Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson making an Example of Destructive Stupidity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Clemson making an Example of Destructive Stupidity

Jun 29, 2013, 9:59 PM

Press charges to the fullest extent of criminal law THEN sue the family in civil court for a minimum of $250,000. In this way, Clemson will inhibit future young, drunk and stupid hooligans from destroying irreplaceable and invaluable school property.

I am not against young, drunk and stupid. Most of us have been there. I am against destruction of irreplaceable talismans. A frat brother of mine once painted a Tiger Paw in Athens on the night before a Clemson-UGA game. He was arrested and spent the night in jail - a just punishment followed by a hefty fine.

This act of vandalism goes way beyond the prank level on the destructive stupidity scale. Hit the kid and his family hard where it counts - in the pocket book and on his permanent criminal record with a felony conviction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sue the family?

Jun 29, 2013, 10:01 PM

He's legally an adult. On what grounds do you suggest Clemson sue the family? I assume you'll say because the truck was registered in his Father's name. But you'd have to at least try and prove that the father knew (or should've known) what the son was going to do.

I've seen nothing to suggest that as of yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me think about it

Jun 29, 2013, 10:12 PM

Does he live at home? Where is the stolen piece of rock? Was the heist planned over a family dinner? Was Ma Barker involved in the planning? Was the family car purchased in the parents' names used to transport the stolen merchandise?

Then we sue the rest of the Hangover posse for their gifted consulting advice during the heist. Great friends!?!? Is there a Kardashian connection?

The public has a right to know these things!! Loosen up TigerThom ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess I missed the part where I need to lighten up

Jun 29, 2013, 10:23 PM

Oh well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me think about it

Jun 30, 2013, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Let me think about it ]

One article said the truck was registered in the idiot's name. Find another angle.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Clemson making an Example of Destructive Stupidity

Jun 29, 2013, 10:05 PM

Sorry. Don't agree with going after the family. They didn't do anything. I don't remember people trying to find and hang Hitler's mother.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right on point! Make an example of this kid.***

Jun 29, 2013, 10:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last

Jun 29, 2013, 10:27 PM

two times we rubbed it in November ucs handed our a$$es to us. I have seen us rub that rock and lose to Duke. And quite a few other nobodies.

Whatever powers that rock has, motivation aint one of them.

Guys we are bigger than a stupid rock. Dont need to go after a teenager's family over a rock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last

Jun 29, 2013, 10:28 PM

I think there is probably a case that the 2 other people with him where his younger brothers and his parents are the legal guardians of them so they could attack them from that point of view if they really wanted to.

Well, hang 'em! Over a rock.***

Jun 29, 2013, 10:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good idea!

Jun 30, 2013, 8:45 AM

i got the rope...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all your assumptions, do you also have a crystal ball??***

Jun 30, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm questioning your allegiance to Clemson University.***

Jun 29, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Wll, I'll answer. I lived in Johnstone in 3 sections,

Jun 29, 2013, 11:23 PM

worked during the school year to pay for the priviledge of studying under Macaulay and Yandle. Never missed a home game, saw Condrige Hollaway throw a td pass on an illegal play to beat us at Tenn.

I was in the student section chanting "D@mn good team! D@mn good team!" to our players after an opening game LOSS to Maryland. Yeah, it used to be like that.

We were bigger than a rock, a hill, a coach, or ucs. You couldn't touch Clemson by banging on a rock. Was the rock important? Danged right. But it wasnt us. If a kid had damaged it we would have treated him like a kid. Then beaten ucs.

Then you should know its more than "just a rock"***

Jun 30, 2013, 2:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its just a rock.***

Jun 30, 2013, 3:11 PM

You're in the minority with that opinion.***

Jul 1, 2013, 3:07 AM

So is a tombstone

Jun 30, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last ]

Would you feel the same way if he took a sledge hammer to Frank Howard's grave. I would say The Rock is by far a more public remembrance of Howard than his grave. Would you feel the same way if it was one of your family members grave markers? You know, they are all just rocks, and not really that valuable.

That was such a good response, I bet GWP wants to

Jun 30, 2013, 3:02 PM

have your babies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Well lbu wouldn't be too happy about that***

Jun 30, 2013, 8:47 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I dont know how I would feel about it. What I do know

Jun 30, 2013, 8:44 PM [ in reply to So is a tombstone ]

is that how I would feel about it and what the crime would be are two different things. That distinction seems to be escaping everybody, but thankfully our due process was established while people were not upset about a rock.

Looks like the crime would be a felony

Jun 30, 2013, 10:23 PM

I'm sure you'de be happy to settle for a little community service though, I mean, it's just a rock.

Yes, if this was the kid's first offence I would hope he

Jun 30, 2013, 11:29 PM

could plead to a misdemeanor and pay for a new headstone. Its just a rock. I would not want a felony stuck to him for that.

But if you want me to say that breaking a headstone is a

Jun 30, 2013, 11:35 PM

greater crime than chipping the rock, yes, I think so. The value of repairing the rock's pedastal might be greater, but in terms of crime against me at the emotional level, yes, I think so.

I like how you use "chipping"

Jul 1, 2013, 12:02 AM

It's an excellent way to attempt to use language to minimize the damage. He didn't smash off a large portion of the rock, he just chipped it a little. You don't happend to be this kids lawyer do you?

Well, you're down to that. I didn't mean anything by that

Jul 1, 2013, 11:27 AM

word one way or the other, but if that is what you got, go with it.

I just find it interesting that everyone else goes with

Jul 1, 2013, 11:30 AM

smash or break and you go with chip. Different words have different connotations. Would you rather break your tooth or chip your tooth?

Yes, and the Declaration of Independence is just ink & paper***

Jun 30, 2013, 9:45 PM [ in reply to It was a rock. For all the value we attach to it, the last ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody else already tried that line. Doesn't compare.***

Jul 1, 2013, 11:29 AM

You can't deter stupid much less drunk stupid

Jun 29, 2013, 10:46 PM

You could execute this kid and some dumb@ss would come along later and do the same thing.

Just get better security and protection for the rock

Sue the family for a minimum of $250,000?***

Jun 30, 2013, 8:08 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2013, 9:27 AM

Do ya think? How many people still drink and drive? People are going to be STUPID no matter what.

I'm really frustrated and embarassed

Jun 30, 2013, 10:16 AM

That many of you are trying to go after this kids family even thought they had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
Leave the family alone they had no involvement. It makes no sense to do that. Suing the family is just a cowardly act of vengeful collateral damage inflicted upon innocent people. That family is ashamed enough that their son (who they hopefully raised better... who knows though) did something so stupid that
1. he is never able to own a gun, join the military, or pass any sort of background check for any REAL job (he can say goodbye to pretty much any job with an $80k salary or higher).

2. he will never be able to live a comfortable life anywhere within at least 300 miles of Clemson, much less most of S.C.

3. His family has to deal with cleaning up his mess for a long time.

Saying this makes you and everyone that supports this idea look like a coot.
The rock is not your personal property, it is CLEMSON'S. It is not your job to decide what happens. Clemson has pressed charges, now it is up to the legal system. Leave it alone an be glad the situation wasn't any worse. Do something productive like pray the chip is recovered.

Re: I'm really frustrated and embarassed

Jun 30, 2013, 12:25 PM

The family had nothing to do with committing the crime, but almost certainly knew about it afterwards and did nothing. That may be a crime there (harboring a criminal, aiding and abetting or something). People should not be calling and harassing the family though.
All the stuff in your 1st point would only happen if he is convicted of a felony, which is unlikely. I agree that the OP is asking for a bit much, a max sentence is 5 years and lawsuits are already out of control and mainly just make the lawyers rich. I'd be OK with no jail time, would prefer 30 days, but PTI would just be disgusting. That's essentially getting the charges dropped.

You are really embarassed with "To Kill A Gamecock" name?

Jun 30, 2013, 9:54 PM [ in reply to I'm really frustrated and embarassed ]

I take it you mean that figuratively. There are many Tiger alumni with Gamecock parents, spouses, sons and daughters. To think that you wish to kill your fellow South Carolinians makes me take a step back.

To think that you are the arbiter of frustration and embarrassment with a dumb-a$$ tag name like that is really funny. I stand by my position that non-action by Clemson invites future incidents.

That ####### doesn't deserve a comfortable life. #### him.***

Jun 30, 2013, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I'm really frustrated and embarassed ]

Jun 30, 2013, 4:24 PM

do whatever it takes to keep this story in the news. Clemson is getting PR out of it and the longer it hangs around, the better.

yep. sorry usuc doesn't have anything worth fighting about.

Jun 30, 2013, 4:39 PM

ok. no i'm not, usuc has nothing anyone would want to talk about for more than 1 hr. or so. even the choo-choo train rear-ends are a joke to all cfb fans, except those who know no better, I.E. usuc fans! y'all are pathetic.live with it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might as well sue Ford Motor Co. They made the truck.

Jun 30, 2013, 5:02 PM

And they have deeper pockets. We could get billions!!

Jun 30, 2013, 9:42 PM

sucks but in reality he will most likely get PTI, pay some steep fines and move on with a clean record.

For all you bleeding hearts, lets give the kid a scholarship***

Jun 30, 2013, 9:56 PM

CU in Tulsa will be in charge of fundraising***

Jun 30, 2013, 10:24 PM

Just hang him and leave the rotting body as a warning....

Jul 1, 2013, 12:28 PM

Quit ##### footing around.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic