Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson out of consideration for Derrick Green
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Clemson out of consideration for Derrick Green

Aug 1, 2012, 12:45 AM

according to Kornblutt. He says Clemson didn't make the final five cut saying Clemson's class was full. What? I thought Clemson would always have room for a player this good. He is the tailback I've always dreamed of seeing play for Clemson. This is a terrible disappointment for me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson out of consideration for Derrick Green

Aug 1, 2012, 12:49 AM

He hd his chance to commit. You snooze you lose. I'm very happy with our current commits.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's right, this train don't seem to be slowing down

Aug 1, 2012, 12:52 AM

for anyone, GET ON or Get out of the way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://brainsoup.net/pictures/whiteflour.gif

Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good

Aug 1, 2012, 12:57 AM

as Green. He's the #1 running back in the country and much needed by us.

Lets see how Dye works out, sport

Aug 1, 2012, 1:00 AM

And Gallman. And we'll see how well Green does wherever he ends up.

Clemson

Re: Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good

Aug 1, 2012, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

He could be a flop or get hurt, you never know. No need to keep looking over the fence saying the grass is greener.

Aug 1, 2012, 8:47 AM

No pun intended? :D

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever heard of CJ Spiller?***

Aug 1, 2012, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Have you ever heard of CJ Spiller?***

Aug 1, 2012, 1:14 AM

Or Terry Allen, Chuck McSwain, Ronald Williams, Terrence Flagler, Kevin Mack, and the list could get longer..... those are just a few. Oh, Kenny Flowers...

I think Clemson has had some pretty good backs in our time...

Again, as has already been said, he had his opportunity to commit and chose to let another top running back take his spot.... now he might be regretting that decision.

I'd like to add Raymond Preister***

Aug 1, 2012, 6:23 AM

And Jay Mack.***

Aug 1, 2012, 7:10 AM

who is jay mack?***

Aug 1, 2012, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who is jay mack?***

Aug 1, 2012, 8:37 AM

Bet he meant Kevin

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, it was Jay Mack. And if he or anyone that knows him

Aug 2, 2012, 12:24 AM

reads this, they will have a good laugh......

He looks good on tape, but he's certainly not the

Aug 1, 2012, 1:08 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

consensus #1 back in the country. Some services don't have him in the top 5 backs. Going by tape I think you could make the argument that we have had RBs as good as Green.

That being said, I think you always want good talent no matter how much talent you have. I don't think there's a player on earth we need, but there are a ton I'd like to have. Reality is though is you can't have every great player that's available no matter how much you want them. If this kid ends up somewhere else, so be it.

Aug 1, 2012, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

Hahahahaha, thank God you aren't a talent evaluator. Did you somehow miss we got Tyshon Dye? Just because a guy's number 1, doesn't mean he's going to win you a National Championship. Lighten up. We're doing pretty good. After watching actual FILM from both of these RB's, and I can tell you in my opinion, Dye is a more complete, gamechanging RB. I thought that before he committed, actually hoping he'd commit before Green. Don't get me wrong, the talent difference is pretty much splitting hairs here, but come on. You're acting like Green is Adrian Peterson right now. ReLAX.

Aug 1, 2012, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

He is ranked as the #1 back by ONE service.

Aug 1, 2012, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

He didn't look that good to me at the opening.

Dye's film looks way better.

And we already have Dalvin coming in next year.

Plus Bellamy will return after JC.

Glass half full anyone? :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2012, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Idiots talk. Clemson has never had a running back as good ]

You don't know what you are talking about. Idiots really

I am also disappointed about Green not coming to Clemson.

Aug 1, 2012, 1:03 AM

By watching his video, I was thinking Earl Campbell. I thought this is the RB I have been waiting my whole life to come to Tigertown...But, you snooze you loose. Good on you Dabo. After getting two-stepped by Gurly, Marshall, and Davis last year, I am sure he was thinking "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". Lesson learned. Don't wait.

Derrick Green is no Earl Campbell.***

Aug 1, 2012, 7:12 AM

Aug 1, 2012, 1:04 AM

Ummmm spiller was pretty good. Green would have to b great to b better and I'd take flowers or Flagler , for example, over him any day.

Spiller was probably the best Football player ever

Aug 1, 2012, 1:10 AM

at Clemson. He did more for program than any other recruit. But, as far as RB, he definitely had his flaws. When you add into the equation receiving and returns, the best ever. But as far as plan old cram it down your throat RB, not so much. That is what Green is. And that is what makes champions. Smash Mouth.

I'll say this, I agree about Green being that type of RB but

Aug 1, 2012, 1:19 AM

I am satisfied with the current staffs strategy to get these guys to commit and stand by it. In the future, I think moves like this will help us more often than not. I would love to have Green, but he had every chance to come on board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather have a Committed Top 20 RB than be in the top 5

Aug 1, 2012, 1:27 AM

of a top 5 RB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spiller was probably the best Football player ever

Aug 1, 2012, 1:41 AM [ in reply to Spiller was probably the best Football player ever ]

I will never forget what CJ and James did for the program and for them to sacrifice 4 years to help get Clemson to what it us now a team on the rise and recruiting at an elite level. Green would be nice but he reminds me too much of Jamie Harper so i an satisfied with our class and besides let's be honest we really wanted green b/c he was mentioned so much on these websites and not players that fit our system like Dye, Gallman, Mizzell, and AK

Frankly, I like the idea of a recruiting class filling

Aug 1, 2012, 6:03 AM

very quickly to force the "wannabes" to commit early. If you have a strong enough program, then this should happen with every class, and, thus, keeps us from having to appear as if we're grovelling for the commitments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2012, 6:30 AM

Somebody's off their Meds! Never had a back as good as Green, who hasn't even finished high school yet?!? C.J. says hello you simple fool.

That is all.....Go Tigers.

Aug 1, 2012, 6:57 AM

chances with him probably slim. If he truely wanted to come to Clemson, he would have committed. I want players that want to be here straight up.

his style of running doesn't fit our weak offensive line

Aug 1, 2012, 7:15 AM

at least the way it's been the past 5 years. I wouldn't be able to stand seeing his potential running into the back of an offensive lineman being pushed backward. I just think he'd get stuffed at the line. We have to have a quick, shifty back for us to be successful.

Think he'll be a great fit for Alabama.

Dye is better anyways...

Aug 1, 2012, 8:02 AM

We need Crowder, Mountravius, & Droogsma...

Plus a Tremel Terry signing day switch after UGA has a rough year... :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry was congratulating Williams on picking Clemson...

Aug 1, 2012, 8:30 AM

yesterday on Twitter...

Green is the 7th best running back....

Aug 1, 2012, 8:30 AM

At least according to the 247 Composite Rankings (ranks based on average among ESPN, Rivals, Scout, and 247Sports). There are several running backs ahead of him (including the uncommitted Greg Bryant who is much higher) plus Derrick Henry who is an ATH but wants to play RB. FWIW, Henry has expressed interest in the Tigers before.

Korncoot is feeling butthurt by Williams choosing us over

Aug 1, 2012, 8:34 AM

the dirt peckers. Has he put in a FOIA yet for the coot qb arrest tape? Lol's...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 1, 2012, 8:37 AM

I am positively no expert on recruiting, but the small amount of tape I've seen on Green and Dye, I really wanted Dye. I can't imagine needing a better RB than Dye. The guy has a move when he changes direction and then accelerates that I haven't seen in other backs - Green included. I was less impressed with Green, but I'm sure I missed a lot just watching videos. Anyway - I was very pleased when Dye chose the TIGERS. I won't complain about our RB situation. Can't wait to see Dye next year.

Didn't Korn also say the same thing about RN the

Aug 1, 2012, 8:50 AM

week before he committed to us? In that case, I see this announcement a positive thing for Clemson's chances.

Wasn't as impressed

Aug 1, 2012, 10:51 AM

With Green's film as I was with Dye's. Dye has good power but also has good hips to make cuts. I'm happy with the RB's we have now

Dye reminds me of a more.....

Aug 2, 2012, 1:16 AM

Talented Todd Gurley. Tall and big for a rb who will out run you or run over you

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic