Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson just might have one more fan and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Clemson just might have one more fan and

Sep 3, 2013, 10:34 PM

student after Saturday's win. I talked with a father and daughter dressed in black and red while eating before going to the stadium and she is a high school senior and is considering CU and UGA which are top schools for her intended major. After talking for a while about the good things about Clemson (I said "nothing bad about this place") she said, "I guess my decision will depend on who wins this game". Her father wished us luck as we left for the game and I wished the Dawgs luck as well.... NEXT WEEK!!! He laughed and thanked us for sharing info about Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson just might have one more fan and

Sep 3, 2013, 10:37 PM

Hmmm...Clemson or Georgia. If it takes too much thought, she belongs at UGA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 10:41 PM

Sounded like a bright girl - was also on campus to check out facts about attending here - not just for the game. Not all folks dressed in red and black are smart enough to escape from those family ties.

Kids should not choose a college based on football team

Sep 3, 2013, 10:44 PM

That did not enter my mind when I chose Clemson. In fact, U$uC had better teams in the early 70s. I chose Clemson because it is a wonderful college campus with good academics. The solid fan base was a plus. But is has NEVER been about winning or losing football games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kids should not choose a college based on football team

Sep 3, 2013, 10:52 PM

I'm sure she was joking , but had already said that her choice was a close call before making this trip. That was the main reason she spent the entire day on campus. I hope she saw plenty of other things beside the final score to make her come back for 4 years. Wouldn't you after such a day?

Re: Kids should not choose a college based on football team

Sep 3, 2013, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Kids should not choose a college based on football team ]

not sure where you are getting this early 70's thing, look about the same to me

coots
1970 4-6-1
1971 6-5-0
1972 4-7-0
1973 7-4-0
1974 4-7-0

Clemson
1970 3-8-0
1971 5-6-0
1972 4-7-0
1973 5-6-0
1974 7-4-0

Dude***

Sep 4, 2013, 12:47 AM [ in reply to Kids should not choose a college based on football team ]

Sep 3, 2013, 10:57 PM

The first question I always ask a visitor is what their intended major is. Some schools are better choices for certain majors, especially if they are looking to go the grad school route later. I never sell the school to someone unless I feel like they have a better opportunity here. Oddly enough, our programs in the Humanities are on par with South Carolina, despite what they want you to believe.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic