Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Recruiting Update: Former Clemson signee picks FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,402

Baseball Recruiting Update: Former Clemson signee picks FSU

Jul 12, 2015, 7:45 AM

Former Clemson signee picks FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Recruiting Update: Former Clemson signee picks FSU

Jul 12, 2015, 8:01 AM

He knew for sure he would ride the pine next season at Clemson.

Like Scott Wingo

Jul 12, 2015, 11:08 AM

Wingo would have ridden the pine behind Mike Freeman took but Leggett caught holy he!! for not bringing him in. he was an average player at SCAR, but was an hall of fame player against clemson and in the cws. i just hope Raleigh regrets not coming to clemson, but i am not too worried.

bottom line, the kid wanted to play for leggett, not clemson. hate he is headed to the crimanoles and will face us the next three years, but good riddance. I've got enough confidence in Lee that we are headed in the right direction.

ALL IN!!

Jul 13, 2015, 3:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Recruiting Update: Former Clemson signee picks FSU ]

We beat FSU 3 out of 4 games last season. So I'm thinking that with what I believe will be a better coached team next season. We should beat them again next season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2015, 11:34 AM

Hope he has some thick skin, because the hecklers will be in full force when he comes to Tigertown next year.

Clemson fans will not bemoan Raleigh's change of mind

Jul 12, 2015, 9:14 AM

(even though he's committed to a longtime baseball rival) although honestly, I'm a little surprised he didn't wind up at NCSt (Raleigh in Raleigh), UVa maybe, or possibly even chapelhole where I'm sure the baseball coach is ALSO telling recruits the NCAA will not sanction their program either.

I think we do find it surprising, what with the new recruiting energy in Clemson's baseball program, that the toast of Sylva is turning down an opportunity to help key a resurgence in what was for a long time one of the top 4 or 5 baseball programs in the country. One would think just the possibility of being on the first Clemson baseball team to bring home the championship trophy from Omaha would have been sufficient spark to rekindle whatever good stuff he saw about Clemson University in the first place

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was always about Leggett more than Clemson.

Jul 12, 2015, 2:28 PM

Why he couldn't still look at Clemson in an objective light is what I don't get. Maybe he was too angry that they fired his favorite coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Orig I had no hard feelings - but FSU?

Jul 12, 2015, 9:51 AM

I have no problem with a young kid who had an emotional reaction to Leggett's firing. I'm a little less sympathetic now he chose FSU. Even if he chose UVa I would have understood given their recent history. Going to FSU for baseball is second only to ending up in Columbia to me.

Re: Orig I had no hard feelings - but FSU?

Jul 12, 2015, 10:03 AM

Well at least he can get away with junk there if he takes a notion. It amazes me anyone wants to go there for anything

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Orig I had no hard feelings - but FSU?

Jul 12, 2015, 12:45 PM

Didn't you read yesterday or Friday that they have set a new standard for character at FSU? Well that's not new, really. They have set a new lower standard under Jimbo. It now is even lower than when Bowden was there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fire somebody!

Jul 12, 2015, 9:56 AM

and best of luck to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 11:13 AM

Good luck to him. He's a player and will help FSU.

Jul 12, 2015, 4:28 PM

Does this mean he's gonna punch a chick in the face?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Jul 12, 2015, 4:41 PM

Probably

Jul 13, 2015, 9:14 AM

Sad thing is that he may be there when Martin is fired or forced to retire. Martin leads college baseball history in underperforming in the post season. This is a case of blood is thicker than water. His dad is loyal to Jack. The weird part here is did Jack recommend he go to FSU instead of Clemson? I'm pretty sure Jack and Mike are tight.

He must really like playing for coaches who

Jul 13, 2015, 9:22 AM

are already eligible for social security.

Clearly he didn't think he'd get much playing time here.

Jul 13, 2015, 10:03 AM

Can't fault a kid for going where he can play immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clearly he didn't think he'd get much playing time here.

Jul 13, 2015, 10:33 AM

Okey gone next year. If he was so great he would be backing up first year and starting in 2nd. It had to do with Jack and this kid's dad. Period. No matter though. We'll be fine. We now have the best young coach in college baseball.

he will regret his choice,

Jul 13, 2015, 10:17 AM

We will no longer get out coached, we will kick Fla St 's butt in the coming years

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,402
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic