Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson student killed during robbery off campus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Clemson student killed during robbery off campus

Dec 8, 2012, 11:30 PM

Chimney Ridge is off campus housing For many Clemson students. It has an unmanned security gate and is one of the nicer places in the area. It is located off hwy 123 near Issaqueena Trail. I have not heard if they caught the killer but I do know the entrance does have security cameras. I hope they are working properly.

Prayers to the friends and family of the victim.

Message was edited by: Tiger Contractor®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how close is chimney ridge to the reserve***

Dec 8, 2012, 11:35 PM

Re: how close is chimney ridge to the reserve***

Dec 8, 2012, 11:43 PM

I don't know where the reserve is. Chimney is real close to Lowes.

Re: how close is chimney ridge to the reserve***

Dec 8, 2012, 11:44 PM [ in reply to how close is chimney ridge to the reserve*** ]

pretty close, Chimney is off Issaqueena Trail. Basically behind Ingles

About a mile down the road***

Dec 8, 2012, 11:45 PM [ in reply to how close is chimney ridge to the reserve*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i helped put the

Dec 8, 2012, 11:37 PM

Outside fireplaces in there

Re: Clemson killed during robbery off campus

Dec 8, 2012, 11:48 PM

my daughter lives in there. nice place but having too many break ins recently. Security needs to improve.

Most recent news report...

Dec 9, 2012, 12:29 AM

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/20297503/one-dead-after-shooting-in-central

Dec 9, 2012, 12:53 AM

The owner won't let the cops come in any more unannounced, and she will run around yelling, "cops are here get inside if you are underage." Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see her name in a Civil lawsuit over this.

Crump <3 $EC

Dec 9, 2012, 1:06 AM

yeah, somehow the owners worked out an agreement with the cops. they can't enter without permission, but I'm assuming in an emergency like this the cops wouldn't have to abide by that.

Dec 9, 2012, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson killed during robbery off campus ]

the owner did that because the cops were scaring away students. They'd camp out 4 or 5 cars in there every weekend night and arrest people left and right for partying underage, being too loud, etc. It wasn't because she didn't want security she was going to lose renters if she allowed the cops to do what they were doing. I'm all for a cop going through to patrol but they were preying on the students living there and attacking that place way too much. Kids are going to drink no matter how many of them you arrest for being at a house party

4 or 5 cars? Come on now....lets be realistic.***

Dec 9, 2012, 2:47 AM

Cops were peaking inside windows to catch underage drinking

Dec 9, 2012, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson killed during robbery off campus ]

It was kind of creepy. Cops were outside homes in Chimney peaking through windows trying to catch underage drinking. They went way over the line IMO.

Re: Cops were peaking inside windows to catch underage drinking

Dec 9, 2012, 7:04 AM

If that's true, i hope at least some of the kids were smart enough to lawyer up, and not just run to PTI.

Here is a copy of the complaint

Dec 9, 2012, 7:19 AM

Privacy questioned
Tenants allege harassment by officers.
TEddy KulmAlA
news editor
Recent events at an off-campus apartment complex have raised questions about residents’ behavior at parties, invasion of their privacy and inappropriate conduct by law enforcement officials.
Residents of Chimney Ridge in Clemson have made numerous reports to the management alleging invasion of privacy and harassment by officers of the Pickens County Sheriff ’s Office (PCSO).
J.J. Andrighetti, an attorney at the Andrighetti Law Firm in Greenville, S.C., penned a letter to Pickens County Sheriff David Stone on Dec. 13, 2010. In a copy of the letter obtained by The Tiger, Andrighetti states that the property manager of Chimney Ridge, Lorie Chastain-Reynolds, has asked officers “to cease their illegal and unauthorized entry onto the property.” “However,” he said, “to date, the officers have not only refused to abide by Ms. Chastain-Reynolds’ instructions but have attempted to hide their unauthorized entry.”
Andrighetti listed the following
resident entry into the neighborhood unless and until the resident allowed the deputy to enter the property. The deputy also stated that Chimney Ridge had no right to “lock out” the Sheriff’s Office.
• Plain-clothed deputies entered a private residence at 127 Stone Crest Lane without a warrant or an invitation from an owner of the property.
• A deputy, in a marked car, drove through the neighborhood and asked residents to provide identification.
• A deputy parked in the driveway of a house directly behind Chimney Ridge and walked through the yard onto Chimney Ridge’s property and the back of the residence. Thereafter, the deputy harassed several residents in an effort to conduct an investigation regarding underage drinking.
• On several
occasions, deputies have been seen after hours with flashlights looking through residents’ windows.
Additionally, Andrighetti said there was concern over “retaliation” by PCSO. “On different occasions, deputies have indicated that their response time will
complaints made by residents:
different

Re: Here is a copy of the complaint

Dec 9, 2012, 7:29 AM

Well that's got the fourth amendment written all over it.

But it seems he is the lawyer for the complex, not any of the students who were arrested. Which is a shame.

Basically, cops have been given the same rights to be sneaky

Dec 9, 2012, 8:41 AM

as the alleged criminals they are watching practice,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The owner sits there and waits for the cops every night?***

Dec 9, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson killed during robbery off campus ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The owner sits there and waits for the cops every night?***

Dec 9, 2012, 10:09 AM

Nope. Owner doesn't live here anymore.

Don't blame them. There is nothing worse that living around

Dec 9, 2012, 5:59 PM

19 year olds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

why is that ?***

Dec 10, 2012, 8:20 PM

American has the most immates per capita then anywhere in

Dec 9, 2012, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson killed during robbery off campus ]

the world and by a huge margin. Land of the free? Yeah right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AmericA..sorry.***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:29 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and " thAn" too...wow, hate the non-editability***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to American has the most immates per capita then anywhere in ]

Re: and " thAn" too...wow, hate the non-editability***

Dec 9, 2012, 11:51 AM

Probably because of a stupid war on drugs and stupid gun laws.

What a shame...

Dec 9, 2012, 10:36 AM

Sad to hear about this.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic