Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is on the upswing, and a relatively fast one.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Clemson is on the upswing, and a relatively fast one.

May 29, 2012, 2:23 AM

If we were a level program, whether elite or mediocre, I would support the whole "wait expansion out mentality ". We could give the ACC ten or fifteen years to turn it around and get new leadership. Because honestly we wouldn't lose our mediocre or elite status instantly. FSu has been just above average this past decade and they're still considered elite because of the 90s.

I don't know if we can afford that. Lets be honest with ourselves. Clemson has been average at best since Ford left, and we are just now coming back into prominence. Expansion can rock a changing program positively or negatively. If the ACC goes dormant, we might go with it, because our program isn't at a level where it can carry itself yet. People could easily dismiss the ACC for several years while it recoups.

This would at the least set us back a decade.I've waitedtoo long for Clemson to get a shot at glory.Do I think the b12 is the perfect home? Absolutely not. Butit is a home where we have the potential for Clemson to reach a golden age making Danny's time seem less like the apex and more like just a peak.I won't let a petty fear of change get in the way of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've got to see how this year turns out before we can

May 29, 2012, 6:36 AM

talk about prominence again. While last year was encouraging, it ended very poorly and we still haven't shown we can recruit and develop offensive linemen and defensive backs and linebackers. We could easily be 7-5 or worse this year but we could be better as well. Time will tell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC has the misfortune of being "down" exactly when TV

May 29, 2012, 8:33 AM

revenues are exploding. From now on, the rich are going to get richer and leave everyone else behind. Clemson needs to position itself in a place that's going to get richer.

That place is not in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup.the landscape has changed..

May 29, 2012, 8:36 AM

would love to stay in the acc.but sometimes change needs to happen for the better of the university.i mean we could stay then lets say vt and fsu bolt then we would be left out in the cold.i say we should move first.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is on the upswing, and a relatively fast one.

May 29, 2012, 9:48 AM

Just saying, for the ones of us that have been waiting twenty five plus years for the return of an elite FB program at Clemson. Our time is getting shorter by the day. At age 60 with average health, I don't believe I have twenty more years to wait and see how the acc will aid in our status of an elite program. I believe a SEC/B12 conference will aid in returning Clemson back to a power FB program much faster than a BB first conference ever will. Time is getting short for us older fans. And I'm all in for the SEC or B12. I don't think there is any chance with the SEC. So lets ride with the B12. GOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSSS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The B12 is not the perfect option, just the most viable one***

May 29, 2012, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic