Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
APM's Clemson joy/APM's Clemson heresy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

APM's Clemson joy/APM's Clemson heresy.

Aug 20, 2019, 10:49 AM

So happy news yestidee, as lil'APM says to APM, he says, "Dad, mark this day. I'm probably going to apply to Clemson." This is a joyous thing bc even though lil'APM has been going to games at Clemson with APM for years, he wasn't overly impressed with the campus tour last year and frankly, neither was APM. Clemson has changed since APM's day. BUUUUUUUTTTT, lil'APM did an architecture internship this summer and he likes it. And Clemson has architecture. Sooo...fangers crossed. We'll see what happens.

OTOH, this news of damage at the Esso Club does not bother APM. The truth is, APM has never really loved the Esso Club. And he has sure never been a fan of Mac's. Spitoono was cool back in the day, but otherwise APM has never bought into the Esso hype. APM was always a Jimmy Howard Sloan Street guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get the Esso thing.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:08 AM

Back in the day, the Esso was far more a local joint during the week and a tourist destination on game days. Now, it's 100% tourist destination. I was a fan because on my days off from bars I worked at, I could hide at the bar a little more anonymously there and I knew a lot of the regulars. These days, I'll go in a heartbeat to eat meat & three on a weekday, but I never go down there on game days. In all honesty, Sloan Street is the closest thing to the old days for me but I rarely go to any Clemson bars anymore. It's a different world, and MY Clemson is all but gone. I'll always love it there, but nearly everything that made the place great in my era has changed or disappeared.

That said, I truly can't understand how any millennial could walk away unimpressed by Clemson's campus. It seems the entire university is now set up in a way to get their business.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless I find a bar here, my wake needs to be at

Aug 20, 2019, 11:14 AM

Upstairs Tiger Town. It has taken a while, but I think I've finally spend more money there than at Backstreets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG dude. Clemson has NOTHING on Elon, High Point, etc.

Aug 20, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to I get the Esso thing. ]

I mean, Clemson is noice-ish, but these small, private liberal artsy joints are frikkin' luxurious. lil'APM would live a LOT better at one of those than he does currently @ Casa APM. It's a frikkin' arms race among the schools these days. I remember back when college was supposed to be tough and build character. No more.

Just another example of the pooosification of the United States.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:02 PM

And yes, I suppose if you go all over the country and comparison shop you'll be disappointed.

Which is why you should have taken lil'APM to Winthrop, THEN to Clemson, and then force him to make make a choice between his two alternatives.

THAT'S JUST GOOD PARENTING.

that was the choice I had.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:34 PM

well, actually, the quote was, "you can go to college anywhere you want. If you pick Winthrop or Clemson, we'll help you"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why Winthrop? Not hating on Winthrop but just seems like

Aug 20, 2019, 12:46 PM

a random alternative to Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why Winthrop? Not hating on Winthrop but just seems like

Aug 20, 2019, 12:49 PM

not if you grow up in RH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS^^^

Aug 20, 2019, 2:12 PM

I had more friends fail out of Winthrop than friends that left Rock Hill to start Clemson.

LOL. Told my kids, do well in school and you can go to

Aug 20, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to that was the choice I had. ]

Clemson. Otherwise you will end up at Winthrop.

Daughter wan't to go to Stanford and that may be one of the few schools I would support other than Clemson, given proper financials.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, I have no idea what

Aug 20, 2019, 12:54 PM

wan't is

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

duz proper financials include multiple air fares?***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:02 PM [ in reply to LOL. Told my kids, do well in school and you can go to ]

No

Aug 20, 2019, 1:03 PM

I'd relocate the entire family

well, Stanford does have a football program.***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:12 PM

So does Samford and it is way closer.***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL. Told my kids, do well in school and you can go to

Aug 20, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to LOL. Told my kids, do well in school and you can go to ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the serious note...

Aug 20, 2019, 2:16 PM

Carry a 3.0 through high school graduation and through 2 years of York Tech, and you can get 2 years of college for the price of books and then transfer to Clemson. Given the rising cost of a college education, and it's ACTUAL value in the world today and that's a REAL alternative for getting a 4 year degree. If'n you're a SC resident that is, but I'm sure similar deals exist in other states.

Yeah, similar deal in TN.***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm so glad college was more affordable

Aug 20, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to On the serious note... ]

when I came through. "Go to York Tech for the basics," was a common mantra circa 1998, but I'd not trade that Freshmen year dorm experience for anything.

Friendships forged there a probably the only thing that got me through the leanest years in Charleston.

Ineligible User thinks that writing in the third person

Aug 20, 2019, 11:36 AM

all the time would get difficult

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try it main***

Aug 20, 2019, 11:43 AM

It requires more keystrokes than "I".

Aug 20, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Ineligible User thinks that writing in the third person ]

Me did this. 19B thinks this. Yep. That's more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's trying to be egocentric and oddballish

Aug 20, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Ineligible User thinks that writing in the third person ]

more like annoying

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

APM gots to do wha's right for APM, knowwhati'msayin'?***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:34 PM

Ahem. "knowwhatapm'ssayin"?***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, no clue***

Aug 20, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to APM gots to do wha's right for APM, knowwhati'msayin'?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Clemson has architecture?***

Aug 20, 2019, 11:50 AM

Look pretty boy, just because you were only there to

Aug 20, 2019, 11:56 AM

find a rich wife...

Re: Look pretty boy, just because you were only there to

Aug 20, 2019, 12:01 PM

Yeah....he lost me at 'pretty' too.***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:03 PM

Needs some sort of modifier.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:05 PM

Say, "pretty hairy".

Re: Needs some sort of modifier.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:09 PM

WASN'T IMPRESSED WITH THE CAMPUS?

Aug 20, 2019, 12:31 PM

WAT IS HE BLIND?

ALSO I AGREE WITH ALL OTHER POINTS ABOUT THE ESSO, ETC. JUST MEH OVERALL. I PREFERRED PAWS OR WHATEVER THAT RAILROAD STATION PLACE WAS IN CENTRAL.

IM NOT YELLIN, IM TYPING WITH 1 HAND AND EATIN AND 2 LAZY TO TURN IT OFF.

You say eating, we say rattlesnake shake.***

Aug 20, 2019, 12:32 PM

also, shots fired at the mange

Aug 20, 2019, 12:36 PM

smacking the bees nest. how many tds will this get?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/If-I-could-sum-up-the-Esso-Club-in-6-seconds-of-audio-25811332#25811332

The meat and 3 is surprisingly good***

Aug 20, 2019, 1:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's usually what I had

Aug 20, 2019, 1:17 PM

It was just always a solid meh. Same with Macs. I would equate both to the Beacon.

enjoy the out of state tuition, and no lottery money.

Aug 20, 2019, 12:48 PM

but hey, it's so worth it.

let's no get too far ahead of ourselves - there's VT and he

Aug 20, 2019, 1:35 PM

really likes Elon, High Point, William & Mary (my fave), and even W&L.

Still got to tour WF and a few others.

As long as he is living in luxury, that's all that really

Aug 20, 2019, 2:20 PM

matters. He can always drive down early on Saturday mornings and buy face value tickets outside the stadium if he wants to experience Championship caliber football, I mean.

what does he think of enter sandman and a key 3rd down***

Aug 20, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to let's no get too far ahead of ourselves - there's VT and he ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

been to VT a lot, doesn't like it, but dey got architecture***

Aug 20, 2019, 8:51 PM

Re: APM's Clemson joy/APM's Clemson heresy.

Aug 20, 2019, 4:12 PM

If this post is for real, please don't have him waste 4/6 years for an Arch degree. He'll end up reciting his career based on recessions. He should pursue building construction or get a 4 year non-professional degree in Arch, then get a Master or City/Regional Planning or a Master in Real Estate Development. Just a recommendation from someone who's been there … and seen others waste time. Good luck … GOD bless.

He is serious and yes, the economy thing concerns me BUT

Aug 20, 2019, 5:32 PM

he just interned at a joint where most of their projects are overseas. He really liked it, loves history, and we have a relative who is a retired architect who did very well. I'm just happy lil'APM is finally starting to express a desired direction for his studies.

Not impressed with the campus tour??

Aug 20, 2019, 6:35 PM

Coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APM wasn't either. They bussed us over from a church.

Aug 20, 2019, 8:32 PM

Bus packed full of Yankees.

Student tour guide was "meh" at best (lil'APM has put a big premium on good student tour guides). She was a Philadelphia Yankee who obviously did not know Clemson as well as a tour guide should (standing right in front of henry's ancestor's house and didn't even say who it belonged to - probably not PC).

Just not that impressive compared to other college tours. Just sayin'.

Samesies re:Mac’s....

Aug 20, 2019, 6:53 PM

#sorrynotsorry

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic