Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson men track & field vs SCAR's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,035

Clemson men track & field vs SCAR's

Apr 28, 2013, 10:29 AM

My son high jumps at Wando High School so naturally I'm interested in how Clemson and SCAR compare in men's track and field. Clemson did not go head to head against SCAR in many meets so I compared the best performance for each event for both schools this year. In doing doing so I see that Clemson had a better time or perfornance than SCAR in EVERY event except for the long jump. My son is also looking at Coastal Carolina so I compared them to Clemson and SCAR and Coastal also out performed SCAR in EVERY event except the long jump and the triple jump. Coastal actually out performed Clemson in the discus, javelin and hammer throw.

Why does SCAR not have a strong track and field program? Their outdoor track is well below average and their indoor track is the worst college facility I have every seen. I'd rate clemsons track facilities at least 9 on a 10 scale. Heck Coastal has an impressive track facility and overall great athletic facilities. All they lack is an indoor track.

Doesn't SCAR get huge money from the SEC? Why do they have below high school level track facilities?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson men track & field vs SCAR's

Apr 28, 2013, 11:00 AM

USC is in the middle of facilities upgrades. In the past five years they have built a new baseball stadium,softball stadium, tennis complex and major upgrades around the football stadium. That doesn't include the basketball facility that is around ten years old now. There are plans for soccer and track upgrades but even with all of the money flowing into the athletics department things have to be prioritized. If your son is going to be in college in they near future and facilities and not coaching is what's important then it's an easy decision. If he's a few years away things may change by then. If the past upgrades are any indication the new track facilities will be top of the line.

Apr 28, 2013, 12:14 PM

I might add that while many of us think Carolina has kaboodles of money, they are going heavily into debt to build all these facilities.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2013, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson men track & field vs SCAR's ]

Two things from you reply.

1. I think they already upgraded the soccer field. They are also in the process of building a nice soft ball stadium.

2. What is the easy choice for my son if he likes facilities and not coaching?

Apr 28, 2013, 1:23 PM

I don't think they have started the soccer renovations according to their website. You asked why the track program wasn't doing well at USC and the simple answer would seem to be facilities from your analysis. I will assume there is limited post college opportunities for most track athletes. That being the case education opportunities offered by the school would also be a major factor moreso than facilities. I can only assume coaching at the schools is comparable.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic