Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson soccer loses to Creighton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,298

Clemson soccer loses to Creighton

Aug 25, 2018, 7:30 AM

OMAHA, Neb. – The No. 11 Clemson men’s soccer team sustained a 2-0 defeat by the Creighton Bluejays in the 2018 season opener on Friday evening at Morrison Stadium. With the loss, the Tigers fell to 0-1-0, while the Bluejays improved to 1-0-0.

Creighton scored each of its two goals in the first half, and both of the goals came in the latter portion of the first 45 minutes. The Bluejays first found the back of the net on a Ziyad Fares shot in a shuffle just seven seconds after a Jonny Sutherland save in the 37thminute. Five minutes later, Anthony Macchione fired a laser from short range in the left side of the box that got past an outstretched Sutherland to double the Creighton lead.

A third Creighton goal was ruled offsides in the 62ndminute, and the Tigers had the momentum out of the break, limiting the Bluejays to just three shots in the second half. One of Clemson’s best scoring opportunities of the match came in the 75thminute, when Adrian Nuñez found Chris Matlashewski with a cross from the right side into the box, but the freshman’s ensuing shot went just high.

“I was proud of the response in the second half,” said head coach Mike Noonan. “I thought that it was boys to men in the first half. We didn’t pass the ball very well. You have to give Creighton a lot of credit. Technically, tactically, physically, they deserved the win. We’ll regroup and get ready for Sunday.”

The Tigers turn around to face the Omaha Mavericks on Sunday afternoon in the first-ever meeting between the two teams. The match is set for 2 p.m. EST and 1 p.m. CT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson soccer loses to Creighton

Aug 25, 2018, 7:58 AM

Hate the loss but, I love how coach Noonan gave the credit rightfully to Creighton. He didn't blame the officials, or put it on his players ( other than they didn't play well ), or on 'illegal' computers, etc.

No worries, plenty of time to right the ship. Go Tigers !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,298
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic