Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 142
| visibility 1

Deer Clemson

Jan 1, 2020, 7:17 AM

Tl;dr. Travel tips, smack suggestions, and player discussion

1). Travel.

It’s a long drive, but there are some cool spots and great food along the way.

A lot of you are staying out of the City (Slidell, Metairie, Northshore) because of hotel prices. That’s smart, but plan ahead. Traffic will be snarled coming in, and you should plan your parking. Remember that Canal is closed at Rampart if you are coming from Slidell.

Walking at night pretty much anywhere but in the Quarter with crowds is a very bad idea. We lose a few tourists every year to that, and more are robbed/beaten. A drunken Clemson fan is an easy mark. Please be careful.

Uber/Lyft work pretty well here. You can also cab it from most hotels.

Bring a pair of loose pants. You will need them for the return trip. The food is that good.

You can walk the street with a drink in your hand. Just ask for a “go cup.”

2. Fans/Boards

LSU fans go from “Tiger Bait” to “F you” to “Have a beer” very quickly. If you get Tiger Baited, and you will, just be a good sport. We do have common ground. For example, we both hate Bama.

The LSU boards are both far more raucous and far more technical than this one. If you want to troll up some smack talk or have a serious Xs and Os discussion, try there. I’m not knocking this board, and maybe the format here is a barrier to me. I do appreciate that this board has its own language (e.g., “Deer”).

Try not to say ####### things. The corn dog thing just puzzles us. It’s really dumb. And less than half of the fan base is Cajun. For those that are Cajun, calling them a coonass is hardly insulting. Neither New Orleans nor Baton Rouge is a Cajun city. NOLA is creole, and BR is more or less Bible Belt redneck. The Waterboy allusions are also a little stale. So please try to elevate your smack game if you want to go there.

3. Players/game

Joe Burrow won the Heisman by a record vote. That wasn’t an accident. He’s faced defenses as good as yours and as deceptive. You might want to check out the Auburn 3-1-7. He’s got the tools to overcome your strengths. And good luck rattling him.

Brady and E will not take the foot off of the gas like Ryan Day. They will go for it on fourth and two. And they will not settle for field goals in the red zone. If you get behind by 14, you will not catch up.

The D is healthy, and Divinity is back. That gives Dave Aranda more tools than he has had all year. Delpit is healed up. Chaisson is on fire. Stingley has experience now to go along with incredible talent.

This team is loose. They know there is very little you can throw at them that they haven’t seen. And they know their coaches can quickly adjust. This team is also extremely close knit.

Clemson has a great team. Don’t get me wrong. All I am saying is that if this board represents your fan base, well, then your fan base might want to do a little soul searching.

Here’s to a great game with no injuries. It should be one we tell our grandkids about. Thanks to all Clemson fans here for the (mostly) gracious reception.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Clemson

Jan 1, 2020, 7:26 AM

Time to take out the trash!

Oh what will the defending Champions do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Look another LSU fan coming here to try and reassure

Jan 1, 2020, 1:08 PM

Themselves that they are an unbeatable SEC team!

Wow these guys are insecure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 7:51 AM

First, congratulations on a truly worthless post.

Second, regarding "Divinity is back" you can put me down as totally shocked--NOT--that Ed removed his suspension for the National Championship Game. Wow... who could have seen that coming?

Third, let's just decide the game on the field.

Finally, I'll leave it at that and go do my "soul searching."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 8:02 AM

“First, congratulations on a truly worthless post.“

In response, I’d recommend you find an Airbnb in Holly Grove and walk to and from the game.

This is kind of what I’m talking about. Your smack game is weak as a newborn kitten.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:16 AM

Sorry, Bud, didn't mean to upset you.

"Smack Game?" I don't talk smack, I talk facts. When I said, "congratulations on a truly worthless post," I was being factual... and serious.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:37 AM

Then you’re everything I thought you were.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Clemson ]

point for Holly Grove reference...Weezy taught me that place is no good...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 7:54 AM

>> You can walk the street with a drink in your hand. Just ask for a “go cup.”

If you are like OSU fans, you will be asking for a "sippy cup" after the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I stopped at #2.. Fitting now that I think about it

Jan 1, 2020, 7:59 AM

#2 Your coach is literally ripped straight from the Waterboy...not sure how that is played out...

Anyways When I go take a #2 later maybe I'll finish your pointers.

P.S.
I agree this bored is archaic as all git out. But it's home and the landlords have no issue taking the Tiger faithful money, but don't be expecting them to install indoor plumbing.

Re: I stopped at #2.. Fitting now that I think about it

Jan 1, 2020, 8:05 AM

“P.S.
I agree this bored is archaic as all git out. But it's home and the landlords have no issue taking the Tiger faithful money, but don't be expecting them to install indoor plumbing.”

I get it.

Rating posters on positive feedback is the worst feature. It leads to groupthink.

Most of us rate posters on reasoned legit comments ...

Jan 1, 2020, 12:03 PM

... trolls and those who want to be contrarian without benefit of a reasoned argument get “thumbed down” ...

You probably get a lot of up votes because you made a legitimate reasonable post. Group think in this case equals Clemson fans thinking you are “okay”.

One final thought: Those who use this board for free, yet complain about its functionality represent a curious irony.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Complaining about a free board

Jan 1, 2020, 2:54 PM

Trant is free, and it’s a lot more functional.

Re: Then why are you here? Stay there and you won’t subject

Jan 1, 2020, 4:03 PM

yourself to the “archaic” board. You stated your opinion and it is worth as much as it cost.

Go Tigers beat the gumbo out of the faux tiggers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

You literally have the same thing on Tiger Droppings

Jan 1, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I stopped at #2.. Fitting now that I think about it ]

Nice try

Jan 1, 2020, 8:05 AM

The ole olive branch "set-up" with advice on the city, travel, etc.

Then the real purpose of the article: "we're the greatest team ever"

A subtle form of talking trash

Let's let the teams decide it

Re: Nice try

Jan 1, 2020, 8:11 AM

“A subtle form of talking trash”

I’m not subtle when I talk trash. You’ll see that after the game when Jesus doesn’t love you, Sunshine, and Dayboy any more.

I was really and honestly trying to give y’all some good tips. I always appreciate posters from opposing teams who come to the Rant with objective takes and local info. That’s what I was going for here.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:09 AM

“Dayboy” talk is as old as the Waterboy talk you referenced above....

Jan 1, 2020, 10:38 AM

Maybe. But Sunshine is fresh.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

I’m sure I speak for the rest of the board when I say we will be very happy when your middle school winter break is over.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Nice try ]

All your tips can be found with a quick google search. I’d rather stay on your own board, you can beat your chest there about Joe and Coach O.

Here’s some more info for everyone. The city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana is the dirtiest place in the US. The government on both local and state are highly corrupt. The infrastructure of the statr and city is archaic. The state smells like swamp ###. The states economy is probably the worst in the United States. Everyone pulls for LSU in the state, yet most of them people never step foot on campus.

Coach O is the perfect representation of what you will encounter in NOLA. You won’t be able to understand half the people, so just nod and walk away.

The food is the only redeeming quality. It’s not anything to go crazy over though.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice try...actually

Jan 1, 2020, 4:14 PM

Chicago and Illinois say 'Hi'! New Orleans is at least a place I've visited and will return. I won't return to Chicago...without an exceedingly good reason...and even then...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach O is not a New Orleanian

Jan 1, 2020, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice try ]

And Orleanians speak nothing like O.

You’ve shown real ignorance here.

Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian

Jan 1, 2020, 4:50 PM

I’ve lived there previously and my entire family is from St Benard. The guy sounds just like my grandfather who was born in raised in NOLA suburbs.

So no, I’m not ignorant of the area, history, culture, or state. I spent 2 weeks there every summer from the time I was 3 or 4 to 18 years old.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 5:03 PM

“Da Parish” is a world away from Orleans. And Bebe is definitely not a Chalmatian.

You can’t tell Kennehbruh from Yat from DTB. Mais, we gonna send Coco to peelay your cooyon ####, you fils putain.

You either have no ear for accents or you are lying or both.

Abide the rule of holes. When you are in one, stop digging.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:14 PM

A world away? St Benard touches Orleans parish. I know you coon ### swamp people don’t get much of a education, but pick up a map.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:21 PM

You’re digging, Baw.

Jefferson Paris is not equal to St Bernard is not equal to Orleans. They abut one another. They are very different places.

And none of them is REMOTELY like south Lafourche, Eaux’s home.

Were you drunk the whole time you lived there?

Jan 1, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian ]

You’re digging, Baw.

Jefferson Paris is not equal to St Bernard is not equal to Orleans. They abut one another. They are very different places.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian ]

You’re digging, Baw.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:32 PM

Once again, pick up a map.

And by the way, none of this changes the fact the state is a #### hole. We need to sell it back to the French and let them clean it up, since you toothless swamp ##### can’t.

Really unfortunate the game is played in that state for everyone. If my family wasn’t from there I would never step foot back into the state again. It has nothing going to it

Fried shrimp poboys from Parkway taste like #### compared to Smoking Pig BBQ in Pendleton, SC.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian ]

A world away? St Benard touches Orleans parish. I know you coon ### swamp people don’t get much of a education, but pick up a map.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:41 PM

Gert Town abuts Uptown. Think they are alike?

Clemson effectively abuts North Carolina. Are they the same?

Y’all combine wanton hubris with wholesale ignorance. It’s not a good look. It’s fun for me, though.

Gonna be gunner come January 13th. That Orgeron, he’s canaille, him.

Jan 1, 2020, 5:56 PM

Do they teach geography in Louisiana ?

I knew your people were dumb, but not this dumb.

Clemson is roughly one hour from the North Carolina. Clemson is closer to the Georgia state line than North Carolina (25 miles).

Chalmette, a city in St Benard Parish, is literally counted in the New Orleans census.

Please stop posting here. You’re confirming the coon ### stereotypes fan bases have for LSU fan. You’ve actually dug your self into a crater. You don’t know jack #### about geography or math apparently.

You SO smart

Jan 1, 2020, 6:09 PM

Clemson to Rodman, NC is 41 miles. Rodman is 8 to 10 miles from the border. That’s under 35 miles using even Clemson math.

Perhaps you are including the curvature of the earth. Maybe you are plotting some great circle route. You could possibly be accounting for terrain differentials using CAD plotting. You are, after all, soooooo smart.

Or maybe you are just another idiot. Think I’ll go with that one.

Re: You SO smart

Jan 1, 2020, 8:58 PM

I’ve trolled this toothless swamp man so hard he had to actually had to look at a map for the first time and tell me how far Clemson is from some podunk town in NC. How long did it take you to figure this out ? Mission accomplished.

Your state is still a giant #### hole with an embarrassing economy. Go back pound your chest back on SEC Rant, fool.

And by the way, Eratosthenes . . .

Jan 1, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian ]

The real comparison is between Orleans and Larose.

They are separated by the largest river in the US plus fifty miles of marsh and swamp. They are vastly different cultures, settled at different times by different people.

It’s really stunning that y’all claim to know Jack about this. Wow. Appallingly ill informed.

Technically you can’t “dig” a crater

Jan 1, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach O is not a New Orleanian ]

Craters can be formed by objects hitting the earth at high speed, bombs, or subsurface subsidence (sinkholes and sometimes oil and gas blowouts). They are never “dug.”

Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back

Jan 1, 2020, 8:16 AM

for this game. Paaalease. Lmao Can't make this stuff up.

Not that it's gonna matter. Long day coming up for y'all.

Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back

Jan 1, 2020, 8:22 AM

See. Now this is what I’m talking about.

You realize he was out for Bama, our biggest game. And you realize that the NCAA, not Eaux, had to clear him, right?

My impression of Big 12 fans was that they lived in a bubble, an echo chamber of self-reinforcing yet fact-free beliefs. I’m starting to get that same impression here.

We know the game. SEC SEC SEC***

Jan 1, 2020, 8:30 AM

Jan 1, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back ]

And when I get a bad impression of a place, I stay away from it....yet you linger...why? I don't go to your boards and complain. I don't go to your boards period. Most here don't.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:44 AM

“I don't go to your boards period. Most here don't.“

Well, a visit to other boards might do you some good. Challenge yourself to something a little more strenuous than an ACC schedule. It’s healthy.

We Schedule TWO SEC Teams every year.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:33 AM

We can't help our schedule.

Oddly, in the history of the Playoff, the SEC and ACC are represented more than any two conferences.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 1, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back ]

Looking forward to a war of a game. But just remember, as of today, you have accomplished nothing more than Georgia. What's worse than never getting the playoff era Championship? Not winning it. You could wake up on the 14th with the fear that it just might not happen for you again. It not now then when ....another decade? Do think Bama and the SEC will allow you , the red haired, ####### child, to beat them with any consistency? The past says "hell no" and the future my be worse. So I get your fear......."we don't want to go back THERE so we have to win". Good Luck. Clemson is coming for you and they sure as hell ain't scared. So beat your chest and rattle your chain. Posture and strut. So enjoy the sun while it shines on your ###. Sundown on the 13th, it will be gone and it's back to bruises on your knees.

If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back ]

You're in for a shocker bayou devilzboi.
Clemson has been playing top teams in the CFP. Why do LSU fans think we should be scared of Bama's doormat year in and year out? I guess y'all did finally beat them with a gimpy Tua so that counts. Your D struggled with that gimp. You'll not contain a very much pissed off and focused Clemson TEAM. Your fanbase is just like Oklahoma, Ohio St fans. Y'all talk too much. Get smacked on the 13th. I don't care if y'all come back here to accept your defeat or not.

Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:47 AM

“Why do LSU fans think we should be scared of Bama's doormat year in and year out?”

Vegas says hello. Some lines are now -6 (105).

Jan 1, 2020, 9:05 AM

I don’t know. What’s your record against Bama this decade?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has been favored in 2 of the 8 CFP games played

Jan 1, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson. ]

Ohio St, and Notre Dame last year.

And are 6-2 in those 8 games.
Disrespect is just the world Clemson lives in.

You can't see it, but that puts a big smile on my face.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson. ]

Been there done that spread game against better competition. Now it makes more sense why LSU fans are so #### condescending with their cockiness.Ask Saban, Urban, Stoops how that worked out for them. As I said better competition. LOL. This gawna be goooood.

Re: You can't see it, but it will put big money in my pockey

Jan 1, 2020, 9:16 AM

I’m down large at -3. This gaawwnn pay off big.

Can y’all try to bid the line down again? I might hit it again at four and a hook.

Re: You can't see it, but it will put big money in my pockey

Jan 1, 2020, 2:07 PM

Thanks for the original post. The subsequent ones not so much. I understand since the reception was less than hospitable but I am not sure which is the real you.

I have one question and a couple of comments.

Question: Since you seem to imply that you are a sharp, if you were betting on Clemson would you have laid your money yet? I don’t think the sharps that like Clemson have put most of their money down yet since the spread has gotten better for them.

Comments: Just because your team is on a hot streak this year doesn’t make you a gambling guru. A lot of Clemson fans think that they are betting geniuses because they have been beating the experts for 7 or 8 years now. It is a 10+ point difference between the hypothetical line before the semi finals and the current line. Your victory over Oklahoma was impressive but I am not sure that much so.

As for our defense, I don’t think you have faced a defense as good as ours much less multiple ones. Our biggest weakness is against a physical running attack and that is not your strong point. You have a fantastic offense and I don’t expect to stop it, but we have the personnel to slow it down more than anybody else has. The coordinators on both sides get to justify the giant salaries. We’ll see how it goes but I know where my money will be.

Thanks Bareftn

Jan 1, 2020, 2:28 PM

This isn’t my first year betting. And only about 25% is allocated to LSU.

The line has been at 5 1/2 for about 48 hours now. The vig moved up on LSU for a while, making me think the line would move. But it didn’t, and the juice remains at 105 both sides.

If I were Clemson with the confidence of this Board, I’d bet the house on the moneyline.

Your defense is GREAT. No doubt about it. But I think it depends on subs, and LSU will not give you time or opportunity to change packages. Maybe we should all but the o/u on substitution penalties (over!).

Your fan base seems very prone to feeling disrespected. Maybe that works for your team. It does seem more pronounced with Clemson than with other bases.

As just one example, when I offer legit safety tips based on real world experience in NOLA, you Baws think I am calling them unsophisticated rubes.

If your folks bet on emotion, then I love my bets.

Moneyline is +180

Jan 1, 2020, 2:44 PM

Y’all should be all in on that if you believe what you say. That’s giving Clemson less than a 36% chance of winning. You all should see that as the value bet of the decade based on what you say.

Re: Moneyline is +180

Jan 1, 2020, 3:06 PM

I would agree the money line is a better bet. If you win then I think you put up a lot of points making 5 or 6 not a big deal.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson. ]

Vegas doesn’t predict outcomes. Vegas set the line to make money. HTH

Jan 1, 2020, 10:42 AM

“Vegas doesn’t predict outcomes. Vegas set the line to make money. HTH“

Really? What a news flash.

The sharps are usually on the money. And we laid it down hard between -3 and -5.

Clemson is 4-2 in playoff games as an Underdog

Jan 1, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson. ]

Somehow a small line in your favor in basically a home game for you doesn't scare me all that much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If you think for a moment Oklahoma = Clemson. ]

Not now!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back ]

I’m on a train leaving Madrid, Spain. As you might guess I am well traveled. So forgive me for taking your travel advice in good faith but then listening to you lecture us about how to talk and act. Don’t get wrong I love O and how he has adapted his English skill, but don’t lecture others in reading writing or talking.
As to your team I admire the total destruction of OU and that you are 14-0 this year. Welcome to your first CFP, But please don’t act as if it’s our first time. You act like a Bama fan with your assumption of superiority.
Let me finish by letting you know there will be an SEC SEC SEC chant at the end of the game. The question is whether it will be done by LSU fans or Clemson fans. We take pride in being like 10-2 against the SEC lately. Oh and congratulations on finally beating Bama. How often does that happen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 9:00 AM

“I’m on a train leaving Madrid, Spain. As you might guess I am well traveled. So forgive me for taking your travel advice in good faith but then listening to you lecture us about how to talk and act.“

I’m just giving you the local take. If someone from Madrid advised me on local customs, well, hell I’d probably listen. But I’m just a little old LSU fan that no one respects . . .

Take it or leave it. It’s up to you.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Ya ya. Divinity just happens to get back ]

Actually, as I remember it, lsu never said exactly why he wasn’t playing. I seem to remember some nebulous taking some time for himself excuse.

If Divinity was suspended for 7 games, what was it for? Officially.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:23 AM

Wow!,
You must be a real expert. So you think Clemson fans need a tutor for playoff and bowl games? You remind me of a South Carolina alum/fan. That isn’t a compliment. Clemson fans have a some experience. Clemson fans can walk and chew gum simultaneously. Clemson’s team and coaches are battle tested, most of the players have bowl/playoff experience.

I hope you feel better or even more superior after your expert instructions to an inexperienced and intellectually challenged fan base.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:26 AM

“I hope you feel better or even more superior after your expert instructions to an inexperienced and intellectually challenged fan base.”

Naw. I’m really more amused. That’s some very thin skin you’ve got there.

I watched six Clemson games start to finish this year (including NC). How many LSU games have you seen?

Yes Auburn, Bama, UGA.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:54 AM

Saw all I needed to. LSU not as dominant on offense when faced with equal+ defense. Burrow does not worry me as much. He's an amazing talent, but we have talent on the field that can neutralize him. The big difference is our offense is much better than any of those three SEC beasts I named. Your defense is not the world beater OU and the media is making you think they are. But you'll learn soon enough when you face a TEAM that can get punched and stand back up. Honestly though I think the thing with your delusional fans sending threats to ETN's mom, whether as a hoax or not, lights up a fire and another gear inside this young man's heart. And along with the rest of the Clemson TEAM they wreck havoc on the LSU "Never Was" Tigers.

Re: Yes Auburn, Bama, UGA.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:08 AM

“Your defense is not the world beater OU and the media is making you think they are.”

It’s definitely not our strongest. But let’s flip it.

How did Clemson do against tempo offenses that didn’t substitute? Saban has over fifty blitz packages. But to implement them, he has to change personnel. You can’t do that if the offense doesn’t sub. And we can run the same eleven for a whole drive.

I appreciate the discussion

Jan 1, 2020, 10:48 AM

And that is a good point - offenses that don't sub do make things more difficult for our defensive style. So do wheel routes, which are our Achilles heal and I'm sure you can run. That said - our RedZone scoring defense is excellent and there's a good chance you will be settling for more field goals than usual. The question is can your defense keep us out of the end zone as much as ours can keep yours out? It will be a good game and I agree with your comment above that a 14+ point lead would be difficult to overcome - although I think that comment goes both ways.

I think we’ve found common ground

Jan 1, 2020, 2:52 PM

Here’s to a great game, and no injuries.

I’m a defense guy, so I personally can’t wait to see what Venables dials up. Gonna be fun!

Re: Yes Auburn, Bama, UGA.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes Auburn, Bama, UGA. ]

OU got a fifty spot put on the by Kansas St. Mighty Kansas St beat them.

Kansas St just lost to Navy in their bowl game.

OU is ####### trash Cajun boy. We would put 63 on them and not give up 4 touchdowns in the process. And we definitely would be playing our starting QB at the start of the 4th quarter when the game was out of hand. Your little swamp man coach is going to get bitched slapped by Dabo for trying to embarrass people all year. He needs to take some notes from Dabo’s coaching book. Because if Clemson doesn’t do it, someone is going to embarrasses you in the next few years to the likes of 70-0. And I’m going to sit there and laugh knowing it was because Coach O purposely has ran the score up on teams this year.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:24 AM

Since you cleverly started your post with "advice" on things, I have a suggestion.

Go to LSU fan boards and advise your coonass fans to stop threatening our players' families....their MOMS for crying out loud.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:32 AM

“Go to LSU fan boards and advise your coonass fans to stop threatening our players' families....their MOMS for crying out loud.“

Well, anyone who seriously threatened Etienne’s family better not show up in Jeff Davis Parish. It would be hazardous to one’s health. They don’t play out there.

I tried to run that down to see if it was true, and I couldn’t verify it. But if it happened, it’s despicable. And if it happened, someone will end up in jail over it.

I saw a posted image of his mother’s tweet, When I went to her account, it wasn’t there. Are we sure this was real?

It happened. It is real. You are late to

Jan 1, 2020, 8:42 AM

the game. Research it further.

Re: It happened. It is real. You are late to

Jan 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

Ok. Let me look. That should never happen.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:55 AM

Ok. So from what I can tell, Mrs Etienne got a threat on social media that she “did not take seriously.”

That’s still very wrong on the part of whoever did it. And if the narrative is that the Etiennes are the victim of widespread local hostility, well, that’s definitely not true. Hell, half of Louisiana couldn’t find Jennings on a map.

All that said, let me check in with my Jeff Davis “sauces” and see what I hear.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:03 AM

My “sauce” responded almost instantly.

“Anyone wants to come to Jennings and threaten anybody better watch out. That whole town will help hide the bodies.”

I posted that!

Jan 1, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Clemson ]

Yes it's real. She had to take her Twitter down after she finished the police report.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/LSU-fans-Attacking-26627475

Don't you dare question my veracity unless you are willing to come do it face to face. I'm in the 29631. Let me know the date and time and I'll see you in the shadow of the oculus.

"Deer Clemson" is a nice post.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:45 AM

1. Thanks for the welcome and the civility.
2. Congratulations on a great season.
3. Every LSU fan should be ashamed of stealing our stadium nickname. The theft is undeniable.
4. Clemson is happy you took Alabama out this year; they were getting old and boring.
5. Clemson is happy you took Georgia out this year; do it again next year.
6. Clemson is happy you kept Auburn in her place.
7. Everyone loves Coach O. He represents LSU well I think but I didn't really understand what he said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Deer Clemson" is a nice post.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:48 AM

Well said. Cheers.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:57 AM

If Kevin Steele can hold you to 23 points I know Venables will keep you out of the endzone.

Also, if teams like Vandy and Ole Miss can put over 30 points on you then Trevor Lawerence is going to have a field day.

You've played a bunch of overhyped as usual SEC teams that make you think you're a world beater but just like Alabama last year you are in for a rude awakening.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:58 AM

Point for using "Deer"

Jan 1, 2020, 9:08 AM

1). Thanks.
2). Nice try, Corndog.
3). Bring it.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:10 AM

Brevity is an art. You, sir, are an artist. Props.

Jan 1, 2020, 6:45 PM

You've watched too many movies.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:16 AM

In case the OP is not old enough to remember, it was CLEMSON that went for it 4th-and-16 to Nuk Hopkins, made it, and then defeated LSU with the FG. That started the downward spiral for LSU (12/31/2012) and it has taken LSU 7 years to recover. CLEMSON plans to send LSU into their next downward spiral on 1/13/2020. It is what it is. Enjoy your run LSU, 'cause it's about to end in flaming glory.

Bama is waiting to beat that LSU butt when they meet again. I think UF and Auburn want some of that too. Even ol' Uncle Lou will be adding LSU to his YSIO list next season.

Jan 20, 2021, 4:40 PM

“Nuk Hopkins,”

I was previously unaware that he or any other member of the 2012 team was playing on January 13th.

The tips are great and much appreciated

Jan 1, 2020, 9:31 AM

The trash talk? Well have at it if that is your thing. But thats exactly what it is...talk. You may be right with your assessments but I kind of doubt it myself. LSU has had a great year but it appears you see things no differently than our whipping boys in Columbia: the SEC is some kind of birthright to greatness.
We are a mainstay in the playoff. We are also PROVEN in the playoff. Can you lay claim to that? It doesnt guarantee victories in the least but its a better indicator that the words you type isnt it? I'll tell you what..you may win we may win we will see but I'll say this...we will be back in it YET AGAIN next year and I'll lay some cash that you will not.
As far as the Heisman...well that just may be the most meaningless piece of tin ever given a name. Its a joke. Got to be touching knowing Burrow is right up there with Gino Toretta, huh? Burrow is Mitch Trubisky...only less athletic.
Good luck on the game. I know we will show up. I hope between your mouth and fingers you have enough left to actually try to cheer and root when it matters.

honest question - how's the pressure factor for LSU?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:32 AM

you have your 5th-year all-world QB in his last game ever - he gone. This might be your ONE shot at glory. Next year is a big ol' unknown. Saban isn't gonna take this lying down, you know.

As for Clemson - what pressure? Reigning National Champs, QB is back next year, #1 recruiting class coming in, played most Freshmen in the country this season. Gonna be even better next year, and maybe even beyond that. We may win 30 MORE in a row.

I just wonder what the "pucker factor" is knowing this is your best - and maybe only - shot.
Gotta be stressful.

Re: honest question - how's the pressure factor for LSU?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:58 AM

“I just wonder what the "pucker factor" is knowing this is your best - and maybe only - shot.
Gotta be stressful.“

Maybe if it were against Ohio State. Not against Clemson.

nonsensical answer - Clemson is a better program than OSU

Jan 1, 2020, 10:06 AM

they have a rookie coach and flaky QB.

Clemson is

Actually, your answer tells me all I need to know. Psychological projection is one of the basics.
You not gonna sleep much the next 13 days.

As Ohio St did in the first quarter.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: honest question - how's the pressure factor for LSU? ]

You have shot your load. You got nothing else for the next 12 days. Everything you say is just regurgitated swamp assgass. LOL as I said this gawna be good.

Enjoyed the post....

Jan 1, 2020, 9:59 AM

Some good points made, congrats on a good year in 2019.

It sucks that 2020 is going to start off so bad for you.

Go Tigers!

Another SEC dump that potential stabbings are a concern

Jan 1, 2020, 10:02 AM

We've read this story before somewhere

Re: Another SEC dump that potential stabbings are a concern

Jan 1, 2020, 10:06 AM

We should all just smile and say welcome to the new guy. LSU is new money that doesn’t know how to be rich. This is literally the first successful season this decade. Give the fans their moment in the sun because I doubt they will be around in the playoffs often.

Hey, OP!

Jan 1, 2020, 10:09 AM

For whatever it's worth, it annoys me that TS_Tiger® lets his bug crawl over this bored! ;)

Jan 1, 2020, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Another SEC dump that potential stabbings are a concern ]

“This is literally the first successful season this decade.”

Every college football team is presently 0-0 this decade.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

You don't football much? This is the 2019 season.

I'm just messing anyway

Jan 1, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Another SEC dump that potential stabbings are a concern ]

It's not their stadium, so.......

Really more a jab at cootville there

Jan 1, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Another SEC dump that potential stabbings are a concern ]

You may not be following me. Tourists of all stripes are easy marks. This isn’t Clemson specific.

I’ve done what I can. Just please don’t let me read a headline about a drunken Clemson fan murdered while trying to walk down Claiborne at 3 am after a stint at Miss Maes.

THIS WILL NOT GO WELL FOR YOU***

Jan 1, 2020, 10:20 AM

Finebaum has told us this for 5 straight years

Jan 1, 2020, 10:25 AM

we're pretty used to idle SEC declarations of doom.

Quoting Finebaum to an LSU fan is like quoting Karl Marx to Adam Smith

Jan 1, 2020, 10:32 AM

We hate Pawwwwwllll, probably more than you.

regardless of that, point is we hear it every year

Jan 1, 2020, 10:39 AM

like the sun rises and sets every day. None of this is breaking news to us.

SEC is great.
All SEC teams are superior to Clemson.
Clemson plays no one, so Clemson cannot possibly beat a superior SEC team.
Clemson has no chance to beat [insert SEC team here].
Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's all Finebaum-speak, no matter who utters it.

And you ain’t hearing that from me

Jan 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

Clemson has a great team and a gift for pulling it off. Your coaching is outstanding from a team Dabo has kept intact for years.

Clemson could easily win.

My point is that your base seems to be underestimating LSU. My money is down on LSU giving three.

If I believed in Clemson as much as you do, I’d bet the points and the moneyline, which right now gives Clemson only a 37% chance of winning. If this bored believes itself, the moneyline is a huge value bet.

Clemson has played in 14 post-season games the last 5 years

Jan 1, 2020, 11:17 AM

5 ACC championship games, 9 CFP games.

Several of them have been 2000 miles away, Arizona and California.
These tickets have cost a minimum of $200 each, with some up to $700-800 face value (if you could even get a FV ticket). Add in plane fares, hotels, etc.

Quite a bankroll required to be a Clemson football fan these days. You have no idea what that is like.

How you think Clemson people have afforded to go to all these games?

We own Vegas.
That's the fun of being little old perpetual underdog Clemson.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:23 AM

Appreciate the thoughts.

FYI. This board doesn’t handle smack talk very well which I’m sure you’ve already seen. Even when having a reasonable discussion someone will hijack it and try to run you off the bored. I lurk other boards to see what people are saying but never post. It’s pointless. I really wish our bored wandering trolls would either be better at it or just stop...

As for the players/game: the Saints, you are not. You are simply another “greatest team ever” that we have to face. Oklahoma was outmatched. We are not. I hope y’all keep running that mouth...makes it much sweeter when it’s over.

Go Tigers!

Thank You!

Jan 1, 2020, 10:27 AM

Please remember 50% of the people on here look like this!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

^^Thus, why you wear a brown bag?

;)

We don't have Bama. Why would we? We have no jealousy.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the travel tips. I went to the sugar bowl the last time we went and had a great time. One place i regret i didnt get a chance to try was Mothers. ??

But man i miss the Bama fans. They did the talking on the field for the most part. OSU fans and now LSU fans won the game before it even started somehow.

Mothers

Jan 1, 2020, 10:54 AM

Is overrated IMHO. And the lines will be long.

Try Parkway Tavern. Great poyboys. Great atmosphere. Sit at the bar and order there rather than standing in line. And wear a short sleeve shirt or roll em up. Delicious but messy.

U shore as hayull ain’t the 1st & won’t be the last fan to come on TigerNet & tell us all that yore teem is gonna whip our ### while delivering a back handed compliment. Thanks so much!
Keep this in mind #######, if it was easy , surely Bama coulda done it.

U shore as hayull ain’t the 1st & won’t be the last fan to come on TigerNet & tell us all that yore teem is gonna whip our ### while delivering a back handed compliment. Thanks so much!
Keep this in mind #######, if it was easy , surely Bama coulda done it.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:56 AM

My all time favorite was the Ga Southern guy came over here trash talking. Dumb as all get out but he stuck to his guns right up until they lost badly.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Deer Clemson ]

Thanks for the civil reeplie and the incisive ahnallissis.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:51 AM

Was just thinking about why these posts never go well. I’ve come to the conclusion that these type posts are just a tl;dr “bless your heart”.

Headed to Camelia Grill for breakfast

Jan 1, 2020, 11:00 AM

See y’all weekend after next.

Please take me seriously about walking at night. I really do get tired of reading about drunken tourist casualties.

I’m section 102, fourth row. So wave to me.

Re: Headed to Camelia Grill for breakfast

Jan 1, 2020, 11:09 AM

Who cares? Your a self absorbed piece of trash, no one cares where you are, where your going, go join all your cousins on the LSU boards. The game in New Orleans will do the talking for us. We don't need some LSU trash telling us how much our team sucks, and how you guys are going to blow our doors off, just go away clone.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Headed to Camelia Grill for breakfast ]

NO is a great place, been there lots , don’t let the fear monger bother you.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Headed to Camelia Grill for breakfast ]

NO is a great place, been there lots , don’t let the fear monger bother you.

“Fear monger”

Jan 1, 2020, 12:43 PM

Then by all means walk from the Dome to the Quarter after the game. Be sure to cross the 700 block of Canal. You can say hello to Mr Darwin on your way out.

Re: “Fear monger”

Jan 1, 2020, 11:32 PM

Matt7Aa1 said:

Then by all means walk from the Dome to the Quarter after the game. Be sure to cross the 700 block of Canal. You can say hello to Mr Darwin on your way out.

I'll be walking from Poydras and up Dauphine after the game. Should I be concerned?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:07 AM

Here's to the refs screwing you on more than a few calls and losing you the game. And since i don't wish anything bad on the players, may all your coaches tear their acls.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:07 AM

You're right and everybody else on the planet is wrong. Have know a 1000 like you.
There's medication for what you gut buddy.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:12 AM

Hey at least he gave us a lot of crappy posts in here to vote down, he should be gone within the hour

Jan 1, 2020, 11:19 AM

Who In the #### do you think you are? Please leave.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:23 AM

Hey at least he gave us 30 posts we can vote down, he's already down to 44% I think, should be gone soon

Jan 1, 2020, 11:34 AM

Let him run his mouth, us Clemson Gomers ain’t never been nowhere. It’s a public service.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:47 AM

Matt - Thanks for the solid travel tips, and your LSU perspective on the game.

In terms of the game, we both know Oklahoma is a truly average team that Clemson and Buckeye State would have easily smacked down. LSU has played 3-4 good teams - Auburn, maybe UGA (depending on week) at home, and Bama on the road (always a great win). A lot of home games. Texas had some bad losses and Florida had their hands full with UVA who Clemson beat by 50.

LSU's schedule was far superior to Clemson's and deserves respect. And so does Joe Burrow. Based on the past eight years and last year's beatdown of Bama, Clemson will be far from intimidated. You are right LSU likes to keep Burrow in the game run up the score - this is fine with me as Clemson can handle it and dish it back in spades, and LSU's Defense is above average but not elite.

Give me Trevor Lawrence, Brent Venables and Clemson talent and experience. But I give LSU a reasonable shot in this one-year window with Burrow and LSU play caller. Hopefully, LSU believes this game will be a pushover. If LSU foregoes field goals inside the twenty, it could go either way. Bama could not convert 4th downs. IMHO Clemson 38 - LSU 31.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 12:03 PM

Well that settles it. Since your coaches won't settle for 3 in the red zone I guess they will just have to settle for nothing. The 2 things you need to keep in mind is that your team hasn't seen a complete team all year. We will stop your offense and we will expose your defense. Many have tried to take one aspect of our offense away with success for a few series. This is where the coaches come in to play. Your coaches don't know what to do when you get punched in the mouth so to speak but ours do. We have been here many times and know what to do. You will find out just like the other greatest qb of all time did when he faced us too. Good luck because you will need a lot of it to beat Clemson. You won't out athlete us like you have everyone else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 12:10 PM

I got to say this is the way to smack talk LSU fan. I am actually shocked a SEC school besides Vandy can do some intelligent Reverse Psychology. Anywhoo...LSU looks very strong. X's and O's do not matter anymore. Its all 1000 percent Heart now.

BTW I used to live down there so I am very familiar with the Culture. I think that is your downfall...your players are too relaxed. We feel we have something to prove along with out intelligence we will prevail. 30-0 is historic. And this will be not once but twice we have faced a school's greatest of all time. And it will be in your own backyard.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Deer Clemson ]

The Woodster coming in strong as always

Jan 1, 2020, 1:02 PM

Can we please stop. This is going to be a great game of two great teams. Regardless of the score, I am proud of my Clemson Tigers and a win or loss will not define what these young men have accomplished. At the end of the day, these are 18-21 year old young men.

I like Coach O and LSU has playmakers all over the field, but I like Dabo more and we have just as many athletes. What makes me most proud of Clemson is the culture that Dabo has built. "Serve a players heart, not his talent and football will take care of itself". Dabo brings in young men that will buy into the culture and want to leave the program as a better person, not just a better football player. We have a top program and he graduates his players while competing at the highest level. That degree will go with the person for a lifetime.... This game is only 60 minutes.

This game is about the players that play it. Let them settle it on the field. We are non-factors in the outcome. Cheer for your team and enjoy the game.

Go Tigers !!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious why a pacifist comes to a sports talk fan board..

Jan 1, 2020, 1:32 PM

No offense.

We didn’t have a chance vs. Bama last year either.***

Jan 1, 2020, 3:15 PM

Jan 1, 2020, 5:01 PM

You forgot to mention your fans will pour stuff all over our marching band..... because they’re classless

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

That’s Florida

Jan 1, 2020, 5:04 PM

We use #### balloons.

Those who talk

Jan 1, 2020, 5:05 PM

Don't know.

Those who know don't talk.

https://youtu.be/JrYtD7gSWsI

We know which you are...

Jan 1, 2020, 5:12 PM

LSU hasn't faced a defense like Clemson to date, and LSU's defense leaves a lot to be desired.

Clemson 42
LSU 28

Your Cinderella story ends, and Clemson becomes the new big bad wolf of CFB.

You are right about D

Jan 1, 2020, 5:14 PM

Clemson will be the best defense we face this year. I can agree with that.

Re: You are right about D

Jan 1, 2020, 5:39 PM

And then Auburn, who held you guys to 23 at home. They just lost to weak little Big 10 team. They pushed them around all game.

All that luster on your strength of schedule that you coon ##### have been pounding your chest over is slowly disappearing.

Florida has the lead on y’all at home late in the third quarter. Florida just struggled to be Virginia, a team Clemson beat 62-17 a few weeks ago. Virginia’s entire secondary was depleted as well.

Go pound your chest about your mighty SEC school back on SEC rant. We’re sick of ####### hearing about how great your overrated conference is every year.

Re: You are right about D

Jan 1, 2020, 6:57 PM

That was a lot of TDs.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:50 PM

Deer? Idiot.

Jan 1, 2020, 10:56 PM

Here’s to a good game
It’s actually going to be nice beating somebody besides Bama for NC this year .
Last year Bama was billed as the best team ever, Ohio St this year as it’s best team ever .
Now LSU comes with its best team ever.
To be honest I was more worried about the Bucknuts because I knew they had a for real D.
I actually believe Clemson plays it A+ game and controls from start to finish . But hey that’s just me.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:16 PM

OK, I've done my soul searching and have determined that you are whistling by the graveyard. You are really scared, huh?

Replies: 142
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic