Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wary about the Duke game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Wary about the Duke game

Nov 13, 2018, 9:16 AM

Past history, matchups on paper, national ranking, stats ...all that points to a blowout win on Saturday.

But.

Duke is a decent team with a good record. They are much faster and more skilled than they used to be. They've got an excellent coach and an upset win here would validate everything Cutcliffe has been doing.

Also, this seemingly inconsequential game is sandwiched right between last week's title-clinching game and the heated rivalry game with SC.

Most of all, though, I'm concerned about the small number of game related posts on here.

Over the last couple of years, we have unfortunately proven that we CAN lose to a significantly inferior opponent, even on our home field.

We need enthusiasm and focus, team AND fans, or we could have a very bleak Sunday morning.

GO, TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wary about the Duke game

Nov 13, 2018, 9:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's hard to be overly concerned...

Nov 13, 2018, 9:20 AM

about a team that got blown-out by Virginia (28-14) and Virginia Tech (31-14).

Their best win was a 21-7 win over Northwestern (6-4).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's hard to be overly concerned...

Nov 13, 2018, 9:24 AM

And they gave up 35 to UNC...28 in the first half.

do you feel like a ship on the ocean?

Nov 13, 2018, 9:21 AM

https://youtu.be/P5ZJui3aPoQ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 13, 2018, 9:24 AM

You say that Duke is much faster and more skilled than they used to be.

How would you compare this year's Clemson team in those same areas to the last time that we played Duke?

Nov 13, 2018, 11:49 AM

Certainly the Tigers are faster and more skilled than ever. The point is that Duke is no longer the complete doormat they used to be.

BTW, thanks for the non "your a looser" comment.

Their QB is coming off an injured shoulder

Nov 13, 2018, 9:27 AM

queue Christian Wilkins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A woo woo

Nov 13, 2018, 11:04 AM

You are going to be in trouble with the pansys on her for even suggesting he might be bigger than that QB and cause him pain

Re: A woo woo

Nov 13, 2018, 11:05 AM

Am I even allowed to say pansey on here or will that offend?

Nov 13, 2018, 9:33 AM

Don't be. Tigers are such a veteran team w/maybe the best leadership in the U.S. - NO WAY they overlook 1 team. They play each game, every team like it's the "Natty." Hard to remember any team - ever - w/such determination & focus.

I like Cutcliffe - 1 of the "good guy" coaches (and the easiest HC job in the country). No worries & $3-million a year as long as he plays .500 ball. It's not Duke B-BALL, so fans are super happy if he wins 6 or 7. He's found the best $3-mil job in America! CU 49 - Blue-Dudes 13.

Nov 13, 2018, 11:51 AM

Certainly hope---and expect---that you are right.

Anything Can Happen. But, there is no need!

Nov 13, 2018, 1:51 PM

The Tigers would have to come out with the wrong mindset in order for Duke to beat them! I don't see that happening! A good deal of seniors will hopefully try and ball out the next two games. I suspect they will. The young guys will want to send the seniors out w/a bang!
I get where the concern is coming from as Syracuse and Pitt still gets mentioned on here nearly daily! There were special circumstances with those games though. We are relatively healthy and the Pitt home loss has raised the bar on how we handle games like this. No more freebies. The near-miss in the NC State game as well has this coaching staff doing what is necessary to ensure our Tigers players come with the right focus! They will!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy sh!t

Nov 13, 2018, 9:41 AM

More of you people? There’s nothing to worry about against Duke. It’s like you haven’t been paying attention all season to see the level this team is at compared to all the other clown cars we are going to play before the playoff. This Duke team isn’t good they’re just playing in an awful division.

Where's the tylenol?!***

Nov 13, 2018, 10:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Holy sh!t

Nov 13, 2018, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Holy sh!t ]

Clearly you are wrong. The OP is right... we need to be wary of Duke. I for one am not comfortable until we are up by 35+ points so I’ll be a nervous wreck for at least a quarter and a half.

Re: Holy sh!t

Nov 13, 2018, 10:59 AM

Number #1. It's a game. Breathe.
Number #2. Our Tigers are dialed in.
(We're going to do fine)

I remember stressing out when I was younger. Now I just enjoy the ride. #LifeisGood ????

The only thing that should make you wary is that Dabo's

Nov 13, 2018, 9:43 AM

teams have lost just this kind of game the last two years.

But that's also what should relieve you of you worries.

There's no way under God's green earth that he's going to allow his team to be complacent about this game.

We win, and win BIG.

Sat back and enjoy the ride.

Nov 13, 2018, 9:52 AM

Our 2nd string could beat Duke. Score on our defense? Stop our offense? They don't have the players to do that!

if the team thought like TNET thinks.....

Nov 13, 2018, 10:02 AM

They would overlook Duke
They would have a freshman lacrosse player punting
They would have fired Elliot & Scott
They would have re-hired Elliot & Scott
They would have put Rogers on the bench
They would have pulled Rogers off the bench
and everyone would be banned.

Thankfully the team thinks better than TNET

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: if the team thought like TNET thinks.....

Nov 13, 2018, 11:04 AM

What gets me TigerCook is game day threads....holy Toledo! First Qtr of 99.9 % of our games and the coaches are clueless, the oline sucks and Alabama will kill is if we play like this. ??

Nov 13, 2018, 10:13 AM

I've watched bits and pieces of two of their games, Pitt and VT. They couldn't stop Pitts run game, and they couldn't stop VT from throwing the ball downfield on them all game. This game will go basically like the NCSU game. We will score as much as we want, and will give up points based on when we sub in the two's and three's. Prediction = 49-7.

Clemson is an elite team with a great record

Nov 13, 2018, 10:31 AM

We are much faster and more skilled than we used to be. We've got an excellent coach and a big win here would validate the maturity of this highly motivated team.

Not only that, if the first team takes Duke less seriously than they should, I have a feeling our second and third stringers will be eager to take the field and hammer Duke in the fashion that they deserve.

And heated rivalry game with SC? Are any of their fans even coming to the game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 10:37 AM

Your first word summed it up "past", the one thing that doesn't effect this team anymore. This will be every bit of a 24+ pt win.

Nov 13, 2018, 10:48 AM

Idk, are ppl paranoid or just scared?] Every week, it's oh no we got slippery rock, they might beat us....uh NO!! So stop this, its Dook oh no, lol....

Nov 13, 2018, 12:02 PM

HEY!!! Lay off the Rockets! "Slimy Pebble" is a fine institution with a rich football tradition. For many years, more people cared about their scores than ours.

And, remember this, "If you haven't been to Primanti Brothers, you haven't been to Slippery Rock."

Nov 13, 2018, 10:48 AM

Idk, are ppl paranoid or just scared?] Every week, it's oh no we got slippery rock, they might beat us....uh NO!! So stop this, its Dook oh no, lol....

Dook is a real Jekyll and Hyde story this year. Hard to say

Nov 13, 2018, 10:52 AM

which one is going to show up. But, since we get everyones best shot anyway, I expect the Debils to play well. Which should not matter, as long as we play to Clemson standards. Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2018, 10:52 AM

Heather is that you? Are we on upset alert again? ?? J/k

The team is dialed-in. That’s what we need.

Nov 13, 2018, 12:37 PM

I expect Duke to have some offensive wins here and there but overall they still have a lot less talent than we do and they have numerous starters on defense out or banged-up. As long as the team is focused we should win.

Honestly, if I’m Cutcliffe I’m probably not rushing back any injured players. If you’re playing the numbers game, you want that eighth win against Wake next week. We’re more of a distraction between UNC and Wake, I think.

null

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic