Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has a Decision to Make
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Clemson has a Decision to Make

Sep 21, 2014, 3:18 PM

We can have a team that is able to compete for the national playoffs every 10 years or so or a nice team that stacks up very well in the ACC and goes to some lesser bowls with an occasional burst into the larger bowls. If Clemson wants Door number one here's what is needed;
1. The coaches particularly Dabo and Chad need to improve professionally in their game coaching ability, ability to strategize, ability to make adjustments, and develop a flexible approach to offensive coaching. They ARE GREAT REPRRESENTATIVES OF THE UNIVERSITY, GOOD SOLID CITIZENS but unfortunately they get outcoached IN FAR, FAR TOO MANY GAMES and to make matters worse the Tiger fans are blind to these weaknesses. If they can't develop as coaches and change, replace them and I personally hope it does not come to that but the present course, coaching wise, is simply failing to reach door 1. Or we can select door number 2:
2. Say nothing, do nothing, no critiques, no first or second guessing--in short a "they know it all and make perfect decisions" attitude that seems so prevalent here so Tiger fans need to shut up and live with it or find another team!
It is one thing to have knowledge on any subject but it is an entirely different matter to be able to effectively communicate that knowledge. IMO our coaches can fine tune their knowledge in a short time but to communicate it effectively is much more difficult.
There was absolutely no reason to lose that game to FSU last evening. Our players played their hearts out and I for one feel for them today. IMO were let down by some very questionable and, in a couple of cases, serious coaching mental errors and judgments--which very directly affected the game's outcome...
I'm proud of our Tigers and, as a reasonably new fan, am only seeking even better things for all concerned but I must say that there is no doubt in my mind that the coaching(particularly in the second half) was not acceptable for door one but was just fine for door 2.
I guess I have to realize that many on this site are in favor of door 2 and that's ok as long as you/we don't expect door one results.
So be rude, crude or whatever you like but that does not change the fact that the Tigers were let down by their coaches last evening and I find that rather disturbing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has a Decision to Make***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has a Decision to Make

Sep 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

You will get roasted for questioning authority here. Don't you know better than that?

Surely you can't be a "true fan" if you question the almighty Dabo

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 3:26 PM

kik: yes, I understand that but the facts speak for themselves and we simply do get out coached in far too many games. If the readers here don't want to face reality that isn't my problem

No, he'll get roasted because a semi-intelligent 3rd grader

Sep 21, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson has a Decision to Make ]

could expose him for the ###### and cocklover that he is. Speaking of weirdos who pretend to be tigers, how desperate does one have to be to actually buy a membership here??

Worst decision was reading this drivel***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:26 PM

HAHAHAHA! ^^^^THIS***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 3:27 PM

And your going to be that man to make that decision,correct?
So go talk to Dan Radokovich,for he is the man you need to convince,not those of us on TigerNet.
And while your at it,go by Coach Dabo,Chad,and Brent's office and tell them what you just told us.I am certain they would love your imput.
I just love people like you who think they have "All"(in) the answers.

Sep 21, 2014, 7:09 PM

every board also needs to have someone like you to tell them their opinion is not any good and YOU have decided it so! why is any one opinion better than others, just different. have you ever thought you may be wrong? that's why we have an opinion and discussion board to begin with.

Sep 21, 2014, 3:28 PM

I agree with everything you said here. This is a coaching issue and that should be obvious for all to see. Good head coaches make better choices/decisions and adjustments during the game. And you never enter a season with a debacle of a special teams unit that we have right now. How can they allow that to happen?

Venables on the other hand has the right attitude and approach. He is not afraid to tell you when you stink and then coach you up! And when you play up to expectations, he let's you know it too. No sunshine pumping though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only decision you need to worry about

Sep 21, 2014, 3:31 PM

Is whether to change your Depends while you're watching Oprah or wait for the Ellen show.

You really did too much thinking for

Sep 21, 2014, 3:32 PM

This group

LOL! Funny you would mention "this group" when you're

Sep 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

so nuts you're replying to yourself.

I S S U E S. You got a boatlaod of 'em.

Sep 21, 2014, 3:39 PM

That is a very astute assessment and a good, honest post, tiger james. However, it probably will not be received well on this board.

Sep 21, 2014, 5:47 PM

nothing is well received here that is not a positive about our coaches. Fact remains they get out coached in far too many games and if those that are so upset about a fact based, honest assessment from someone who has run successful organizations, too darn bad.

There are things to criticize, but you don't what they are

Sep 21, 2014, 5:53 PM

We didn't fail to make adjustments or get out x'ed and o'ed.

We have a nervous nelly fg kicker.

We don't have our crap straight on getting the right players on the field at times, causing us to waste time outs which we need late in games.

I might have liked to see Mackensie get a little help on Greene late in that game, but otherwise V did a great job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are things to criticize, but you don't what they are

Sep 21, 2014, 6:01 PM

I hesitate to post because after such a crushing loss I know y'all don't want to hear from Gamecocks, but I watched a good bit of y'alls game and didn't see this obviously bad coaching. I think y'all did really well and then tightened up at the end. Think it was players more than coaches, though. Dabo and the staff coached well enough to win that game. The kicker was tight and the line didn't handle the 4th down play in OT. Take away those two things and Dabo is getting nothing but praise today. I was impressed with Clemson and FSU should feel really lucky today.

Sep 21, 2014, 6:12 PM

There have been times when Clemson's coaches have been out coached, but last night was not one of them. Mental errors by the players were huge - 1) Snapped over the head, 2) Missed field goals, 3) Defender falling down on FSU's late TD, ... The players did play a great game and certainly deserved to win, but the mental errors cost us the game. We should be able to pick up a few inches without dropping back 5 yards in the shotgun. Perhaps the hot shot OC could work on this fundamental.

Sep 21, 2014, 7:47 PM

too much man love for Dabo for that to change

and my goodness that contract...we are stuck with what we have

95% of tiger fans are fine with that

3 years in a row losing to FSU and SCU (the two biggest games on the schedule)...I am not fine with

hopefully I won't see it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see where you are coming from but

Sep 21, 2014, 7:55 PM

To say we got outcoached as badly as you and some others have stated is simply wrong....#1 team in the country on the road and we left about 20 EASY points on the field. Coaching didn't snap the ball 50 ft over watsons head...that was a great play call but cole didn't hit a wide open leggett. How can you ppl keep saying this, our guys are young and don't know how to finish yet...it will come. That game should have easily been well in hands at half time the way our def was playing

Re: I see where you are coming from but

Sep 21, 2014, 7:57 PM

And the two missed FGs I mean you should be confident in a guy that can hit a 25 yarder but we can't...those give a team a lot of confidence....Alexander played an amazing game but he trips up I mean it was the right defense.

Looks like you're not alone there...

Sep 21, 2014, 8:08 PM

johnnycomelatelt bandwagoner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo missed 2 chip shot FGs, snapped the ball over QBs head,

Sep 21, 2014, 8:57 PM

and fumbled when we were in position to win the game late. All Dabo amd Morris' doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2014, 9:18 PM

Dabo and Chad are arrogant know-it-alls who don't seem to be learning as they go--not willing to make good decisions when everyone else seems to see the right way fairly quickly ( the best QB and RBs to play, offensive playcalling, special teams coaching, S&C coaching, etc.). And...they are getting paid big $$$ to do what they do! Don't get me wrong, I love the CU culture and atmosphere, but we've got to improve and progress. Stop being victims and saying how proud we are of our team--of course we are, BUT--I for one will be a lot prouder when coaches and players quit choking in big games

You can't blame these things on the coaches:

Sep 21, 2014, 9:33 PM

Alexander falling down. (He made some amazing plays in the game).

DJ fumbling. (He made some amazing runs, including 18 yards to pick up a 3rd and 16).

FG kicker missed two kicks. (He had kicked well in practice).

Cole's low pass to TE. Surely was not the coaches fault.

If half of those things don't happed, we still win easily.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic