Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson move
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Clemson move

Nov 30, 2012, 11:12 AM

Someone educate me here...but wouldn't Clemson be a better fit in the Big 10 than the Big 12??? Also wouldn't Clemson be more attractive than Ga Tech or Uva???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They probably want the atlanta viewer market***

Nov 30, 2012, 11:13 AM

Maybe on those Thursday nights...

Nov 30, 2012, 11:17 AM

...when there is no Braves or SEC game on.

The Big 12 is the most exciiting Conference in America and

Nov 30, 2012, 11:19 AM

no way would we want the Big 10

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Nov 30, 2012, 11:25 AM

Oh..... you were serious? :/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Clemson isn't going to either the Big 10 or the Big 12.

Nov 30, 2012, 11:38 AM

Please, just stop it. Nobody wants to fly to Dallas so that they can take a prop plane into Lubbock, or Oklahoma, or Iowa State, or one of the host of other completely unattractive road trips, and the university isn't shelling out 500k a year so that the swimming team can go compete in Pocatello at a meet.

we don't have a swimming team so that ain't a problem***

Nov 30, 2012, 11:59 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson isn't going to either the Big 10 or the Big 12.

Nov 30, 2012, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Clemson isn't going to either the Big 10 or the Big 12. ]

Why you dis ID St.?

Re: Clemson move

Nov 30, 2012, 11:42 AM

AAU school: Comprise the top 67 school in the country.

Has nothing to do with fanbase, atmosphere, stadium size and

Nov 30, 2012, 11:53 AM

only counts location if ou can bring in a new big market.

e are out of luck on all of those. If this were 1990, we'd be the one people would be fighting over. It is just too bad for us. I could see this coming a couple of years ago. Wish our admin. would at least work the phones and channels. We have a lame duck a.d. and a president that is pulling the companay line in the ACC and a new A.d. that isn't even in town yet and he sounds like he is a Barker yes man.

THe worst case scenario is playing out before our eyes and years from now we are going to look back and say why didn't we try to do something to better our position. Kind of like we look back now and can't believe we missed the boat when teams left the Southern Conference for the SEC.

Re: Has nothing to do with fanbase, atmosphere, stadium size and

Nov 30, 2012, 11:58 AM

I don't think that anybody expected anything less than a Barker yes man with the hire of the AD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a newsflash: the ACC just significantly upgraded the

Nov 30, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Has nothing to do with fanbase, atmosphere, stadium size and ]

athletic reputation of the conference by picking up Louisville and dropping Maryland. Louisville actually works as an ACC school. Maryland does NOT work as a Big 10 school, but they are circling the drain financially and need to ride that money train wherever it takes them. We just got a school that is a basketball powerhouse and is light years better than Maryland when it comes to football facilities. So in short, over the last year, the ACC has added 3 basketball powerhouses, 2 of which are on the rise in football, and 2 of which actually have some football history (Syracuse and Pittsburgh) suggesting that they might once again get there, unlike Duke or Wake Forest, which are one-trick ponies.

Re: Here's a newsflash: the ACC just significantly upgraded the

Nov 30, 2012, 3:00 PM

It's about the $$$, unfortunately, and that ship has sailed for the ACC. The ACC will be the poor relative amongst the major conferences, and I don't see how that is going to change.

Though I agree UL is an upgrade over MD. That and a quarter will get you $15,000,000.25 while the big boys rake in $30MM.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic