggun***

Dec 7, 2017, 10:41 AM

Re: How do you guys see this playoff shaking out?

Dec 7, 2017, 10:43 AM

Oklahoma is much more balanced on offense.

Both their quarterback and running back are a$$holes.

Doesn't that make them balanced?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I have to go with Clemson over Georgia for championship.***

Dec 7, 2017, 1:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic