Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson in the hunt for the next Sidney Rice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Feb 9, 2011, 9:24 PM

2012 wide receiver Quinshad Davis is drawing comparisons to the NFL's Sidney Rice who also played for Gaffney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo and Jeff Scott.... coolest white dudes I've ever met"

Feb 9, 2011, 9:31 PM

LOL

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man that "Kid" is cool ( coolest white dudes I've ever met")

Feb 9, 2011, 9:39 PM

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man that "Kid" is cool ( coolest white dudes I've ever met")

Feb 9, 2011, 10:58 PM

Haha, that quote really flies in the face of that whole "student-athlete vs athlete-student" comment...

I love how we recognize talent before the others do.***

Feb 9, 2011, 9:50 PM

Them white dudes are good and can recruit***

Feb 9, 2011, 9:58 PM

Re: I love how we recognize talent --- slightly ironic in

Feb 10, 2011, 7:24 AM [ in reply to I love how we recognize talent before the others do.*** ]

that this story is a comparison to Sydney Rice, who Clemson didn't want.

Sidney*****

Feb 10, 2011, 7:27 AM

Re: I love how we recognize talent --- slightly ironic in

Feb 10, 2011, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I love how we recognize talent --- slightly ironic in ]

Staff at the time told Sidney he was too slow!! OOPS

That's because Rice was an "athlete-student" and not a

Feb 10, 2011, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I love how we recognize talent --- slightly ironic in ]

"student-athlete"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Speaking of Sidney who was in town to visit Davis, I saw

Feb 10, 2011, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I love how we recognize talent --- slightly ironic in ]

him standing on the corner of a street in Gaffney in front of a liquor store and a restaurant named Shrimp boat. Yes...that sounds like a coot

Re: Clemson in the hunt for the next Sidney Rice

Feb 10, 2011, 12:02 AM

As a Sr. in Gaffney H.S. s rice caught 77 passes for 1414 yds. & 14 TDs. Clemson had many wr's come through during that time frame that were great wr's but he was a rice fan! Q. Davis also attends G.H.S. so may be why he likes rice! Sounds like a talented wr & hope CLEMSON might be in his plans for college! GO TIGERS!!! R! G>B! Q.D.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Red flag

Feb 10, 2011, 8:05 AM

It may turn out to be nothing, but my radar warning light went off when I read, "I'll definitely wait until signing day. I want to keep everyone on the edge of their seat."

Apparently, he wants to work the media for tons of attention. Hope that doesn't spell trouble. I'm not saying that it necessarily does, just that it raises the question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Red flag

Feb 10, 2011, 8:31 AM

Why make something out of nothing? If you don't know then don't say it.

null

Feb 10, 2011, 8:39 AM

Why did Crump post the story in the first place? To inform and give us something to talk about.

Do take note, I didn't draw a conclusion, just a question. Everybody does that all the time in every facet of life. Somebody says or does something and we wonder what it really means.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2011, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Red flag ]

I agree it is a red flag.Also,I hope I'm wrong but I think Clowney is clowning with us.It just bothers me a little that these kids have not proved anything yet.I wish they would stop with all the drama.It makes me wonder if they are going to be team players.Anyone who has played sports at any level knows that selfish players are a cancer to a team.

Feb 10, 2011, 8:37 AM

I am glad to read that he is smart. If he really is, he shouldn't even consider the coots. No smart kid would do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2011, 8:40 AM

Except, SCar will have much greater need at WR than we will next year. That would be the only good rationale in my mind.

Feb 10, 2011, 9:05 AM

but you need a good QB to get the ball to him when he does get on the field. we will have one for him.

Feb 10, 2011, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson in the hunt for the next Sidney Rice ]

I'd rather be a backup at Clemson than a starter at usuc. To say you were a star at one of the worst programs in the history of the game is not much to bring up in a conversation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2011, 9:14 AM

sigh... another prima dona

How about Clemson in the hunt for the next Rod Gardner or

Feb 10, 2011, 10:12 AM

Perry Tuttle, or Jerry Butler, or Aaron Kelly or ...

Re: How about Clemson in the hunt for the next Rod Gardner or

Feb 10, 2011, 10:34 AM

Receiver will be hard position to get next year.BUT we are talking about Dabo here.A good season will go a long way with the next recruiting class.

Because this kid goes to the same HS Rice did....***

Feb 10, 2011, 11:34 AM [ in reply to How about Clemson in the hunt for the next Rod Gardner or ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson in the hunt for next Gardner ButlerTuttle Clark

Feb 10, 2011, 3:43 PM [ in reply to How about Clemson in the hunt for the next Rod Gardner or ]

Dwight Clark, Agree all were great CU receivers we have lost.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic