Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has Match taken from them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,924

Clemson has Match taken from them

Nov 8, 2017, 10:06 PM

Red Card given, in a 1-1 game, on a play that should not have even been a fowl. Good challenge by the defender and horrible call by the ref. Can't believe a straight red was even an option that late in a close game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

My thoughts exactly... garbage call***

Nov 8, 2017, 10:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has Match taken from them

Nov 8, 2017, 10:15 PM

Yep it was all ball. I could maybe understand a yellow because the angle the ref has but it was not a foul. He should not have made the slide though and put himself in that position.

Nov 8, 2017, 10:39 PM

Agree. You can make a bad call and even give a yellow because of the angle, but a red should never be given unless it is 100% confidence. If that was the case he should look for another profession.

null

Nov 8, 2017, 10:24 PM

should be review-able

and the player that fakes a broken back seizure should get the card

---sucks that feigning injury is such a big part of the sport

Maybe our guys need to take some drama classes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I can't watch soccer

Nov 8, 2017, 10:33 PM

Re: That's why I can't watch soccer

Nov 8, 2017, 10:37 PM

This wasn't a case of drama forcing the call. The ref made a decision quickly and there was nothing to support it. Unless a player makes a tackle from directly behind with intent or is the last man between goal there is no need for a straight red.

null

Worst call of the year

Nov 9, 2017, 5:56 AM

Ref had a knee jerk reaction and when he sees a replay he will know he was the jerk.

Re: Worst call of the year

Nov 9, 2017, 6:17 AM

Having officiated for years, it can be a real challenge. Play seldom stops and snap judgments have to be made because, if there's a foul, fine, but you don't want to stop play and remove advantage for the infringed team. It's a lot to process in a split second. That's it!

Where this guy messed up is:
1. the player he sent off had the ball, thus there was no reason that player would be showing studs to maintain possession and as a result
2. he wasn't making a tackle or seeking to dispossess...he had the ball...and still had the ball when the WF player arrive.

Official hate...HATE to affect the outcome of a game. These type matches are assessed afterwards and this one will cost him as it's unlikely he'll get the whistle for matches the rest of this season. AR or 4th, but not the whistle. Honestly, I've never seen a card when there was no body contact and absent studs up. Never.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some things never change.

Nov 9, 2017, 9:28 AM

Almost got thrown out of a Puke match one time for telling the refs what I thought of their crew.

Their best player practically tackled our boy and nothing was said. Ten minutes later our boy brushed by him, he fell over and pretended to have two broken legs. They flagged our boy.

Then their crippled player got up and scored a goal.

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic