Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped

Aug 14, 2014, 8:11 AM

College Football's 25 Most Overhyped Players, Coaches and Teams for 2014
By Brian Pedersen , Featured Columnist April 3, 2014

« PREV22 of 27NEXT »
5. Georgia Bulldogs
5. Georgia BulldogsScott Cunningham/Getty Images
Georgia would have been right in the running for the SEC East title, a BCS berth and possibly even the national title game last year, if not for:

Injuries
Defensive breakdowns
Bad luck (i.e., tipped balls on 4th-and-18 that result in 73-yard touchdowns)
The list could keep going, but you get the picture. The Bulldogs were snakebit in 2013, ending up 8-5 and far below expectations.

Yet to listen to the hype attached to Georgia's 2014 team, you'd think it was coming off a far better year and had addressed whatever minor issues were present. Sure, Georgia has upgraded at defensive coordinator and has gotten healthier on offense, but for those adjustments to suddenly turn the Bulldogs into a top-10 team again is pure hype.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least someone in the media has a clue....***

Aug 14, 2014, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least someone in the media has a clue....***

Aug 14, 2014, 11:07 AM

Lmao....earlier this year you tigers were ripping Athlon's for their preseason ranking of clemson (#21) now all of a sudden their word is the gospel.

Re: At least someone in the media has a clue....***

Aug 14, 2014, 12:11 PM

IT'S LIKE HUGE SPORTS PUBLICATIONS HAVE MULTIPLE WRITERS WHO CAN OFFER DIFFERENT OPINIONS. CRAZY CONUNDRUM WE'VE GOT HERE.

Re: Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped

Aug 14, 2014, 8:18 AM

It is a lot of hype. They have talent, but they always do. They have facilities, but they always have. They do have generous boosters, but nothing new there either. MR still is their coach, and he seems to always have some type of issues with getting it done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 8:35 AM

Mark Richt is 2-1 vs Clemson as a HC. Apparently, he has got it done a few times...

Maybe but it's about to be 2-2... Truth is

Aug 14, 2014, 8:39 AM

MR is to Georgia what Tommy Bowden was to Clemson. And personally I liked TB... He just could never take us to the next level.

MR=TB***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:05 AM

Re: Maybe but it's about to be 2-2... Truth is***

Aug 14, 2014, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Maybe but it's about to be 2-2... Truth is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Please enlighten us on something...

Aug 14, 2014, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped ]

What is Rick's record against Dabo?

Re: Please enlighten us on something...

Aug 14, 2014, 9:41 AM

who is rick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take a wild guess***

Aug 14, 2014, 10:05 AM

Aug 14, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Please enlighten us on something... ]

^^^Girlie's HC.

Aug 14, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Please enlighten us on something... ]

What's Dabo's record against Pruitt?

Oh, I'm terribly sorry and I have the confuse

Aug 14, 2014, 10:02 AM

I didn't know Pruitt was allowed to bring the Florida state defensive squad with him.

Aug 14, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Please enlighten us on something... ]

uh o-o. pruitt is not a head coach.

Aug 14, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Please enlighten us on something... ]

What's Richt's record against Morris and Venables? Yeah, we can play that game...

Re: Please enlighten us

Aug 14, 2014, 12:10 PM

Series record Georgia leads, 41–18–4

You can try, but no you can't play.....

Aug 14, 2014, 12:17 PM

I didn't say GA's record, did I...guess you can't play...

I said what is RICHT's record vs vVENABLES and MORRIS...0-1, pound puppy.

LULZIES

Aug 14, 2014, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Please enlighten us ]

You bring up a coach that has yet to coach a game for you and his record against Clemson.

Then when someone makes a valid comparison that destroys your stupid/idiotic statement, you bring up the series record....LOL

Keep trying buttercup, you are in quick sand and the more you fight the worse it's getting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: LULZIES

Aug 14, 2014, 9:46 PM

I have hit the ignore button on him. There is nothing to be gained there, and if I wanted to waste time on poor posters I would go on over to fgf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Please enlighten us ]

Until we began doing what you do and playing by the same rules and standards you do, we lost most of the games. Once that started, "li'l ol' Clemson couldn't compete at all. Once we changed to your practices, we began to win, and we quickly won a NC, just like you did. Both teams quickly went on probation. No mystery there. The difference is you were found to have committed "academic fraud", the worst offense there is. When you let idiots in, allow them to play 3-4 years, and then send them on with no real record of academic achievement, that is the travesty you seem to have forgotten. Your coach even justified it saying, "well, at least they could work at the Post Office", thinking folks would accept it. No, don't throw your stellar records at anybody who has some degree of integrity. It doesn't fit very well, Pilgrim.

Aug 14, 2014, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped ]

It is very hard to argue that he has not under-achieved with the resources he has had at his disposal. All the cash that has been pumped into that program, the almost total dis- regard of character of the players signed and boosters that will do anything it takes to get MR whatever he or his players need. Also, playing in the weakest side of the conference leaves little wiggle room in which to defend him, but go ahead, if you wish. We don't mind.

Aug 14, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped ]

Really?!!! Those teams he faced in victory were a shell of what this team is.... You should stick to music!!!!

Aug 14, 2014, 8:33 AM

Let me address this in parts:

A. I haven't seen anywhere credible that has the UGA football team ranked inside the top ten so, I don't know exactly where Mr. Pedersen is coming from do you? In all fairness it's been awhile since we were ranked inside the top ten.

Defensive breakdowns:

UGA replaced the DC, the strength & conditioning program and associated coordinators in a united effort too correct such faults we freely admit existed and which were points of misery

What else should we have done?

The 2014 team has seen a revamping of values and goals and a quick dismissal of those who did not buy in or held the wrong attitude.

A lot of this has yet to be proven on the field but it's a great headline and writers don't have much else to go on just like Mr. Pedersen who is using the reverse angle argument to create more fluff and interest.

Should our players and coaches come into the season pissing and moaning about last seasons pitfalls and shortcomings?

You Tigers better come into this match with your "A" game and seriously focused or, you will be leaving disgruntled and embarrassed.

Hype this...

LOL, big talk from a guy whose team

Aug 14, 2014, 9:07 AM

A. lost to us last year.

B. has suffered major losses on offense and especially defense.

Do you really expect a new defensive scheme to make a huge difference against an offense like ours in the FIRST game of the season? Especially considering how many starters are gone off of your much less than stellar defense from last year?

I expect that our offense may see some drop off but with the scheme being what it is I do expect plug and play and for it to still be a top 25 offense.

I also don't think you'll be able to run on us like you guys seem to think you will. Outside of 1 huge play last year our D held girly in check.(and you don't have the threat at QB/passing game that you had last year)

correct, what if just what if we do stop the running game

Aug 14, 2014, 9:10 AM

with our deep and talented front 7----do you think Mason will beat us? I think we'll find that out exactly.

Re: LOL, big talk from a guy whose team

Aug 14, 2014, 9:30 AM [ in reply to LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

> A. lost to us last year.

> At home in your house 'tween the hedges doubtful.

> B. has suffered major losses on offense and especially defense.

> Georgia ranked second to last in the SEC last season in turnovers gained with 15. This defense you barely beat?

> Do you really expect a new defensive scheme to make a
> huge difference against an offense like ours in the
> FIRST game of the season? Especially considering how
> many starters are gone off of your much less than
> stellar defense from last year?

> In Pruitt’s one season at Florida State, the Seminoles tied for second in the nation with 35 turnovers gained a year after they ranked 66th with 21.

“If you want to create turnovers you have to practice turnovers,” Pruitt said on the day he was introduced as Georgia’s defensive coordinator. “There’s more to it. You can put yourself in position to finish on an interception but you’ve got to actually catch the ball, you’ve got to watch it all the way to the tub. When the ball is on the ground you’ve got to secure it, you’ve got to get your hands underneath the ball and you’ve got to recover a fumble. There are a lot of details to it that I think get overlooked.”

Those details are being taught in practice by Pruitt on a daily basis.

> I expect that our offense may see some drop off but
> with the scheme being what it is I do expect plug and
> play and for it to still be a top 25 offense.

"In Pruitt’s one season at Florida State, the Seminoles tied for second in the nation with 35 turnovers gained a year after they ranked 66th with 21."

> I also don't think you'll be able to run on us like
> you guys seem to think you will. Outside of 1 huge
> play last year our D held girly in check.(and you
> don't have the threat at QB/passing game that you had
> last year)

Speaking of last year and that 545 total yards of offense with 222 coming on the ground (TG-154 yards)UGA and Bobo really never have had much of a problem with scoring points on your defense no matter what you guys scheme up.

We know you Tigers flounder when Pruitt's defensive scheme's shut down your running game and turns the plays outside.

Fish in a barrel.

There's a few huge faults in your logic.....

Aug 14, 2014, 9:42 AM

1. Our D is actually expected to be much improved this year.

2. Again, you seem to be forgetting that erin murray was able to keep our d at least somewhat honest with his passing threat. He was a proven commodity(and still didn't throw for a td against the weakest part of our D), not so much this year.

3. you seem to be assuming that you have the same caliber players on defense that FSU had last year. And that is 100% not the case.

Re: Can Tigers talk facts not so far...

Aug 14, 2014, 9:55 AM

> 1. Our D is actually expected to be much improved
> this year.

So you tout conjecture and speculation as fact and I present facts as fact. 545 yards of facts to be exact.

> Our offense has a fifth year game manager at the helm and once again CMR & Bobo have never had much of a problem scoring points on you our Center is a 6th year guy deep in his Masters program.
Stable of running backs and two tight ends for the screen slant you best just try and limit the damage we will incur Beasley while fantastic is not going to get it done alone.

Know this beforehand.

>
> 3. you seem to be assuming that you have the same
> caliber players on defense that FSU had last year.
> And that is 100% not the case.

While this is true we don't need to beat you by over 50 points like they did 1 point would suffice.

Here's an indisputable FACT for you

Aug 14, 2014, 10:01 AM

you may have had 545 yards of offense last year, but guess what.....YOU STILL COULDN'T BEAT US....WE WON

LOL, all you are posting is conjecture outside of your 545 yards of offense last year.

you think hutson mason will be good, you think your d will be improved because of a new dc.

It's like talking to a kid in middle school.....

Re: Here's an indisputable FACT for you

Aug 14, 2014, 10:16 AM

> you may have had 545 yards of offense last year, but
> guess what.....WE WON.

> You did at home and the betting odds are not favorable for you doing it in hours (fact).
>
> LOL, all you are posting is conjecture outside of
> your 545 yards of offense last year.

> You have lost me again the players and experience levels are accurate facts you can check them most anywhere and we have new coaching molding a defensive schemes that have been in place for years the 3-4 hybrid (facts again).

> you think hutson mason will be good, you think your d
> will be improved because of a new dc.

Hutson Mason 2008 AJC Class AAAAA All-State honorable mention ... In just two years as a starter, compiled 8,265 yards passing and 85 touchdown passes ... As a senior, set Georgia state records for passing yards (4,560) and touchdowns (54) in a season ... Set state records for passing yards (552) in a single game against South Gwinnett ... Helped lead Lassiter to 12-1 record and first region championship in school history in 2009 ... As a junior, passed for 3,705 yards and 28 touchdowns.
>
> It's like talking to a kid in middle school.....

While the transition from High School to Division one football is a jump for someone too say that "he is not good" is laughable at best.

He is a fifth year game manager with playing time not some walk on rookie as you wish he was.

Middle school class is now in recess..... ;)

Aug 14, 2014, 10:32 AM

Okay..... You had 80 yards more than us on offense. YOU STILL LOST. Also, some of those yards came when we were up 10 and in prevent. Guess what? Our defense will definitely be better this year than last. And your offense won't be as good.

This game is about match ups and we matchup way better than you do. Our front 7 will neutralize your running game which is supposed to be your strength. I believe our strength on offense will be our passing game, and you don't have anyone in your secondary with experience. Plus we will be the more disciplined team. That's just speculation on my part, but it is an educated guess because UGA fields a bunch of thugs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 10:42 AM

Look, I didn't come over here to punch holes in everybody's balloons and take your cookies.

I'll wait to do that on gameday...

Plus we will be the more disciplined team. That's just speculation on my part, but it is an educated guess because UGA fields a bunch of thugs.

:lol:

That's funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are!

Aug 14, 2014, 10:52 AM

"Look, I didn't come over here to punch holes in everybody's balloons and take your cookies."

you've spewed nothing but nonsense about your soft puppies.

here's some facts for ya

Aug 14, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's an indisputable FACT for you ]

Aug 14, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's an indisputable FACT for you ]

1. you do realize how betting odds are decided right?

2. definition of conjecture:
a : inference from defective or presumptive evidence
b : a conclusion deduced by surmise or guesswork
c : a proposition (as in mathematics) before it has been proved or disproved

you are assuming hutson mason and the hire at dc will help you based on their past performance, most of which has nothing to do with thuga.

3. A few facts(btw I'm fully aware that last years stats have jack sh!t to do with this years teams, but since you want to point out things from the past)

2013 Defense

a. Total Defense - Clemson - 25th, Georgia - 45th
b. passing defense - Clemson - 16th, pups - 60th
c. rushing defense - Clemson - 52nd, pups - 41st
d. scoring defense - Clemson - 24th, pups - 78th
e. turnovers gained - Clemson - 10th, thuga - 109th
f. TFL - Clemson - 1st(by 13 over 2nd place) uga - 49th
g. 3rd down D - Clemson - 5th, uga - 66th
h. Sacks - Clemson - 13th, uga - 28th

2013 Offense

a. total offense - Clemson - 10th, pups - 17th
b. passing offense - Clemson - 9th, pups - 15th
c. rushing offense - Clemson - 56th, pups - 65th(but that deep stable of running backs....)
d. turnovers - Clemson - 87th, pups - 68th
e. scoring offense - Clemson - 8th, pups - 21st

4. We didn't lose as many starters on defense. And were already heads and shoulders above the soft pups last year. So honest question, what Assumption would you make based on that?

Aug 14, 2014, 10:58 AM

> 1. you do realize how betting odds are decided
> right?

Yes.

> you are assuming hutson mason and the hire at dc will
> help you based on their FUTURE performance, most of
> which has nothing to do with thuga. [zing noted]

fify

> 3. A few facts
> 2013 Defense
> 2013 Offense

2014 game bright star

> 4. We didn't lose as many starters on defense. And
> were already heads and shoulders above the soft pups
> last year.

See conjecture and speculation reference in previous corrections of your diatribe

being much better on defense last year and stating

Aug 14, 2014, 11:04 AM

that we didn't lose as many starters on defense(which is 100% true) is conjecture?

Please Explain?

Sounds like we need to come up with something that rivals coot logic for these delusional thuga puppy fans.

Re: Can Tigers talk facts, not so far...

Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 AM

How many times will you edit the post above?

I'm counting 4 at the moment, seems yoU are having trouble in your world' IN getting a message out....

Once again using the Socratic method of what was, does not make for what is....

I presented you with stone cold facts of "what is" and what is too come and you couldn't handle the truth.

See tips for tigers in formulating a lucid response...

Go sniff a butt. Is that "lucid" enough?***

Aug 14, 2014, 11:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can Tigers talk facts, not so far...

Aug 14, 2014, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Tigers talk facts, not so far... ]

I'm waiting for these so called "stone cold facts of "what is""

you referring to what your dc did LAST year at a DIFFERENT school?

or what your qb did YEARS ago in high school?

or the 545 yards of offense LAST year?

using your Socratic method what does that have to do with what is?

Also...

Aug 14, 2014, 11:26 AM

"I presented you with stone cold facts of "what is" and what is too come"

firstly, it's what is TO come....

Secondly, you can tell the future?

Re: Also...

Aug 14, 2014, 12:16 PM

You getting flustered and upset prevents courtesy and dialog from taking place.

I presented you with solid facts from which you provided 'snearky, elementary, rebuttal.

I countered and here we are and yes I'm a soothsayer your forecast for "football happiness" is diminishing by the day.

Go Dawgs!

I'm not flustered and upset. just asking for these so called

Aug 14, 2014, 12:25 PM

facts....seems you are the one who can't provide them....

EDIT NOTE: Of course he won't reply with anything worthwhile.

Aug 14, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Tigers talk facts not so far... ]

You should be very happy you didn't have to play them.

Aug 14, 2014, 10:04 AM

> You should be very happy you didn't have to play them.

We didn't just hired them ;)

Aug 14, 2014, 11:20 AM

We soon will find out how that worked out for you, but make no mistake, you are no FSU, even with their former coach.

Had UGA ever gained 545 yards in a LOSS

Aug 14, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Can Tigers talk facts not so far... ]

before that game? That must have $ucked! And now you have a downgrade at QB against an improved Clemson defense. I feel good about it. Go Tigers!!!

Re: There's a few huge faults in your logic.....

Aug 14, 2014, 10:35 AM [ in reply to There's a few huge faults in your logic..... ]

and yet you seem to be assuming that you have the same caliber of players on offense as you had last year. And that is 100% not the case.

cole stoudt has a goatee and wears dressy jeans.

Not surprised that you cant read....but just for you....

Aug 14, 2014, 10:43 AM

if you'll notice my post above...

"I expect that our offense may see some drop off but with the scheme being what it is I do expect plug and play and for it to still be a top 25 offense. "

Re: Not surprised that you cant read....but just for you....

Aug 14, 2014, 11:02 AM

What? no mention of that in the post i responded to....can't read what's not there......Good Lord!

1. Our D is actually expected to be much improved this year.

2. Again, you seem to be forgetting that erin murray was able to keep our d at least somewhat honest with his passing threat. He was a proven commodity(and still didn't throw for a td against the weakest part of our D), not so much this year.

3. you seem to be assuming that you have the same caliber players on defense that FSU had last year. And that is 100% not the case.

wow you really are special....like I said please see post

Aug 14, 2014, 11:08 AM

above...

If you wish to respond to me how about reading all of my posts related to the subject. TIA doofus.

Re: wow you really are special....like I said please see post

Aug 14, 2014, 11:22 AM

sorry to disappoint you but i don't read every one of your meaningless posts. .....but it's obvious you read all of mine.

says the guy who is continually spewing nonsense....

Aug 14, 2014, 11:33 AM

CLASSIC

Aug 14, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: There's a few huge faults in your logic..... ]

Ok, Aaron Murray was a ###### that wore skinny jeans and a man purse and his career turned out pretty well for you guys.

I never said we wouldn't have a drop off on offense. I think we will, but not a lot. I do think that Cole will have a good season though. Also I believe our wr's and rb's our vastly underrated. The one thing that scares me is our line. If they can't protect Cole it could be a long game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2014, 11:26 AM

I believe our offense will be better. Granted, Sammy will be sorely missed, but we have many who have speed and can catch, and I think Cole will be, at least, as effective as QB since our OL and RB's should be improved and deeper.

Aug 14, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: There's a few huge faults in your logic..... ]

Cole wears skinny jeans. You realize that...right?

hey peter...your fave erin murray wore skinny jeans

Aug 14, 2014, 12:56 PM

with a purse...

you realize that right?

Aug 14, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: There's a few huge faults in your logic..... ]

Please continue to think we don't. I hope your team thinks that way, too.

Aug 14, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: There's a few huge faults in your logic..... ]

..and has a better passing completion percentage than Boyd....

Re: You are totally forgetting another of our major weapons

Aug 14, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

D Rod, a trained killer who has stared death in the face and will kick your leg humping dogs in the teeth and laugh. Ha!

Yes y'all got some yards on us in the

Aug 14, 2014, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

First game of the season; however, to think that our rushing defense didn't vastly improve over the season is delusional at best. An example is what we did with Andre Williams and mike Davis later in the year. Given they are no Girley, but they are very respectable backs and we held them in check.

With most of our defense returning I believe we will be able to at least slow down the rushing attack. If that's the case, then you better hope Masin is better than Arron. With that said, I hope Girley is able to keep his legs after the game.

Go TIGERS!!! And neuter the muts!

Aug 14, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

You are no FSU, and that is a fact. You should be with your resources and the willingness to take anybody, no matter what, but you are no FSU, and Pruitt probably already has figured that out.

LOL...there is one BIG problem with your logic.....

Aug 14, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

UGa doesn't have the same level of talent on defense that FSU had/has. I know you think you do but in reality, it's not even close.

Right now, Pruitt's biggest task/challenge at UGa is trying to make hotdogs out of dawg pewp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 14, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

Same scheme just different approach in coaching. It's not like our defense is learning an entirely new system. Who are all these losses your talking about?

After returning just three starters on D last year, the Bulldogs have 10 guys back who had seven or more starts and return 10 of their top 13 tacklers, led by LB Ramik Wilson. And I think they'll be much improved under former FSU D-coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.

You won't see two freshman and Connor Norman in our secondary this time around.

Sep 4, 2014, 11:53 PM [ in reply to LOL, big talk from a guy whose team ]

Now THIS was some fine reading.

trust me, the team is doing just that! we will not play a

Aug 14, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Athlon says Georgia is Overhyped ]

snap so our focus really won't matter much. Our Tigers WILL be prepared and focused....enjoy the show and I hope y'all are conditioned!

Re: trust me, the team is doing just that! we will not play a

Aug 14, 2014, 10:03 AM

I wonder if they have practiced how to fake injuries better than last season. It was embarrassing to watch, but I do think LSU was even worse at it.

you know they are because they were so bad at it last year***

Aug 14, 2014, 11:44 AM

Aug 14, 2014, 8:37 AM

The more hype the better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the SEC Killaz

Aug 14, 2014, 1:26 PM

Especially when it comes to mid-pack SECe teams like the puppies. They were absolutely shocked by our speed last year. This year it'll be an even bigger surprise.

They're home, so it'll be close, till the 4th.

Tigers walk the dogs...43-27.

Re: Clemson is the SEC Killaz

Sep 5, 2014, 4:11 PM

Dawg broke it's leash on the walk, ran away.

Not even the most over- hyped team in the SEC East***

Aug 14, 2014, 2:01 PM

Aug 14, 2014, 10:34 PM

UGA is always over hyped. Look back for the last 10 years at their pre-season ranking and compare it to where they actually finished at the end of the season.

Sep 4, 2014, 9:37 PM

Just cancelled my subscription to Athlon

They see you trollin'....they hatin'***

Sep 4, 2014, 9:56 PM

I'm glad somebody brought that up again.

Sep 4, 2014, 9:41 PM

IMO, UGAy has a good shot at winning their conference this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 9:58 PM

I personally hope Ga. does good this year. Its better to be beaten by a good team than beaten by a team that sucks.

We dropped considerably for losing. Georgia rose for the win

Sep 4, 2014, 11:57 PM

Now, according to ESPiN, they're favored to win the SEC. Maybe our loss shouldn't be judged so harshly.

Re: We dropped considerably for losing. Georgia rose for the win

Sep 5, 2014, 4:21 AM

I said on our board that CU is a very good football team and I think you will be in contention for the ACC.

There's only two teams in contention for the ACC, us and FSU

Sep 5, 2014, 7:01 AM

But thanks for the compliment anyways.

Re: There's only two teams in contention for the ACC, us and FSU

Sep 5, 2014, 4:10 PM

Yep, only two teams in the ACC that can win it.

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic